[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Breath of Divinity Ring Situation Unfair

boompower1x8boompower1x8
Reactions: 840
edited January 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I think it's unfair for the majority of us that the Breath of Divinity ring was only made available for one week, and have yet to be put back in Marvel/Philosopher books ever since. The ring has a very strong skill (I consider it unbalanced) that can be used on bosses (A skill that blocks fatal hit 1 time but only with a one min cooldown), and no other existing in game skills which does the same thing even comes close in terms of cool down. Op top of the skill, the ring has the best base stats outside of superior and reinforced gollux rings. At the current situation, the select few people who were lucky enough to win it within that one week span would've permanent advantage in bossing compared to all others. Even more questionable was the ring's skill was defective and was only in that one week event because of a glitch.

I'm suggesting Nexon should do one of the following:

1. If the ring skill is determined to be unbalanced, remove the skill from rings already in game and put the ring back in future Marvel Machine/Philosopher book events, compensate ring holders with a substantial amount of Maple Points (Talking about a couple hundred Ks here since people paid through the roof on the event or bought this), The ring is still one of the best rings without the skill and people would still want it.

2. If the ring skill is determined to be unbalanced, another option would be to modify the skill cooldown to something inline with existing similar game skills (About 5 min instead of currently 1). Re-introduce the ring to future Marvel Machine/Philosopher book events.

3. If the ring skill is determined to be balance, then I don't see what's the holdup, it should be put back in Marvel Machine/Philosopher book events.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    According to Nexon, the ring's skill is still bugged, and that's why it hasn't been made available again.
    JettYTJuly
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    it's been bugged for so long now...

I think they should consider adding it to their philos/whatever else even with the bug though as players will want it for the stats alone. It's a bis ring even before considering the power of the skill.
  • boompower1x8boompower1x8
    Reactions: 840
    edited May 2018
    Giving this a bump due to a recent feedback from players that the ring is now working without any problems since last week's v1.95.

Please re-release the ring in philosphers books/marvel to improve accessibility and/or apply any balance changes to the ring if needed! (A skill that can block any 1hko on a one minute cooldown is just not very balanced!)
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited May 2018
    Giving this a bump due to a recent feedback from players that the ring is now working without any problems since last week's v1.95.

Please re-release the ring in philosphers books/marvel to improve accessibility and/or apply any balance changes to the ring if needed! (A skill that can block any 1hko on a one minute cooldown is just not very balanced!)

I would be happy with just the sheer stats of the ring. Even without the ability to tank OHKO, the attack is superb as well as it being a 150 ring, it would be open to the 25 star cap and allow for even more stats (assuming one is insane enough to enhance something that rare.)
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    It's not completely fixed, it's just less bugged. (a lot less bugged)

I still had it glitch on me and be unusable for the rest of a boss fight at damien. I'm not sure what situation caused it exactly...
  • WimpGMSWimpGMS
    Reactions: 730
    edited May 2018
    Im hoping for it to be rereleased too. Its not fair that some maplers get to have an all time advantage over some other players who both spend a countless number of nx on their equips as well and pay just as much or even more... just because they did philosopher books 1 week earlier. If anything Nexon should either remove all the BoD skills or rerelease it so other high end players can also get access to the ring. The skill itself is bugged but regardless its a nice ring to have. Nexon you have said that you will release the ring once the skills fixed. However may I suggest releasing it beforehand? Since its been a long time since you have told us you would fix it but people are starting to get impatient. Also right now a lot of people still want the ring regardless of whether its bugged or not, not to mention its a BiS ring of 15 stars and hillas and fgr are only 8. My suggestion is to rerelease the ring, since many other high end players want access to it as well. Also for many classes without iframes, soloing bosses are a pain without the ring. In my case im a bowmaster and because i have no iframes, i absolutely have no way to deal with lucids bombs. Please reconsider and rerelease the ring so that other high ended players dont have to get an unfair situation. Thanks
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited May 2018

i have this ring and no... its not working properly, still glitched.

i do send tickets about this every month, answer is always same "we know about this and working to fix it, keep checking website for updates".

They won't add it back, and i don't think they should add it back if it still broken as it is right now.
  • WimpGMSWimpGMS
    Reactions: 730
    edited May 2018
    do you really July? considering u were the one who posted that people who buy items for money deserve to be punished last dupe wipe :) and now you have a BoD? :thinking:
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited May 2018
    WimpGMS wrote: »
    do you really July? considering u were the one who posted that people who buy items for money deserve to be punished last dupe wipe :) and now you have a BoD? :thinking:

What u talking about and how it’s in topic idk..

I got it from books.