[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maplestory Fest Favorite Moment!

DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
Reactions: 7,195
edited April 2018 in General Chat
Maplestory Fest was an amazing event. I also cannot believe Maplestory is 13 years old now (Maplestory is now a teenager!) For those attending and watching along on Twitch, I hope you guys want so share with us what your favorite activity, event or announcement was.

You probably can't see me, but I am still smiling and shaken from the excitement. My throat is very sore from wooing at the top of lungs.

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited April 2018
    did you get to go?
    The highlights for me were Flames, New Unique content and MS2 honestly
  • MacAndMapleMacAndMaple
    Reactions: 400
    I personally enjoyed the dance battle at the end. That twist of the two b-boys and the fact that Pink Bean's only expression was to flap its tiny arms was hilarious.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited April 2018
    I really liked the "Think you have sharp eyes?" archery contest. You were given a nerf brand bow (or a fan made wooden one) and had to shoot down monster printed placards.

Took me 5 shots to take down 3 targets; not bad for a visually impaired mage.
    MewBlueberry
  • MewBlueberryMewBlueberry
    Reactions: 1,530
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    I had a lot of fun chatting and doing activities with other fans! I'm normally pretty shy in real life, so it was a blast meeting new people and immediately having something in common. I also thought it was really interesting when the developers mentioned that they have a "mood" that they aim for when they design new characters, draw several different designs based on that mood (and then pick the most fitting one), then come up with how they move/attack afterwards.
  • RekkazanRekkazan
    Reactions: 320
    I personally enjoyed the dance battle at the end. That twist of the two b-boys and the fact that Pink Bean's only expression was to flap its tiny arms was hilarious.

The dance battle was the best part of the whole thing it was just so unexpected LOL

Though NGL my personal favorite was Dying in the Merch Line while waiting to FINALLY GET THAT PHANTOM FIGURE.

Anyone else gonna do a review on the ones they got? I only got Phantom & Luminous myself and the Luminous is a gift for a friend who trained with me to 200 on their Luminous back when we were super active.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited April 2018
    I was in the Dance contest...-hides my super red face- Man I felt so freakin embarassed afterwards but I am glad I did it.
    AKradianscholar624
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited May 2018
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    I was in the Dance contest...-hides my super red face- Man I felt so freakin embarassed afterwards but I am glad I did it.

When I rewatch the dance competition on Twitch, I cry everytime because it was the last event and it was like watching the end of Toy Story 3 when Andy and Buzz watch drive away. It could also be the nostalgic remix of the login music that made me cry.

My favorite moment was actually being there. I didn't get selected from the waves or from the Facebook/Twitter contest. I was suppose to meet a guy Petalmagic met on Twitch. I was basically a +1 for a guy out of town I didn't know, but I took the chance to fly from NY to Las Vegas and a bus to LA. It actually worked and I still had both kidneys!

When I entered the lobby of the venue, I was happy to say I had made it to the event. I got a few pictures of the many cute cosplayers, magnificent artwork from the talented Maplers as well as a picture with the cute mascot, Pink Bean ^o^. I also met with PetalMagic, the one who made it possible and we had a great time at the event hearing announcements and having fun times at the booths. The merch store allowed me to take home some goodies from my first plane trip and from my favorite PC game. I got a Eunwol and Phantom figurine for myself, and a Mercedes figurine for my sister who couldn't come to LA with me. At the end of the event, me and Petalmagic got commemorative photos and we each got pictures with our cool CM, Arwoo :D. It was the best trip I had!
    Petalmagic
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2018
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Petalmagic wrote: »

When I rewatch the dance competition on Twitch, I cry everytime because it was the last event and it was like watching the end of Toy Story 3 when Andy and Buzz watch drive away. It could also be the nostalgic remix of the login music that made me cry.

My favorite moment was actually being there. I didn't get selected from the waves or from the Facebook/Twitter contest. I was suppose to meet a guy Petalmagic met on Twitch. I was basically a +1 for a guy out of town I didn't know, but I took the chance to fly from NY to Las Vegas and a bus to LA. It actually worked and I still had both kidneys!

When I entered the lob of the venue, I was happy to say I had made it to the event. I got a few pictures of the many cute cosplayers, magnificent artwork from the talented Maplers as well as a picture with the cute mascot, Pink Bean ^o^. I also met with PetalMagic, the one who made it possible and we had a great time at the even hearing announcements and having fun times at the booths. The merch store allowed me to take home some goodies from my first plane trip and from my favorite PC game. I got a Eunwol and Phantom figurine for myself, and a Mercedes figurine for my sister who couldn't come to LA with me. At the end of the event, me and Petalmagic got commemorative photos and we each got pictures with our cool CM, Arwoo :D. It was the best trip I had!

You give me waaaay too much credit Dax >3<"
    Daxterbeer
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited May 2018
    glad you guys got to meet up and have fun