[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Afterlands] Yellow Mage Crash

ShiraBliss_realShiraBliss_real
Reactions: 730
edited May 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Un-ending freeze, force-close required. (Crash)

Brief bug summary: After defeating the Yellow Mage in the Afterlands, in the Land of Contemplation, the brief interactive scene freezes about 1-3 seconds in and refuses to load further. Attempted multiple times with the same result. Unsure if this is related to the latest patch, event, or something else, as my last Afterlands clear was over two months ago on another character.

Steps to reproduce: In the Land of Contemplation, sit on the bench and then click on it. After the dialogue, click 'Accept' to get to the dream stage. Defeat the Yellow Mage, and wait for the 'CLEAR' to fade to black. 1-3 seconds afterwards, the game freezes and crashes.

Character name: ThePonkBeen

Character level: 84

Character job: Pink Bean

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 7:22pm, 7:35pm, and 7:43pm during the exact same segment (multiple attempts). EST.

Comments

• SirBrownBearSirBrownBear
    Reactions: 210
    edited May 2018
    Every time I try to fight the yellow mage and beat him, the game freezes, has anyone else experienced this issue?
  • TheSleepyAsianTheSleepyAsian
    Reactions: 100
    edited May 2018
    After beating the Yellow Mage in the Afterlands quest, goes into cutscene then freezes/crashes the game. I tried to restart the game, tried the lowest setting... nothing works keeps crashing. Any fix?
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited May 2018
    Most cutscene problems (in addition to this entire list of bugs here http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/151/memory-dll-corruption/p1) is caused by your computer being on for more than 24 days without doing a full shutdown (to see how long your computer has been on for, task manager > performance > up time) (bug is caused by Maplestory taking the up time (unsigned 32-bits) as a signed 32-bit number which causes it to become negative which causes many problems)

To do a full shutdown, follow this instruction https://www.howtogeek.com/129021/how-to-do-a-full-shutdown-in-windows-8-without-disabling-hybrid-boot/
    (only a full shutdown will reset the up time, normal restart and normal shutdown will not reset the day count due to window 8/10 hybrid boot saving the up time and allowing the bugs to persist).

To turn off hybrid boot permanently so normal restart and normal shutdown can reset the up time, control panel > power option > choose what the power button do > turn off hybrid boot (fast start up).
  • evo8kalevo8kal
    o
    Rexaar wrote: »
    Most cutscene problems (in addition to this entire list of bugs here http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/151/memory-dll-corruption/p1) is caused by your computer being on for more than 24 days without doing a full shutdown (to see how long your computer has been on for, task manager > performance > up time) (bug is caused by Maplestory taking the up time (unsigned 32-bits) as a signed 32-bit number which causes it to become negative which causes many problems)

To do a full shutdown, follow this instruction https://www.howtogeek.com/129021/how-to-do-a-full-shutdown-in-windows-8-without-disabling-hybrid-boot/
    (only a full shutdown will reset the up time, normal restart and normal shutdown will not reset the day count due to window 8/10 hybrid boot saving the up time and allowing the bugs to persist).

To turn off hybrid boot permanently so normal restart and normal shutdown can reset the up time, control panel > power option > choose what the power button do > turn off hybrid boot (fast start up).

My computer has been on for 14 hours and I'm getting the same problem. Crashes every time no mater what. Your answer makes no sense whatsoever.
  • xCyziwxCyziw
    Full shutdown does not fix this problem for me. Any other ideas?
  • IzumaiyaIzumaiya
    Reactions: 405
    Im guessing this problem is probably spaghetti code from this last patch. I did this same quest 4 days ago and it went fine. Patch yesterday and now constant crashes after the Yellow mage fight
  • IzumaiyaIzumaiya
    edited May 2018
    Every time I try to fight the yellow mage and beat him, the game freezes, has anyone else experienced this issue?

Yea, me and a few others I have seen have experienced this. Kinda sucks because no one knows why. Cant get those totems until theres a fix
  • IzumaiyaIzumaiya
    edited May 2018
    After the patch yesterday, it seems that the game crashes after the Yellow mage fight. I did this same fight 4 days ago just fine. Any clue as to a fix or workaround?
  • ChibiKevChibiKev
    Reactions: 200
    edited May 2018
    Bug type: Game Crash, Client Freezes.

Brief bug summary:
    When doing the MapleStory theme dungeon, Afterlands, there's a crash that happens when killing the Yellow Mage.
    More details:
    Tried using another computer with MapleStory installed to get through this stage. The result was the same.

Steps to reproduce:
    The steps I took when the crash happened,
    First, I was at the Land of Contemplation (Where the no color people are).
    I walked to the right to where there's a statue with a bench there.
    I clicked it and there would be cut scenes and stuff. Everything still works at this point.
    The Yellow Mage came out, I fought it and killed it.
    After it died, it brought me to what would appear to be another cutscene. This is when it freezes. Can't do anything about it. Maplestory stops responding and the game crashes. The end.

Character name: SoulUser

Character level: 177

Character job: Kanna

World name: Khaini

Date and time of the incident: 5/10/2018 9:32 PM EST

(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    Thank you all for reporting this. It has been forwarded.
    IzumaiyaAnnelisha
  • RocketKevinRocketKevin
    edited May 2018
    I have never occur this problem until the recent update. All of my friend who played this theme dungeon tells me the same story. The cut scene crash isn't only focus on one character, but many different ones. There is a way to skip the entire Afterland theme dungeon and get the rewards. However, it is not recommended since it could generate more bugs...... ( Disclaimer: I do not have the information on skipping Afterland theme dungeon)
  • PhantomThiefPhantomThief
    Can someone help me stop crashing, it seems like maplestory didnt fix the problem, how will i get out of afterlands?
  • RhiasityRhiasity
    edited May 2018
    It'd be nice to get this problem fixed before the Pink Bean event ends, considering my Pink Bean is level 114 so I'm just wasting time waiting for a patch to this bug.
  • ChibiwongChibiwong
    Also experiencing this bug. Tried rebooting PC, even a full reinstall of the game. No change.

Always as soon as Yellow Mage is killed and going to cutscene, game will freeze.

Is there a ETA on when this will be fixed? My toon is stuck in Afterlands until it gets fixed then.... :(
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    +1 on this. Just when I finally decided to do this content it's bugged again.
  • AnnelishaAnnelisha
    Reactions: 800
    edited May 2018
    I had this problem too... It's the last key to the Afterlands that I need, and I want my totems :<
  • iLuLuceroiLuLucero
    Bug type: Un-ending freeze, force-close required. (Crash)

Brief bug summary: After defeating the Yellow Mage in the Afterlands, in the Land of Contemplation, the brief interactive scene freezes about 1-3 seconds in and refuses to load further. Attempted multiple times with the same result. Unsure if this is related to the latest patch, event, or something else, as my last Afterlands clear was over two months ago on another character.

Steps to reproduce: In the Land of Contemplation, sit on the bench and then click on it. After the dialogue, click 'Accept' to get to the dream stage. Defeat the Yellow Mage, and wait for the 'CLEAR' to fade to black. 1-3 seconds afterwards, the game freezes and crashes.

Character name: iLuLucero

Character level: 93

Character job: HAYATO

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 7:05pm, 8:20pm, and 8:35pm
  • YoruNoYumeYoruNoYume
    May 16, 2018...past 08:00 AM... the cutscene freezing is still not fixed making it impossible to finish this and open the gate.
  • GentlenamGentlenam
    Will the Admins post here if an update fixes this issue?
  • nihirinihiri
    Reactions: 850
    edited May 2018
    i have a problem like that too on my lvl 84 blaster (joycongirlz) in scania. i do not want to fight the yellow mage until they notify use that they fixed it.