[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

We all want a merge

Comments

• PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    Catooolooo wrote: »

while that's true, it's pretty much non-existant in KMS because of the ability to trade/ sell CS items (cubes, clothes..etc) on top of the meso market, making it a pretty moot point to try to illicitly sell NX when you can already do it legally in game.

even in other servers like Msea, they can trade some CS items via ASOK like EMS did pre-merge.

In all the other regions besides gms players can freely trade cubes, psoks, pets, water of lifes, etc cash items with other players and in the Auction House ( Asok is to make perm clothing that was worn and made untradeable, become tradeable again once ) so far from what iv'e seen so far only MSEA and EMS pre-merge had/has an Asok.

Iv'e been saying for the longest of time now that IF GMS got the ability to freely trade cubes, pets, and pretty much everything from the cash shop for mesos, then no one would play reboot, and the economy would get Much Better like x50 Better that what it currently is, but a lot of people keep saying that it can't happen cause of botters/meso-sellers, y'know the usual stuff, Sigh.....

also people keep telling me that GMS can't trade other cash equips besides clothing, because we have both NX credit and Prepaid, and there are a lot of people who abuse NX credit, ie: charge a certain amount of NX and then chrageback, so i had a suggestion for nexon to remove the option to use NX credit, or just make items purchased with NX credit untradeable ?

even though technically this belongs in another thread; GMS Desperately Needs to be able to trade All Cash Equipment to other player ( through trading and Auction House for Mesos ), i think it's extremely unfair that GMS is the Only Service out of all the other regions and i mean all of the other regions sea,tms,thms etc... that can't trade any cash equipment other then Cash Clothing AKA Perm NX.

PS. in order to to trade cash items you bought, with other players or sell it on the auction house, the item First must be bought with NX
    items bought with Maple Points or Reward Points cannot be traded.
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited May 2018
    I really wish they would do this tbh. Before I took a hiatus, I used to be a dedicated Windia player, and I came back and was shocked to see how dead it was. Now I play in Bera -only- because it's the only non-reboot server that has people in it. But even on Bera finding people to boss with me or do PQ's is so darn hard. All GMS has to do is expand the max # of characters per server so we don't have to delete any, problem solved.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited May 2018

while that's true, it's pretty much non-existant in KMS because of the ability to trade/ sell CS items (cubes, clothes..etc) on top of the meso market, making it a pretty moot point to try to illicitly sell NX when you can already do it legally in game.

even in other servers like Msea, they can trade some CS items via ASOK like EMS did pre-merge.

In all the other regions besides gms players can freely trade cubes, psoks, pets, water of lifes, etc cash items with other players and in the Auction House ( Asok is to make perm clothing that was worn and made untradeable, become tradeable again once ) so far from what iv'e seen so far only MSEA and EMS pre-merge had/has an Asok.

Iv'e been saying for the longest of time now that IF GMS got the ability to freely trade cubes, pets, and pretty much everything from the cash shop for mesos, then no one would play reboot, and the economy would get Much Better like x50 Better that what it currently is, but a lot of people keep saying that it can't happen cause of botters/meso-sellers, y'know the usual stuff, Sigh.....

also people keep telling me that GMS can't trade other cash equips besides clothing, because we have both NX credit and Prepaid, and there are a lot of people who abuse NX credit, ie: charge a certain amount of NX and then chrageback, so i had a suggestion for nexon to remove the option to use NX credit, or just make items purchased with NX credit untradeable ?

even though technically this belongs in another thread; GMS Desperately Needs to be able to trade All Cash Equipment to other player ( through trading and Auction House for Mesos ), i think it's extremely unfair that GMS is the Only Service out of all the other regions and i mean all of the other regions sea,tms,thms etc... that can't trade any cash equipment other then Cash Clothing AKA Perm NX.

PS. in order to to trade cash items you bought, with other players or sell it on the auction house, the item First must be bought with NX

eh, the NX credit argument is moot cause all other services allow you to charge via credit or via pre-paid card for just NX/ Cash with no seperation of the 2, and on top of that if you become a Golden snail in GMS you can charge credit and it's counted as pre-paid in all NXa games that have a separation, so it's not even a reason that would make sense. to top it off they billing ban your account if you ever do a charge back so any profit you tried to get in game would instantly be worthless
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited May 2018
    I'd like to see a merge. Even if they only cut out maybe 5 of the servers, it needs to happen. I mean, isn't nexon losing money by still running servers with really low populations?
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited May 2018

we do not all want all worlds merged into 1 world, that is a terrible idea and doomed to make people hate the hassle of finding traning spots, having 3 worlds gives people the ability to have space and go somewhere else if they don't like the popularity of a server while concentrating the population of reg server players.

It may very well be possible that 3 worlds (I assume you mean 3 regular servers + reboot) is still too much, but I wont ever know cause nexon will never disclose what the population is.

But if people insist in playing in a world that consist only of themselves and meso advertisers, there should be an option to world transfer permenantly, and those who wont to play in a populated world can transfer and those who wish to stay can choose not to use it.

Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018

eh, the NX credit argument is moot cause all other services allow you to charge via credit or via pre-paid card for just NX/ Cash with no seperation of the 2, and on top of that if you become a Golden snail in GMS you can charge credit and it's counted as pre-paid in all NXa games that have a separation, so it's not even a reason that would make sense. to top it off they billing ban your account if you ever do a charge back so any profit you tried to get in game would instantly be worthless

Yeah, but iv'e been told that botters, or meso-sellers, could just grab something with NX Credit -> Charge Back -> then sell for profit -> get banned -> but not care cause they got something like 10K+ Accounts ( and that's an understatement )

I really want GMS to have Fully tradeable Cash Equips ( cubes pets, everything, not just perm nx clothing ) that's why KMS regular servers are way more popluar there then in reboot, +having a stable economy only help in that factor, ( yes kishin might also be a factor but not as big as having fully tradeable cash items )

Point is; we need to be able to trade all cash items in the auction house and to other players for Mesos, i had a thread about it and reward points ( making them like KMS mileage ) but most people seem to not care about that, which is truly strange, don't you want to be able to buy a cube or a pet with Pure Mesos from the auction house rather then spend NX, or buy maple points through the meso market with our over-inflated economy.
    YoongiAcgnoliaAlantino
  • GomenasaiGomenasai
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited May 2018

Yeah, but iv'e been told that botters, or meso-sellers, could just grab something with NX Credit -> Charge Back -> then sell for profit -> get banned -> but not care cause they got something like 10K+ Accounts ( and that's an understatement )

I really want GMS to have Fully tradeable Cash Equips ( cubes pets, everything, not just perm nx clothing ) that's why KMS regular servers are way more popluar there then in reboot, +having a stable economy only help in that factor, ( yes kishin might also be a factor but not as big as having fully tradeable cash items )

Point is; we need to be able to trade all cash items in the auction house and to other players for Mesos, i had a thread about it and reward points ( making them like KMS mileage ) but most people seem to not care about that, which is truly strange, don't you want to be able to buy a cube or a pet with Pure Mesos from the auction house rather then spend NX, or buy maple points through the meso market with our over-inflated economy.

First of all, the amount of people who wants merge all the worlds into one is much much higher than the small amount of people who wants 3 worlds, and that's a fact, deal with it.

Secondly, I'd rather have 3 worlds instead of the currently situation where we have.... nothing!

3rd, if Nexon will actually get rid of hackers or at least get rid of most of them, and than merge all worlds into 1, trust me at this point you won't lag nor crash and will have a lot of free training maps to train at.

The only reason that many people can't train today (like me for example, I quit training a few weeks ago, cus everytime I do, new and different 3-4 hackers get in my map and take control over it) is cus of the amount of hackers that we have here in Bera.
  • GomenasaiGomenasai
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited May 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    any news of world merges, preferably most of them should merge.

Not really, many many people in here has been screaming about it, but guess what? nothing has changed :)

I already gave up a long ago and I suggest you to do the same.
    Alantino wrote: »
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    nope, would be nice for some real world merges though, and no more world alliances

The world merge idea may lead to character deletions since you are turning multiple worlds into 1 world. I made some characters in the other worlds in GRAZED for storage and when I want to replay a certain class, those classes would be deleted. It was fun to use other worlds within the same alliance to bypass the 5 cubes per month from RP limit.

dude, KMS has merged 15 worlds into 1 world, 7 worlds into 1 and so on, which is how they got down to 10 servers, and when EMS was added to GMS they merged their 2 worlds, and in both cases, there were no character deletions. it's an irrational fear. the most that will happen is that you would be prevented from making new characters if your overall character count was 43 or above.

KMS use to have about 30+ worlds to choose from, now they have 10 or 11, and that's because they added 2 rather recently (only talking about normal worlds)

if you need a refresher Read These posts that talk about 10+ servers being merged into 1, and those were only the ones I could find after remembering key words to find them, but there were several others.

how do you think they went from This (+ 11 more because this just shows post merge of 12 servers to 1) to This (It's from the V update so doesn't have the Arcane server added ) 5 of the servers on the list (Union, Elysium, Enosis, Aurora, and Luna) came from being massive merges of many (10+) dead servers. I had characters in an allianced server in KMS that eventually got merged with the other 3 servers in it's alliance + some others in KMS (the Culverin server alliance) and none of them got deleted.

No wonder KMS is 1 of the most popular games in South Korea, because they LISTEN to their people, unlike.....

We must LEARN from KMS and Merge Worlds as fast as possible, before it'd be WAY too late, because believe me, it's already too late.... but not WAY too late so...

Honestly im willing to buy a nx to transfer now, this should be an available option

Yeah me too, I'd totally pay 25k nx to move from Scania to Bera.
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    Reactions: 820
    edited May 2018
    There is no excuse for this at all. Scania was ALWAYS the top server in terms of population (before ReBoot) and now it's one of the dead servers.

If KMS can do a server merge then so can you guys NA Nexon. Honestly I think it's unfair to those who were on a hiatus during your transfer event. When I came back Scania was a desert with BARELY anyone around.

A response about this would be great. At this point the community should at least get acknowledgement about this.
    saladsenpaii
  • Kaiser4EverKaiser4Ever
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited May 2018
    Xionicomad wrote: »
    There is no excuse for this at all. Scania was ALWAYS the top server in terms of population (before ReBoot) and now it's one of the dead servers.

If KMS can do a server merge then so can you guys NA Nexon. Honestly I think it's unfair to those who were on a hiatus during your transfer event. When I came back Scania was a desert with BARELY anyone around.

A response about this would be great. At this point the community should at least get acknowledgement about this.

You just took the words right out of my mouth.

I am 1 of those lonely wolfs in Scania by the way :(
    But recently I started to log on less and less because honestly.... no one is around anymore...
    saladsenpaii
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited May 2018

But recently I started to log on less and less because honestly.... no one is around anymore...

Looks like you might stop logging on all together, talked to someone from support (out of desperation) , and there is no plans this year to have a world transfer event or world merge.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    You can see all of our thoughts from over 6 months ago here. Of course we're not allowed to continue that discussion directly...

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/16513/world-transfer-disaster-huge-screw-up-by-nexon
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2018
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    You can see all of our thoughts from over 6 months ago here. Of course we're not allowed to continue that discussion directly...

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/16513/world-transfer-disaster-huge-screw-up-by-nexon

You necro'd a 5-month-old thread despite the fact that this thread you're currently commenting in was on the front page at the time of your comment.
    That means you very literally searched the forums either via the search bar, via Google, or literally browsing back dozens of pages to find the thread you commented in. When you had a perfectly valid, open thread in front of you.

Please don't derail the thread further, thank you.
  • AlantinoAlantino
    Reactions: 990
    edited May 2018

Why you're not a GM?
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    if nx credit is such a problem why not just remove it
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    if nx credit is such a problem why not just remove it

Or nexon could just make cash items tradeable if bought with NX-Prepaid only.
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited May 2018

we do not all want all worlds merged into 1 world, that is a terrible idea and doomed to make people hate the hassle of finding traning spots, having 3 worlds gives people the ability to have space and go somewhere else if they don't like the popularity of a server while concentrating the population of reg server players.

It may very well be possible that 3 worlds (I assume you mean 3 regular servers + reboot) is still too much, but I wont ever know cause nexon will never disclose what the population is.

But if people insist in playing in a world that consist only of themselves and meso advertisers, there should be an option to world transfer permenantly, and those who wont to play in a populated world can transfer and those who wish to stay can choose not to use it.

You really think all non reboot population is that high? please, it's nowhere near prebb scania levels, there's a reason nexon hides the numbers from us. If you wanna have a feel for the population try going to the channel select screen whenever there's an mvp smega and see that one channel fill up with just ~50 people in ardentmill. It is far more likely that 3 servers won't be enough, the best we can hope for are 2 servers.
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited May 2018
    pepe wrote: »

You really think all non reboot population is that high? please, it's nowhere near prebb scania levels, there's a reason nexon hides the numbers from us. If you wanna have a feel for the population try going to the channel select screen whenever there's an mvp smega and see that one channel fill up with just ~50 people in ardentmill. It is far more likely that 3 servers won't be enough, the best we can hope for are 2 servers.

This is exactly what I was thinking about.
    We must have 2 worlds, Bera (merge everything into Bera excluding Reboot) and Reboot.

Take a look at Scania and Windia at Saturday or Sunday..... it's literally a ghost town.... let alone the other days.... monday, tuesda, etc....
    Because at Saturday and Sunday, you maybe, just maybe, might be able to find like 1-2 people around but at other das....
  • AlantinoAlantino
    Reactions: 990
    edited May 2018

Looks like you might stop logging on all together, talked to someone from support (out of desperation) , and there is no plans this year to have a world transfer event or world merge.

Omg.... please tell me you're joking T_T
    saladsenpaii
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2018
    You guys really don't like server stability eh?
This discussion has been closed.