[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Stellar Detectives - Ascension Modules

NiceBuffsNiceBuffs
Reactions: 200
edited April 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
To those of you who may not be aware, Stellar Detectives is one of Maplestory's content that was introduced back in summer of 2016. In Stellar Detectives, you can obtain many prizes by completing achievements, such as damage skins, magnificent tutu and nene souls, and Ascension Modules.

Out of these prizes, "Ascension Modules" are used to upgrade Rawr, Krr, Pew Pew, and Ribbit rings that are obtained through Grades S, A, or B Hyperspace Box. It is also important to note that "Ascension Modules" are only obtainable through completing the achievements, which you can only complete and redeem ONE time.

The problem with me is, back when Stellar Detectives content was first released 2 years ago, I did not know what these "Ascension Modules" were, so I ended up tossing them away. Little did I know that they cannot be redeemed or obtained again. Now that I decide to check the content out again 2 years later, I discovered few days ago that I made a terrible mistake.

To summarize, the point that I'm trying to make or suggest is: Either allow players to purchase Ascension Modules from random NPC shops that can be found inside the Hyperspace cube OR reset the achievement entirely.

Random NPCs can be accessed time to time inside the Hyperspace cube (NPC names are PULSAR Informant Bamba, Space Cop Merona, and Space Detective Omega), where you can trade your monster drops inside Hypercube space for other rewards. I don't know why "Ascension Modules" aren't included in these NPC shops anyways. I feel as if they are added, more players would enjoy Stellar Detectives even more.

It's also been 2 years since Stellar Detectives content was released. I think it's time to update and allow players to buy Ascension Modules from NPC shops.

P.S. I do not know how to include image into the post, so attached to this post is a terrible screenshot
https://puu.sh/A2Osd/93080fa0dc.jpg

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited April 2018
    to display images, upload it to a server like Imgur and just type in
    [.img] image url here [./img] (remove the dot)

or use the image button right above the text box

93080fa0dc.jpg

I agree, the modules should be put in the shop but the rings are pretty meh anyway even fully upgraded
  • SchweppesssSchweppesss
    edited April 2018
    I was wondering the same thing, why ascension modules were not obtainable other than completing acheivements.
    The stats doesn't bother me that much, it's nice to have for f2p players.
    I was trying to collect all 4 rings, but I also noticed I couldn't upgrade the remaining three rings fully.
  • MoolaheMoolahe
    Reactions: 300
    edited April 2018
    Yes, this would be nice. I have not really done stellar detectives, but I don't see why nexon can't add the modules in npc shops in the first place. Don't think it's a big deal tbh.
  • BadBuffsBadBuffs
    Reactions: 100
    Yes add this to the random npc shops please! Isn't stellar detectives GMS exclusive content? I don't think it'd be too difficult to add them.

P.S. I'm giving extra support for my bf f3
  • PangusPangus
    Reactions: 900
    edited April 2018
    I think I ended up tossing modules back when I first got them, because I didn't know what they were.
    Now I find out what they are used for, but like you said, there's no other way to obtain them other than completing achievements :(
    Nexon, add ascension modules to npc shop or something please!!
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited April 2018
    BadBuffs wrote: »
    Yes add this to the random npc shops please! Isn't stellar detectives GMS exclusive content? I don't think it'd be too difficult to add them.

it's not GMS exclusive, but it is non-kms content.
  • NiceBuffsNiceBuffs
    edited April 2018
    Catooolooo wrote: »

Ah, I did not realize this. What other ms versions has stellar detectives?
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited April 2018
    NiceBuffs wrote: »
    Catooolooo wrote: »

Ah, I did not realize this. What other ms versions has stellar detectives?

CMS, TMS, and JMS.

don't think MSEA has it.
  • NiceBuffsNiceBuffs
    edited May 2018
    I see. I wonder if Nexon takes feedback into consideration ;-;
    I know they "claim" they do, and I sometimes see cash shop requests implemented.
    I feel like most of the other game-related feedback goes unnoticed, unless hundreds of users complain about it (such as kishing nerf and haku buff for kanna).
    I guess they have other "priorities" to attend to f3
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited May 2018
    NiceBuffs wrote: »
    I see. I wonder if Nexon takes feedback into consideration ;-;
    I know they "claim" they do, and I sometimes see cash shop requests implemented.
    I feel like most of the other game-related feedback goes unnoticed, unless hundreds of users complain about it (such as kishing nerf and haku buff for kanna).
    I guess they have other "priorities" to attend to f3

actually, GMS had damage skin colletion at least a year before KMS had one, due to player request, and ours had (and still has) more damage skin slots and we dont have to buy unlocking slots to get more slots if the cap is increased, where as, KMS started with I think 20 slots and only has up to 25 at the moment, and for you to unlock the additional 5 slots you have to buy them (meso or event only iirc), whereas ours started with 30 and now we have 35 and we dont need to pay anything for the expanded slots.

also our salon system is way better than KMS's manikin system, because for one we can store way more hairs (they can only store 3 iirc) and we start off with 3 free slots (they have to pay NX if they want their first slot) they also can't save faces with it, only hairs, this was also a big request.

another request was the turning pets and androids invisible. the thing is all of these took a long time before they were implemented.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2021
    No response from Nexon on this since 2018. Would be nice to get some feedback on this.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2022
    Still waiting for a response :-(