[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Non-Leech Perma Starter Guide

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    nikoflame wrote: »
    You're missing the ??? type of beginner (Shade before becoming Shade, literally called "???"). They have NO skills at all, and you need to wait for an event that moves you in order to leave the starter area. EXTREMELY RARE, and I have one! Since it has no skills at all, it's definitely the most respected beginner, especially as a non-leecher.

Respected - as long as they don't abuse glitches and/or Nexon staff ignorance to get out of their starter area.
    nikoflameChroniusNightmareInvulgo
  • ElfenkriegerElfenkrieger
    Reactions: 100
    edited April 2018
    Hey Guys!

Oldschool EMS Player, returning to find account gone - Trying to casually rebuild a perma beginner.
    Any other beginners still around want to play, hang out or help. Feel free to add me on 'Transparency' on Luna.

:)
  • SumiSumi
    Reactions: 1,840
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Oooow i like this guide def gonna use it. Thank you

And aaahw saw the explorer mount was back went to kenta at 60 but not for beginners =(
    ChroniusNightmare
  • SumiSumi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Oooow so ive been doing princess no and its awesome exp!!! Got to 171 so far
    ChroniusNightmare
  • ChroniusNightmareChroniusNightmare
    Reactions: 1,975
    edited July 2018
    Sumi wrote: »
    Oooow so ive been doing princess no and its awesome exp!!! Got to 171 so far

It's good to know my guide is helping out! Not a lot of people know or care to attempt clearing the Sengoku quest line because of how tedious it is. Despite all that hassle, you're gifted with this super-quick way to get lots of exp that ought to take 45 minutes to an hour for all 7 entries.
  • SumiSumi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Woot reached 190 today! With the right familair. Been using oda knight and death scythe. And soul. I can actually train at fes4 aswell takes a bit but its exp.still doing princeas no daily. And collecting more familairs and cards to update my book. Next step 200!
    ChroniusNightmare
  • SumiSumi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Wooohooo got 200 today . leveling is gonna be slower now at PNAE but i will keep going slowly.
    Level 200 achievement unlocked
    ChroniusNightmare
    edited August 2018
    Wooohooo got 200 today . leveling is gonna be slower now at PNAE but i will keep going slowly.
    Level 200 achievement unlocked

Congrats! That didn't take long at all. See Prime504? This guide is proof that you can hit 200 without leech and then some.
  • ZaiahZaiah
    Reactions: 530
    edited August 2018
    I'm currently doing Temple of Time. I'm stuck at the point where you have to visit your first job instructor. Obviously, us perma beginners don't have one. How do I progress here?
    edited August 2018
    Zaiah wrote: »
    I'm currently doing Temple of Time. I'm stuck at the point where you have to visit your first job instructor. Obviously, us perma beginners don't have one. How do I progress here?

Good question! I haven't gone through the ToT quest line on any of my starters yet. I think maybe it has something to do with what class you said you wanted to become but never got and that's the NPC you talk to? Sorry I'm not much help with that. It's strange, though. I saw a video on youtube with someone having a beginner in an Oblivian map.
  • SumiSumi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Ill get on it this week! I picked warrior in the beggining tho but never advanced. Im clasified as warrior qhen i go to zak tho. I g2 talk to the warrior instructor there. So i quess when ill do ToT im gonna have to see dancea with balrog
  • ZaiahZaiah
    Reactions: 530
    edited August 2018
    Zaiah wrote: »

Good question! I haven't gone through the ToT quest line on any of my starters yet. I think maybe it has something to do with what class you said you wanted to become but never got and that's the NPC you talk to? Sorry I'm not much help with that. It's strange, though. I saw a video on youtube with someone having a beginner in an Oblivian map.

Nope, talking to any of the job instructors doesn't work. Also, seeing a perma beginner in an Oblivion map is perfectly possible since hyper rocks exist.
  • SumiSumi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Yea i tried aswell cant continue =s
    edited December 2018
    Yea i tried aswell cant continue =s

I too have tried this and I can confirm that there's no way to move forward in ToT as a Perm Beginner. The chances are very slim that beginners will ever be qualified for that one crutial requirement. But until then, just keep doing PNAE and sudden missions. Keep it up! :)
  • AhmAhm
    Reactions: 200
    Goodday fellow beginners! Happy New Year, stay strong, keep progressing! If anyone wants to start up a new beginner, I will welcome you with open arms on Reboot NA. ~ Riinø
  • SteamCookieSteamCookie
    Reactions: 610
    edited April 2019
    I noticed it hasn't been noted so I thought I'd mention this. This is the method I've been using to level my beginner.

As soon as you have access to Afterlands, go there. The main questline gives great exp, but the reason Afterlands is particularly great is for the repeatable quests in Land of Innocence and Land of Riches. These quests are Dry Your Eyes, Distracted From Anger, and A Tasteful Favor.

Dry Your Eyes and Distracted From Anger are turn in quests in the Land of Innocence (10 Frozen Treat items/10 Child's Toy items, respectively). They can each be completed 5 times per 24 hour period (I am not totally sure if its 24 hrs, this needs confirmation. could be 12-16 hours honestly I am not sure). Each turn in rewards ~4.65% exp, for a total of around 40% exp per day! The real reason these quests are good is because the items can be farmed on another character and traded over via storage, so you can get free 40% exp for your beginner per day by doing nothing.

A Tasteful Favor is another repeatable quest in the Land of Riches. Not sure how many times you can do this one before you have to wait, I have not counted exactly. For this quest, you will be given one of two tasks: either hand in 20 Food Basket items (these can be farmed on another character) or eliminate 50 Treasure Thief Moustrosity mobs. A Tasteful Favor rewards waaay more exp than the Land of Innocence turn ins. There is also another reason to do this quest: Delicious Gold Piece item. This item can be used to achieve an effect similar to Rune of Might in regular training fields. For a beginner, this is HUGE. It means you can get about 3-4 minutes of actual mobbing per day. I strongly recommend saving exp coupons/getting MVP buff from other players and using them with the Delicious Gold Piece to maximize mobbing potential.

h
    edited April 2019
    I noticed it hasn't been noted so I thought I'd mention this. This is the method I've been using to level my beginner.

As soon as you have access to Afterlands, go there. The main questline gives great exp, but the reason Afterlands is particularly great is for the repeatable quests in Land of Innocence and Land of Riches. These quests are Dry Your Eyes, Distracted From Anger, and A Tasteful Favor.

Dry Your Eyes and Distracted From Anger are turn in quests in the Land of Innocence (10 Frozen Treat items/10 Child's Toy items, respectively). They can each be completed 5 times per 24 hour period (I am not totally sure if its 24 hrs, this needs confirmation. could be 12-16 hours honestly I am not sure). Each turn in rewards ~4.65% exp, for a total of around 40% exp per day! The real reason these quests are good is because the items can be farmed on another character and traded over via storage, so you can get free 40% exp for your beginner per day by doing nothing.

A Tasteful Favor is another repeatable quest in the Land of Riches. Not sure how many times you can do this one before you have to wait, I have not counted exactly. For this quest, you will be given one of two tasks: either hand in 20 Food Basket items (these can be farmed on another character) or eliminate 50 Treasure Thief Moustrosity mobs. A Tasteful Favor rewards waaay more exp than the Land of Innocence turn ins. There is also another reason to do this quest: Delicious Gold Piece item. This item can be used to achieve an effect similar to Rune of Might in regular training fields. For a beginner, this is HUGE. It means you can get about 3-4 minutes of actual mobbing per day. I strongly recommend saving exp coupons/getting MVP buff from other players and using them with the Delicious Gold Piece to maximize mobbing potential.

h

Thank you for your insightful discovery! I will try to fit it in as best I can. :)

UPDATE! I had to send the Mounts over to my Common Equips guide due to having an excess of 716 characters. The guides are up to date as of now.
  • sunnysunnysunnysunny
    edited July 2019
    The information you have posted is very useful. The sites you have referred was good. Thanks for sharing
    edited July 2020
    sunnysunny wrote: »
    The information you have posted is very useful. The sites you have referred was good. Thanks for sharing

Thank you for checking out my guide! :)
  • JezJez
    Reactions: 1,600
    edited July 2020
    can you still make a perm beginner out of pathfinder? i have seen people with bow wielding beginners but when i tried to make one i couldnt figure out how to leave the starting area without taking the job advancement
    did they change it quickly after release?
    sad if i missed out
    i wanted a beginner with a toy machine gun anvil :(

i do have a 202 beginner though :)