[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Suggestion: Let us buy world transfers

azzacuraazzacura
Reactions: 765
edited March 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
There are several games where they fixed the "dying servers" issue by letting players buy world transfers, like World of Warcraft. I think this could help players in Maplestory as well, seeing how many players are left in an empty world after the most recent world transfer events. I myself am not suffering from this problem but after seeing all the forum posts (both here and unofficial forums) I thought there must be something we can do.

To prevent people hopping servers and disrupting the market there, you can add some restrictions:
-One world transfer per year/account
-Don't let players take ALL their stuff, it might make them angry but that's how it works in World of Warcraft. At least they get to play with all their chars in a populated server again.
-If they have a name that already exists in the world they transfer to, make them do a name change first.
-Don't let them trade with anyone for the first 24 hours after world transfer.

I don't know how much hassle it is for Nexon to perform a world transfer but for $20-40 it should be profitable right?
marvindrago
  1. Do you want to be able to buy a world transfer?14 votes
    1. Yes
       71% (10 votes)
    2. No
       21% (3 votes)
    3. Only when my server starts dying
       7% (1 vote)

Comments

• adgnadgn
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited April 2018
    They used to have world transfer coupons for 25k nx. Maybe they could bring it back
    RyoManazzacuramarvindrago
  • marvindragomarvindrago
    Reactions: 600
    edited April 2018
    please i miss the event cause my laptop broke and got a new computer in 2018
  • TrystarrTrystarr
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited April 2018
    My only issue with buying a transfer ticket for 25k nx is that I have a lot of link mules that I would want to bring, and the cost would becomes significant. Buying a ticket that allows all characters on ones account to be transferable for like 24 hours sounds like a great idea though. I'd buy that today.
  • TimidTimid
    Reactions: 1,320
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    I want merge servers already. :(
    It just gonna make the other worlds dead. Dead from recovery. No way it's coming back once its dead. :<

• XiangTuXiangTu
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited April 2018
    Timid wrote: »
    It just gonna make the other worlds dead. Dead from recovery. No way it's coming back once its dead. :<

Yea, Bera stand alone then all the other servers combined (: Should've been Scania alone but they killed it so.. Yea, this is where we are.
    Timid
  • Kenny2kKenny2k
    Reactions: 630
    XiangTu wrote: »
    Timid wrote: »

Yea, Bera stand alone then all the other servers combined (: Should've been Scania alone but they killed it so.. Yea, this is where we are.

Same I want a big server merge because I recently started playing again and when I came back I saw Broa was like a ghost town and I have all my chars on Broa :(