[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Nexon best discuss server merges @maplefest

XiangTuXiangTu
Reactions: 1,225
edited March 2018 in Off-Topic Discussion
Giving maplers the opportunity to ask questions to developers could be so risky lol. Soo many complaints that have gotten unanswered through forums and tickets will be brought up in the QnA, and I could see the whole event being compromised by players who feel they've be wronged one way or another. (i.e. One huge issue is the (seemingly) indiscriminate banning of legitimate players) I really hope they come prepared for those questions with actual solutions.
But a really big issue is all the dead servers. If you're in Bera, you may be less likely to have a strong opinion on the matter- which sucks since the vast majority of players are in Bera, thus this big issue may be undermined. But honestly, a lot of maplers take extended breaks from the game only to come back afew months down the road. Most people I play with in Windia have this same story. Yet now they're active players daily, but are always complaining about how dead the server is. Guilds, alliances and buddylist help, but it does not solve the underlying problem. The community has been reduced from what were used to while this could be resolved through server merges. the Auction house is significantly lacking in selection in these dead servers, oh and a big part of the economy is solely relied upon by botters and dupers because there is no one else with good equips (We have bots advertising that they're selling 30%+ gollux equips all day in hene- smh..) I understand that they're doing this in Bera too, but atleast in Bera if you were looking into buying a 30% gollux equip, you would have the option NOT to buy from a bot, which is almost never the case in Windia. Because I suspect these mules selling gollux equips in hene are dupers I cannot risk buying them.

all in all, I just hope you guys are coming prepared for the hard questions during MapleFest. And not only that, I hope you come prepared to announce some changes to improve our maple community outside of Bera- because it is lacking in a lot of aspects.
saladsenpaii

Comments

• rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited April 2018
    dude just look at the money and know the real meaning behind this festival. All answers and decisions made are answered by following the money. Nexon isn't trying to save us just look at where the money they making are going too.
  • XiangTuXiangTu
    edited April 2018
    riza wrote: »
    dude just look at the money and know the real meaning behind this festival. All answers and decisions made are answered by following the money. Nexon isn't trying to save us just look at where the money they making are going too.

I don't care if there is a profit margin for this festival, Although it sounds like an expense tbh. you mean them selling merch? I am not saying Nexon should "save us" I am saying it is a good business decision to merge the servers considering all the complaints I hear (As well as people coming back to play to their dead servers after missing the transfer event and being torn between going to bera with nothing or keeping their characters). Additionally, not addressing this issue during the Q&A could be disastrous for PR, because Nexon must know about this widespread complaint among its players, and not having a solution ready while talking to hundreds of them can be, well.. Bad for business. I mean I suppose they could avoid this issue by inviting mostly Bera players? We shall see though!
  • rizariza
    edited April 2018
    XiangTu wrote: »

I don't care if there is a profit margin for this festival, Although it sounds like an expense tbh. you mean them selling merch? I am not saying Nexon should "save us" I am saying it is a good business decision to merge the servers considering all the complaints I hear (As well as people coming back to play to their dead servers after missing the transfer event and being torn between going to bera with nothing or keeping their characters). Additionally, not addressing this issue during the Q&A could be disastrous for PR, because Nexon must know about this widespread complaint among its players, and not having a solution ready while talking to hundreds of them can be, well.. Bad for business. I mean I suppose they could avoid this issue by inviting mostly Bera players? We shall see though!

lol bro even if it don't sound like it im on your side. For me to say it better "im on the peoples side" as i am the "voice of the voiceless". Nexon can't reach its full potential with the team they have now. don't forget it was the fact they decided to do the transfer around September. Team decision not Korea. that the game went to shet. most decisions made weren't thought through and properly simulated for worst case scenarios. Worst of all they have people who wudn't bothering listen to people of all backgrounds meaning people you like and people you dislike. This in the end destroys potential growth and partners and great opportunity to get the right people to help and make things great. i recommended the same thing you have but what you think happened. they took down my post. actually they took down almost all my post. and put walls so i cudn't reach the community or voice my ideas. This is why i tried to get in cause i knew if i was in people voices would be answered but i guess if something is shet might as well leave it there to get stale. but over all without a riza nexon is doom.
  • XiangTuXiangTu
    edited April 2018
    XiangTu wrote: »

lol bro even if it don't sound like it im on your side. For me to say it better "im on the peoples side" as i am the "voice of the voiceless". Nexon can't reach its full potential with the team they have now. don't forget it was the fact they decided to do the transfer around September. Team decision not Korea. that the game went to shet. most decisions made weren't thought through and properly simulated for worst case scenarios. Worst of all they have people who wudn't bothering listen to people of all backgrounds meaning people you like and people you dislike. This in the end destroys potential growth and partners and great opportunity to get the right people to help and make things great. i recommended the same thing you have but what you think happened. they took down my post. actually they took down almost all my post. and put walls so i cudn't reach the community or voice my ideas. This is why i tried to get in cause i knew if i was in people voices would be answered but i guess if something is shet might as well leave it there to get stale. but over all without a riza nexon is doom.

Must've misinterpreted your first post. I guess your right, the team Nexon has now simply can't figure out how to solve problems with basic solutions. I can't believe every server except Bera and Reboot has gone half a year without Nexon addressing unpopulated server problems. Like, HOW DID IT HAPPEN TWICE?! Does Nexon think a world transfer event is like a fun annual event for people? It literally kills communities/servers. How do they not realize a merge has to happen before everyone approving world transfers?? Literally look at Windia right now, It was locked during the last transfer event, and is now dead. How are the people in charge of Maplestory @ Nexon missing this blatant fact? It is flat out embarrassing to be honest.
  • rizariza
    edited April 2018
    Its like what i said they don't care if your a riza and speak out you get shut down. We need people to rise up and fight. If your going down for what you believe in at least go down fighting.
  • XiangTuXiangTu
    edited April 2018
    Its like what i said they don't care if your a riza and speak out you get shut down. We need people to rise up and fight. If your going down for what you believe in at least go down fighting.

I feel like Nexon tries to keep the income from Maplestory as passive as possible- especially Nexon America considering how extreme some of the problems are. Overly inflated prices from botters/people buying with insane amounts of real $ leading to a 30b mesos cap being incompatible (Nexon, Frenzy totem commonly goes for $1,500 on the black market), 80% of servers being dead with no hope beside a merge, a dozen people in each world spamming illegal mesos sales. Even the content for GMS is copy and pasted, what does Nexon America even do? How are they getting away with this? Nexon delegated way too much trust into Nexon America.
    I mean this is a pretty good opportunity for an entry level employee @ Nexon to be like "Hey, there is a lot of potential to make more money off Maplestory" - point out the mesos sale industry, the fixing population problem to keep people from quitting (Happens alot cause of dead servers and people not willing to restart from scratch) and maybe a good PR move by atleast attempting to eliminate mesos sale spammers. How long will that take though? lol.

It is easy for maplers to see Nexon treats maplestory as chalked up to a dying game with a bit of remaining passive income left to milk from it.
    saladsenpaii
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Alright, this thread has been open for a month and it's just been two users going back and forth generally spreading FUD and Nexon bashing.

Maple Fest is over now. I was working during the stream, so I don't personally know all the things they discussed during the developer Q&A. If they did discuss world merges, then it's done. If they didn't, then they didn't. Either way this thread has strayed too far from its original topic.

Close reasons:
    • FUD and Nexon bashing
    • Thread derailed
    MapleBishopFan85
This discussion has been closed.