[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Burninator effect not returning after 6/7 maint

WZrkWZrk
Reactions: 990
edited June 2018 in Bug Reporting
Brief bug summary: Characters who were burned do not have the burning effect even after the maintenance.

More details: Burninators were bugged in that logging off with the character you burned would remove the burning effect. That effect was supposed to be returned after the 6/7 maintenance, but it has not returned for the character I burned (Luminous). Edit: Also forgot to mention that I didn't get the compensation box either.

Steps to reproduce: Must have burned a character before the maint then logged off of it or dc'd and had the effect removed.

Character name: Murveil

Character level: 43

Character job: Luminous

World name: Renegades

Date and time of the incident: 2:20pm EDT

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2018
    I cannot confirm. My Phantom is burning correctly:
    XX2ATjX.png

I would suggest submitting a ticket.
    https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us
  • MedicMedic
    Reactions: 500
    edited June 2018
    My Mega character stopped working when it came out like many others. I even put in a ticket about it. After the last maintenance, I still didn't get the Bebes orange box or the compensation that is on the website.
    Char it was on RainsBlood, on Chaos. Please fix. Why cant you get this right. sigh.
  • MedicMedic
    edited June 2018
    I didnt even get to Bebes orange box or the compensation on my account. I also lost the burning effect the first time on Chaos world, char RainsBlood, job Dual Blade. Why didnt i get the gift box?
  • ruth02ruth02
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited June 2018
    i not get this too ... enter to my account and nothing , no bebes oranges, no burning and exp cupons :(
  • ZeroBluxZeroBlux
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited June 2018
    doesn't work on my end either. get your stuff together already. i didn't burn them for nothing
  • WoebegoneUnicornWoebegoneUnicorn
    Reactions: 415
    edited June 2018
    same
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Since some people did get their burning effect back, and some didn't, we need to try to find out what the difference is between the groups.
    For this, we would like you to provide a few more details:

Character name, class, and world
    Did you claim the burninator from the giftbox notifier on the same character that you burned, or did you move it through storage?
    Date and level when you activated the burninator
    Date and level when you logged off the character (or disconnected)
    Level before the 6/7 maintenance
    Did your character get the burning effect back?
    Did you get the Bebe Box?

Thank you.
  • TingkleTingkle
    Reactions: 100
    AKradian wrote: »
    Since some people did get their burning effect back, and some didn't, we need to try to find out what the difference is between the groups.
    For this, we would like you to provide a few more details:

Did you claim the burninator from the giftbox notifier on the same character that you burned, or did you move it through storage?

Thank you.

Should I post this here or in another thread?
  • MedicMedic
    edited June 2018
    the same day the burninator came out, the gift box was on my char MysticWillow, on Chaos server . I put it through the storage. I made the char RainsBlood and got it to lvl 10, and then put the Burninator effect on. When I reached lvl 40 I dc'd . I levelled to 42 with no burning effect at all. I never got the burning effect back after 6/7 maintenance. Did not get the Bebe Box or the compensation either. I have put in a ticket and basically am told to watch the website for upddates. I the mean time, im just waiting as time goes by. Will we get the burninator , i spent nx for this char , are we going to be given the added extra time or are we just going to miss out altogther and did the work and nx for nothing? IM STILL WAITING.
    edited June 2018
    Character name, class, and world:
    ExodusAika, Angelic buster, arcania
    Did you claim the burninator from the giftbox notifier on the same character that you burned, or did you move it through storage?:
    Same character that I burned
    Date and level when you activated the burninator:
    lv 10, the first day you could get it(I dont remember the date)
    Date and level when you logged off the character (or disconnected):
    that same day at lv 45
    Level before the 6/7 maintenance:
    48 (lv 45-48 were without the burning effect)
    Did your character get the burning effect back?:
    No
    Did you get the Bebe Box?:
    No
    edited June 2018
    From what I can tell all the characters that didn't get the burning effect back were low level characters, all before 4th job. Not sure if that has anything to do with it but its possible.
  • TingkleTingkle
    Reactions: 100
    edited June 2018
    Character name, class, and world0
    Boccob, Mihile, Chaos
    Giftbox on same character
    Somewhere between 06/02 and 06/04 at level 10 or 11
    The same night at level 76
    No
    No
  • TachikawaHiyokoTachikawaHiyoko
    Reactions: 1,290
    edited June 2018
    SoliXenon, Xenon, Windia

I claimed it through storage. I recived the gift box with my main, a Bishop (xSolitariax, level 202, Windia), and then moved it through storage to the Xenon that would use it.

June 6th, 2018. Level 10.

June 6th, 2018. Level 73.

Level 73.

Yes. In fact, my Xenon is already level 152 and I leveled her up to 150 with the burning effect that returned after the maintenance.

Yes.
  • MedicMedic
    edited June 2018
    I have put a ticket in a week ago about all this mess. All they could tell me was to watch the website for information. Are we going to be brushed off , all of us that didnt get the effect back , or is something actually being done about it. I would like to know.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Medic wrote: »
    I have put a ticket in a week ago about all this mess. All they could tell me was to watch the website for information. Are we going to be brushed off , all of us that didnt get the effect back , or is something actually being done about it. I would like to know.

You will not be brushed off.
    WoebegoneUnicorn
  • WZrkWZrk
    Reactions: 990
    edited June 2018
    Quick update: after the last maint, my burning effect was returned to my character. Could be the case for the rest of the people here in the same spot as I was.