[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

We all want a merge

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited May 2018
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    We don't all want a merge.

No, do not say "all", that's totally wrong and I'll explain myself.

When Storm has said "we all want a merge", of course he doesn't mean that every single player want it, but what he mean is "all" means, "most", (around 90% of players) want a merge! yes, 90%! (probably more than that)

And what you said is wrong because you said "all" but what do you mean by "all"? who doesn't want merge??? it's maybe, just maybe, 5% of maplestory... (probably less than that).

and it's funny to see that AKradian has "liked" your post, for some reason she always seem to be against the legit players (like me and the rest of us), it's like she's being the lawyer of Nexon, which is really absurd, and I hope she won't give me a "warning" or delete my post and act as if i "attacked", so let me tell you this, no I did not attack you and I'm not saying that to hurt you or anyone else but I'm just saying what is on my mind and trying to be as honest as possible and showing everyone the reality of MapleStory 2018.....
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    Maybe in early 2019...

More like in early 2029....
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    XiangTu wrote: »
    Been saying this for months now too.. I've sent in tickets, live chatted with GMs, and made a number of threads about it on the forums. Windias way too dead as well, I only see the same people everyday.. i know i'l still play but i've seriously cut down how much i've been playing (im even getting the 2x exp buffs for not logging in for so many days at once lol) it is what it is. idk why they haven't reacted to the general consensus of how necessary a merge is. maybe because the bulk of gms players are in bera, and thus don't need a merge, making this issue not as well known since the only affected players are in the small populated servers. still though, they are screwing up big time with this lack of initiative. But there are plenty of other games with more stable populations. :)

it's a known issue, it was brought up in the QnA session in november.

The question is, not when it brought up but when they will actually take action and just do it !
    Been saying this for months now too.. I've sent in tickets, live chatted with GMs, and made a number of threads about it on the forums. Windias way too dead as well, I only see the same people everyday.. i know i'l still play but i've seriously cut down how much i've been playing (im even getting the 2x exp buffs for not logging in for so many days at once lol) it is what it is. idk why they haven't reacted to the general consensus of how necessary a merge is. maybe because the bulk of gms players are in bera, and thus don't need a merge, making this issue not as well known since the only affected players are in the small populated servers. still though, they are screwing up big time with this lack of initiative. But there are plenty of other games with more stable populations. :)

Oh, believe me brother, you are not the only one, many many people (including me) has been screaming about this problem.....
    And what did you say? "months"? I've been screaming for 2+ years now.... (recently, I gave up though...)

I'm playing in Scania right now, and let me tell you this, it's a 100% ghost town, I can barely find maybe just a few 24/7 afkers who never ever move nor talk.

I feel so lonely in Scania, so everytime I log on, I'm just walking around, looking for more people to chat and hang out with but.... the result is usually the same as everyday.... I log on, walk around for like 10min or so, finding nobody, log back off.....

I don't know about you but I stopped trying to talk with Nexon about it, let's just face it, nothing really will ever change.... :(

Basically the best solution is to merge all worlds into Bera (so we'd have 2 worlds, Bera and Reboot, some people (just a few people actually) would probably disagree with me but that's only the ones who can't see the reality as clear as us.

The reality is that you can barely sell your stuff in Scania (and my friends in Bera told me that it's getting very very hard to sell their stuff in Bera as well)
    We all have to spam our need for the world merge...
    I am a scania player and I just dont know what to do now...
    It used to be full of life and community but now it's just dead.
    What happened to all scania players and please, nexon, merge the game into much less worlds as high amount of worlds was never been necessary!

Listen to me brother, do not give up (sadly I already did... :(
    We must fight for our rights and MERGE all the worlds into Bera (so we'd have 2 worlds, Bera and Reboot)

I'm in Scania and it's 100% dead.

I dont agree with merging all reg server into bera, I think we need 3 reg servers total though, bera, merged server, low pop server.

to appeal to those that like low population servers (there are people that constantly scream this whenever an Idea of merging all servers come up) and it would, at most , even out the current playerbase of reg servers across 3 servers while avoiding the big problems that reboot has with only having 1 server
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2018

When Storm has said "we all want a merge", of course he doesn't mean that every single player want it, but what he mean is "all" means, "most", (around 90% of players) want a merge! yes, 90%! (probably more than that)

And what you said is wrong because you said "all" but what do you mean by "all"? who doesn't want merge??? it's maybe, just maybe, 5% of maplestory... (probably less than that).

and it's funny to see that AKradian has "liked" your post, for some reason she always seem to be against the legit players (like me and the rest of us), it's like she's being the lawyer of Nexon, which is really absurd, and I hope she won't give me a "warning" or delete my post and act as if i "attacked", so let me tell you this, no I did not attack you and I'm not saying that to hurt you or anyone else but I'm just saying what is on my mind and trying to be as honest as possible and showing everyone the reality of MapleStory 2018.....
    Maybe in early 2019...

The question is, not when it brought up but when they will actually take action and just do it !

Oh, believe me brother, you are not the only one, many many people (including me) has been screaming about this problem.....
    And what did you say? "months"? I've been screaming for 2+ years now.... (recently, I gave up though...)

I'm playing in Scania right now, and let me tell you this, it's a 100% ghost town, I can barely find maybe just a few 24/7 afkers who never ever move nor talk.

I feel so lonely in Scania, so everytime I log on, I'm just walking around, looking for more people to chat and hang out with but.... the result is usually the same as everyday.... I log on, walk around for like 10min or so, finding nobody, log back off.....

I don't know about you but I stopped trying to talk with Nexon about it, let's just face it, nothing really will ever change.... :(

Basically the best solution is to merge all worlds into Bera (so we'd have 2 worlds, Bera and Reboot, some people (just a few people actually) would probably disagree with me but that's only the ones who can't see the reality as clear as us.

The reality is that you can barely sell your stuff in Scania (and my friends in Bera told me that it's getting very very hard to sell their stuff in Bera as well)
    What happened to all scania players and please, nexon, merge the game into much less worlds as high amount of worlds was never been necessary!

We must fight for our rights and MERGE all the worlds into Bera (so we'd have 2 worlds, Bera and Reboot)

I dont agree with merging all reg server into bera, I think we need 3 reg servers total though, bera, merged server, low pop server.

to appeal to those that like low population servers (there are people that constantly scream this whenever an Idea of merging all servers come up) and it would, at most , even out the current playerbase of reg servers across 3 servers while avoiding the big problems that reboot has with only having 1 server

Three main worlds would be more probable, as the population may be more positively distributed amongst the three worlds, although, the players will have a choice which world to inhabit, so itll be the same as it is now.

• HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Reactions: 2,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    this is like an old topic that's been going on for a long time.

wish nexon would just make a post about this so whoever makes this topic can be linked to that post that explains why nexon america can/can't have a merge.

isn't this like the transparency we need from Nexon America.

but they do lack employee's so it seems hard, but i don't know much about world merges and all.
    saladsenpaii
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited May 2018

Maybe in early 2019...

Three main worlds would be more probable, as the population may be more positively distributed amongst the three worlds, although, the players will have a choice which world to inhabit, so itll be the same as it is now.

it wont exactly be the same as it is now, I know some portion of people want out of bera because they feel it's too populated for them and a portion of whatever people are still left in dead worlds that want to be in a more populated server, an some want to stay in the server they are currently in.

i'm willing to bet if they block out bera, in my proposed set up, if they did a world transfer event that didnt limit the transference of characters, then you would see a more even population across worlds.

it's something they should have done before the last transfer event tbh, and it was requested that they reduce the number of servers to about 3 or 4 before the last transfer event to more evenly distribute players so the overpopulation of a single server wouldn't happen.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    Perhaps we can organise a funeral for the dead servers
  • Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    Reactions: 1,215
    edited May 2018

Maybe in early 2019...

No, Gomenasai is totally right, all worlds should be merged into 1 (uninclude Reboot of course).

I'm also playing in Scania, and jesus christ, this is so dead in here that I literally lost my mind and I'm tired of being alone all the time....
    And I bet everyone else feels exactly as I do.... or at least almost everyone.... it's only a few crazy ones who doesn't want to do merge worlds....
    Just look at the game....
  • Cadena91Cadena91
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited May 2018
    they're supposedly monitoring world populations but the real players can plainly see how dead the worlds are

Nothing happens

Please someone, just merge all the worlds into one world (uninclude Reboot of course) already..... I'm tired of being alone T_T

Why Nexon never ever ever listen to us??? :(
    saladsenpaii
    edited May 2018

Maybe in early 2019...

No, Gomenasai is totally right, all worlds should be merged into 1 (uninclude Reboot of course).

I'm also playing in Scania, and jesus christ, this is so dead in here that I literally lost my mind and I'm tired of being alone all the time....
    And I bet everyone else feels exactly as I do.... or at least almost everyone.... it's only a few crazy ones who doesn't want to do merge worlds....

the merge isn't about the psychological aspect of loneliness vs the need to socialize. It's about stability of population and economics. 1 world would be way too crowded and everything will be worse in terms of prices, worse than before.
    CatoooloooLilyflower
  • LuxxLuxx
    Reactions: 1,795
    edited May 2018
    Reboot is still on and popping.
    but I prefer to grind and not socialize lol.

sad that scania is dead tho, I use to be in that and back then it was most popular.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    Perhaps you guys could take a moment to explain at a high level what you'd like to see for alliances/merges instead or at least in addition to opposing another person's idea.

I'd like to see merges (alliances are fine in place of a true merge). I don't think it would be a good idea to go all the way to combining scania through renegades but I imagine broni+bacon+grazed would be a good bet. We might even be able to include windia and still be on the smaller end of the scale.

I don't have nexon's population data so I can't say for sure if that would be too many or too few.

I would especially be interested in anyone from broni or grazed who thinks their small server is fine/shouldn't get any changes, and why.

I know that merging all servers in not popular, but I would be surprised if very many want to see NO merges at all which is why I would be interested in hearing from those with exactly that opinion in the smallest worlds.
    DarkJesture
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    there was a discussion today about world populations (allegedly) but arwoo either isn't allowed to share anything or didn't have anything interesting to share from it....
    Acgnolia
    Reactions: 735
    edited May 2018
    Yeah let's have a world merge and then listen to a bunch of people cry about how it's hard to find a place to train at.
    You were the same people who complained before Big Bang that it was ''Hard'' to level and how it took so long to level now people complain the game is boring nothing to do.

Don't put me on your list of people who want a world merge, people like you are the ones who ruined this game because you wanted this and that.
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited May 2018
    Some of the people I see on khaini are people who just came back to the game after a break, they ask me what happend and why the server is so dead, I explain, then they either go on another break and hope that when they come back there will be a world transfer event or uninstall most likely, lol
    saladsenpaii
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    edited May 2018
    2600 wrote: »
    Yeah let's have a world merge and then listen to a bunch of people cry about how it's hard to find a place to train at.

This is way more preferable, I would love for this situation to be common once again. And if a merge is too difficult, can they just not make character world transfer available for those who choose to opt in? And those who don't want to transfer can stay in their dead world. I am more than willing to even pay for a world transfer.
    DarkJesture
  • xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    Reactions: 1,860
    edited May 2018
    im in khroa and i refuse it to merge with certain worlds in my opinion but I'm okay with merging with others but just not with certain ones. i do NOT want to spend hrs finding a map to train on my own. and even if I'm given the opportunity to transfer out, i won't do it.
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited May 2018

Maybe in early 2019...

the merge isn't about the psychological aspect of loneliness vs the need to socialize. It's about stability of population and economics. 1 world would be way too crowded and everything will be worse in terms of prices, worse than before.

Wrong again.

The merge isn't about "psychological" and some illusion as you're trying to picture, but about the reality of where people can actually talk to each and make conversations, so yes it is for the need to socialize, becuase I'm dead tired of being 100% alone here in Scania.

"Economy get worse"? what in the world are you talking about? do you even hear yourself? the more people we have in 1 world, the more prices will drop, economy will get so much better (especially if Nexon will decide to deal with hackers seriously), look at KMS, 1b is like 70$, while here it's barely 1$ per 1bil.....

And yet you're talking about "yeah just merge into 3 worlds"?

I will not visit the site for the next days so please do not reply me nor quote me at all (even if you will do that I will not read it, believe me)

and YES! We ALL want Merge Worlds! merge Every single world into Bera! Make it Big, Make the Economy BIG! and Great again!
    Let's make MapleStory Great Again!

Have a good one.
    AlantinoAcgnoliasaladsenpaii
  • AlantinoAlantino
    Reactions: 990
    edited May 2018
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    nope, would be nice for some real world merges though, and no more world alliances

The world merge idea may lead to character deletions since you are turning multiple worlds into 1 world. I made some characters in the other worlds in GRAZED for storage and when I want to replay a certain class, those classes would be deleted. It was fun to use other worlds within the same alliance to bypass the 5 cubes per month from RP limit.

dude, KMS has merged 15 worlds into 1 world, 7 worlds into 1 and so on, which is how they got down to 10 servers, and when EMS was added to GMS they merged their 2 worlds, and in both cases, there were no character deletions. it's an irrational fear. the most that will happen is that you would be prevented from making new characters if your overall character count was 43 or above.

KMS use to have about 30+ worlds to choose from, now they have 10 or 11, and that's because they added 2 rather recently (only talking about normal worlds)

if you need a refresher Read These posts that talk about 10+ servers being merged into 1, and those were only the ones I could find after remembering key words to find them, but there were several others.

how do you think they went from This (+ 11 more because this just shows post merge of 12 servers to 1) to This (It's from the V update so doesn't have the Arcane server added ) 5 of the servers on the list (Union, Elysium, Enosis, Aurora, and Luna) came from being massive merges of many (10+) dead servers. I had characters in an allianced server in KMS that eventually got merged with the other 3 servers in it's alliance + some others in KMS (the Culverin server alliance) and none of them got deleted.

No wonder KMS is 1 of the most popular games in South Korea, because they LISTEN to their people, unlike.....

We must LEARN from KMS and Merge Worlds as fast as possible, before it'd be WAY too late, because believe me, it's already too late.... but not WAY too late so...
    UserRedsaladsenpaii
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    edited May 2018
    Alantino wrote: »
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    nope, would be nice for some real world merges though, and no more world alliances

The world merge idea may lead to character deletions since you are turning multiple worlds into 1 world. I made some characters in the other worlds in GRAZED for storage and when I want to replay a certain class, those classes would be deleted. It was fun to use other worlds within the same alliance to bypass the 5 cubes per month from RP limit.

dude, KMS has merged 15 worlds into 1 world, 7 worlds into 1 and so on, which is how they got down to 10 servers, and when EMS was added to GMS they merged their 2 worlds, and in both cases, there were no character deletions. it's an irrational fear. the most that will happen is that you would be prevented from making new characters if your overall character count was 43 or above.

KMS use to have about 30+ worlds to choose from, now they have 10 or 11, and that's because they added 2 rather recently (only talking about normal worlds)

if you need a refresher Read These posts that talk about 10+ servers being merged into 1, and those were only the ones I could find after remembering key words to find them, but there were several others.

how do you think they went from This (+ 11 more because this just shows post merge of 12 servers to 1) to This (It's from the V update so doesn't have the Arcane server added ) 5 of the servers on the list (Union, Elysium, Enosis, Aurora, and Luna) came from being massive merges of many (10+) dead servers. I had characters in an allianced server in KMS that eventually got merged with the other 3 servers in it's alliance + some others in KMS (the Culverin server alliance) and none of them got deleted.

No wonder KMS is 1 of the most popular games in South Korea, because they LISTEN to their people, unlike.....

We must LEARN from KMS and Merge Worlds as fast as possible, before it'd be WAY too late, because believe me, it's already too late.... but not WAY too late so...

Honestly im willing to buy a nx to transfer now, this should be an available option
    edited May 2018
    NicholasB wrote: »

Maybe in early 2019...

Wrong again.

The merge isn't about "psychological" and some illusion as you're trying to picture, but about the reality of where people can actually talk to each and make conversations, so yes it is for the need to socialize, becuase I'm dead tired of being 100% alone here in Scania.

"Economy get worse"? what in the world are you talking about? do you even hear yourself? the more people we have in 1 world, the more prices will drop, economy will get so much better (especially if Nexon will decide to deal with hackers seriously), look at KMS, 1b is like 70$, while here it's barely 1$ per 1bil.....

And yet you're talking about "yeah just merge into 3 worlds"?

I will not visit the site for the next days so please do not reply me nor quote me at all (even if you will do that I will not read it, believe me)

and YES! We ALL want Merge Worlds! merge Every single world into Bera! Make it Big, Make the Economy BIG! and Great again!

Have a good one.
    No. Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs dictates socializing and belonging is a basic need, so you are agreeing that it is a psychological thing, the world merge. It's a bit hypocritical saying I'm wrong in pointing out that the world merge for people is a psychological need to socialize, but then say it is about socializing. An overpopulated server doesn't function, and under populated servers don't function. There has to be a balance. We can use Bera as an example from the recent world transfer, the result was overpopulation, with a large portion being botters/hackers. So, am I wrong that it is about socializing or not?
    And yes, economics is a big part of server population.

You can't compare KMS with GMS, consumer behavior and spending trends is different than GMS players. Besides that, the factor in ratios is the amount of illicit sales of mesos, there's virtually none over seas.
    LilyflowerCatooolooo
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited May 2018
    NicholasB wrote: »

Have a good one.
    we do not all want all worlds merged into 1 world, that is a terrible idea and doomed to make people hate the hassle of finding traning spots, having 3 worlds gives people the ability to have space and go somewhere else if they don't like the popularity of a server while concentrating the population of reg server players.

all the people saying "Everyone wants to merge into 1" or that it's the "best idea" are not thinking about anyone but them selves and not the community.

you want an overcrowded server, then be my guest to hop over to bera next transfer event if bera is open, but not everyone wants that. I like a busy server my self but it's stupid to say that just because I want it everybody must want what I want. and merging into 1 world is the worst way to handle this, you do not fix one extreme by then swinging in the extreme opposite direction.

Reboot is experiencing a rather extreme opposite of what some reg server players are experiencing and want a second reboot to spread out the players because they feel they have the issue of having too many players in 1 server and feel overcrowded.

You can't compare KMS with GMS, consumer behavior and spending trends is different than GMS players. Besides that, the factor in ratios is the amount of illicit sales of mesos, there's virtually none over seas.
    while that's true, it's pretty much non-existant in KMS because of the ability to trade/ sell CS items (cubes, clothes..etc) on top of the meso market, making it a pretty moot point to try to illicitly sell NX when you can already do it legally in game.

even in other servers like Msea, they can trade some CS items via ASOK like EMS did pre-merge.
This discussion has been closed.