[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Angelic Buster customisation options revamp

KlaraKlara
Reactions: 3,385
edited May 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I have recently noticed several restrictions after starting to dress my Angelic Buster. Please read through the following examples and comment to support your Angelic Buster mains/side characters/mules/friends.

Firstly, the skin colour chosen at character creation doesn't apply to the transformation and players who choose anything other than 'light' skin are forced to put up with having a light skinned dress-up form. I support having 2 different looks/skin colours (because aging and tans exist) but it would be nice if skin colour was applied to the dress-up transformation at character creation. Having two different skin colours later on would be up to the player's choice so I don't want that feature removed for others.
unknown.png

With two transformations, Angelic Buster is a rather expensive class to customise, especially if the player wants a completely different look for each transformation. So I would like to propose the option of customising 2 forms at the same time when using salon coupons. The Zero class has two different appearances and I'm able to change both with one coupon as shown below.
unknown.png
unknown.png

Also, I really wish for Angelic Busters to have the option of equipping a cash item on the current form or on both at the same time at the player's choice. At the moment I’m forced to buy two cottontail rabbit hairbands if I want it on both forms. Furthermore, there is only one cash weapon slot and set of rings to be shared between both forms so the ones on the normal form are forcibly applied to the dress-up form. This is pretty annoying if the themes are different.
unknown.png

However, Zero has a much better system: if a cash item is gender neutral I can equip it on both Alpha and Beta without needing to buy the same item for each of them.
unknown.png

Zero has an 'ok' option to equip an item on both zeroes and a 'cancel' option to only wear it on the current gender.
unknown.png

This is my Zero’s cash equip inventory. I only own one of each specific cash equip. If I wish for both Alpha and Beta to wear a ring, face accessory, hat, glove etc the game allows me to apply it on both. To completely remove a cash item from Zero it needs to unequipped from both cash equip inventories before it appears in my inventory.
unknown.png

However, on AB 'yes' means equipping on the original form and 'no' means on the transformation - that means some cash equips like hats cannot be shared.
unknown.png
  1. With her dual appearances, should Angelic Buster have more flexible customisation options like Zero?11 votes
    1. Yes
       100% (11 votes)
    2. No (specify why)
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    Regarding the skin color:
    The default dress-up mode is Eskalade's idea of a perfect waifu girl. Her eyes and hair don't match Tear's. I don't see why her skin should.

Regarding hair/face styles:
    Since both forms are female and share the salon, getting two random styles (which you could choose to use on either form) with every cosmetic coupon sounds a bit excessive. I would say that if you choose to apply the coupon to both forms, they should both get the same style (but in different colors if your transformed and untransformed have different colors).

Regarding cash items, I agree that it should behave similar to zero's.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited May 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    The default dress-up mode is Eskalade's idea of a perfect waifu girl. Her eyes and hair don't match Tear's. I don't see why her skin should.

Seems like Eskalade is a racist
    Celcia
  • KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited May 2018
    AKradian wrote: »

Regarding hair/face styles:
    Since both forms are female and share the salon, getting two random styles (which you could choose to use on either form) with every cosmetic coupon sounds a bit excessive. I would say that if you choose to apply the coupon to both forms, they should both get the same style (but in different colors if your transformed and untransformed have different colors).

Regarding cash items, I agree that it should behave similar to zero's.

I agree with AznboiE. The player shouldn't be forced to accept light skin as the default, perfect skin colour. Skin is something you're born with so it should be the same at least at the start of the gameplay. None of the other classes force a skin colour change onto the player after character creation; what is chosen at character creation stays until the player wants it changed. Hair and eyes change as a person ages or through contacts, hair dye and wigs. When Angelic Buster dresses up she could have those things already planned out for her so she's not changing her original self.

If the player wants to have for example, a summer/winter themed look between the two forms they can utilise the different skin colours later on at their choice, but please, not at the start. I'm also quite upset that Jett and Mercedes are locked into one skin option.

AB's dress up form can be a completely different persona than the normal one so it's like the player is dressing two different characters. Her forms can be used to represent a female and male in a sort of zero-tag-team concept where only one form does the fighting while the other just stands around looking pretty. Two different girls or even a parent + child can be combined into the one character as well so there are many reasons players should get two styles at once. When planning my Zero's appearance I went through the struggle of whether I should keep both genders or just make them both girls with april fool's coupons. Creativity is endless so we should get more support to make it happen. If using royal/VIP/reg coupons to obtain two different styles is still excessive, why not just limit it to colours then?
  • RenniRenni
    Reactions: 3,085
    edited May 2018
    For the first point, I have mixed feelings. As AKradian mentioned, the transformation is the default Angelic Buster look: pink hair, blue eyes, light skin. It is meant to be different. If the skin is to match with the one chosen during character creation, why not also hair color or eye color? When I created my character, I wasn't interested in having black hair or green eyes for the transformation. Skin color can be easily changed for free through beauty coupon events. Changing hair and eye color has to be done through cash shop purchase. At the same time, it also makes sense for the skin color to be the same for both forms, while hair can be dyed, and contacts can be applied. I have never seen a magical girl have her skin color changed in her transformation, so...

For the second point, I don't think it is necessary for Angelic Busters to have both forms changed at once for salon coupons. The reason Zero customizes both is because they are different genders. Angelic Buster is just one person, and the hair obtained on one form can be saved and used on the other form. Customizing both forms at once with 1 salon coupon for Angelic Buster would be an unfair advantage.

For the third point, I definitely do agree that Angelic Buster cash equipment system should be revamped similar to Zero, since it makes more sense for Angelic Busters to equip 1 item onto both forms than for Alpha & Beta to share 1 item when they are two people. I also agree on equipping different weapons, as well as allowing Angelic Busters to equip face accessories.