[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Would You Play a Revamped Maple with 3D Models?

MisoxShiruMisoxShiru
Reactions: 510
edited April 2018 in General Chat
Keeping all of the basic gameplay in-tact, would you play a new Maplestory re-built from the ground up with 3D Models?

Comments

• InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited April 2018
    Personally I really really love 2D graphics so much! It's super unique! The graphics are lovely just like they are. And the skeleton animation system is pretty amazing in terms of "updating" some of the graphic elements. The 3D aspect Is one of the reasons I really don't find Monster Life interesting, it doesn't feel like MapleStory! It's like a game in a game and looks super misplaced.

I really don't want them to change up MapleStory that drastically. I welcome MapleStory 2 though! I am so hyped for the Beta :D
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited April 2018
    NO i would not i only play 3d games in rts and fps. 2d high detail character models will always be my #1 love for rpg or mmorpg like games, which is why i am not too into ms 2, n64 3d graphics with a mine craft building-esque design is definetely not my cup of tea.
  • SuperJonicSuperJonic
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited April 2018
    I would play it.
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    Yes definitely. Especially if it is optimized with the a state-of-the-art engine so it is stable upon release =D
  • ZtohrmZtohrm
    Reactions: 300
    edited April 2018
    NO i would not i only play 3d games in rts and fps. 2d high detail character models will always be my #1 love for rpg or mmorpg like games, which is why i am not too into ms 2, n64 3d graphics with a mine craft building-esque design is definetely not my cup of tea

Someone has never seen or played Maplestory 2 lol.