[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

More free hair & eye options.

YoongiYoongi
Reactions: 1,735
edited May 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I think it would be really great if there were more options for free hair and eyes for people unable to purchase NX.
I know that nexon needs to make money, but I feel like the options for free users are so limited, and frankly, many of the options for eyes and hair are, well, ugly.
Some classes don't even have ANY options to pick between eyes or hair.
Even if it's basic hair and eye options or using older hairstyles, it would be nice to have more options.

Most of the in-game equips are ugly (which is why people buy nx to cover them up, obviously) so it would be nice if we could at least have nicer hair and eyes.
Lyeden

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    Maplehood Watch and Special Beauty Coupon give pretty good free hair & eye options. Maplehood Watch also gives free cash equipment covers.
    In non-Reboot worlds, you can buy Maple Points in the Meso Market, and use those to buy any cosmetics you want in the Cash Shop.

As you said, Nexon needs to make money to keep the game running. We get very angry when they sell power ("pay to win"). We should not try to stop them selling beauty as well. In my opinion.
  • YoongiYoongi
    edited May 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Maplehood Watch and Special Beauty Coupon give pretty good free hair & eye options. Maplehood Watch also gives free cash equipment covers.
    In non-Reboot worlds, you can buy Maple Points in the Meso Market, and use those to buy any cosmetics you want in the Cash Shop.

As you said, Nexon needs to make money to keep the game running. We get very angry when they sell power ("pay to win"). We should not try to stop them selling beauty as well. In my opinion.

Maple points are only good if you have NX to buy things with in the first place, though.
    I've not seen Maplehood Watch but I'll have to look for it.

I have no problem with them selling some cosmetic items. But 99.5% of everything nice is for NX and that's a huge bummer. I have some characters I never play anymore simply because I am not rolling in cash to throw at nexon so they're all so ugly it's embarrassing. That's kind of the point I'm trying to make. If your free options are so ugly that they seem unplayable, there's a bit of an issue. I've also seen users on smegas mocking in-game equips and making fun of people who have to wear them.
    Maple touts itself as 'free to play' but it's really not.
    Lyeden
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    Yoongi wrote: »
    Maple points are only good if you have NX to buy things with in the first place, though.

Maple Points aren't the same as Maple Reward Points. Maple Points can be used almost exactly like NX can be used, the biggest exception being the things you can only use NX Prepaid for.
  • YoongiYoongi
    edited May 2018
    Occire wrote: »

Maple Points aren't the same as Maple Reward Points. Maple Points can be used almost exactly like NX can be used, the biggest exception being the things you can only use NX Prepaid for.

What's the difference then? (I must be missing something)
    How do you get Maple Points vs Maple Reward Points?
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018

What's the difference then? (I must be missing something)
    How do you get Maple Points vs Maple Reward Points?

The difference is that Maple Points are basically NX, while Maple Reward Points can only be used to discount items (or buy things in the Reward Points Shop). Maple Points come from events (but events like these are rare), you can buy them with Mesos via Meso Market as AKradian said, and you can change NX into Maple Points by buying Maple Point coupons in the CS so you can sell them on Meso Market.

Your Maple Point balance is shown in your inventory in a box that is either under or to the right of your Mesos, and in the Cash Shop above your Mesos and below your NX Credit (Maple Reward Points are the top value here).
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    the biggest exception being the things you can only use NX Prepaid for.

That's wrong, Maple Points Can be used on All the items in the cash shop including Philosopher's Books. (which could only be bought with NX-Prepaid, and maple points)
    The only thing that is restricted from maple points being used on is The Marvel Machine.

PS. You can't use Maple Points in conjunction with Maple Reward Points to get a discount.