[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

DA +flames and nebs removal feel more like a nerf.

TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
Reactions: 2,320
edited June 2018 in General Chat
well for the majority the flames compensation appears to be nice if you had %all stat nebs in your gear u pretty much lose nothing but gain a few additional option lines, how you guys feeling about the change?

I myself am disappointed in this here, they combined all sources of hp or mp and give additional options to both sides at a lower rate which is horrible to us demon types:

[A] Nebulite (Max HP: +3%) = Max HP (5), Max MP (5), Jump (6)
[A] Nebulite (Max HP: +4%) = Max HP (5), Max MP (5), Jump (6)

How about 1 line options at HP(6) or a combo of hp(5) and WA(1-2) lol, i guess it is set up so u hate your additional options and have to start from scratch prety much, i spent a lot of moolah on nebs to be disapointed like this =(

1. how do you like the change?11 votes
    1. Love it!
       27% (3 votes)
    2. Hate it!
       73% (8 votes)

Comments

• xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    Reactions: 1,860
    edited June 2018
    boss 20 replacement is trash while 25 is sooo decent. it gets me so mad. especially on a dead server, not everybody can get access to the 25 boss neb f3.
    Reactions: 735
    edited June 2018
    Decent Speed Infusion Nebulite mention is missing from the list on the site....
    So all the decent skills are now being taken from us...
    Dig the knife in a bit more deeper the game will soon be declining even more now...
    I can't wait to see the Frenzy totem getting rekt
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    edited June 2018
    2600 wrote: »
    So all the decent skills are now being taken from us...
    Dig the knife in a bit more deeper the game will soon be declining even more now...
    I can't wait to see the Frenzy totem getting rekt

no it was mentioned, u get 140 node "shards" i cried cause when i 1st read it i thought it was 140 nodestones and went and bought 10 decent sharp eye nebs at 1b per and now feel like an idiot sad day, this change took the wind out of my sail, now i am depressed =(
    edited June 2018
    boss 20 replacement is trash while 25 is sooo decent. it gets me so mad. especially on a dead server, not everybody can get access to the 25 boss neb f3.

it actually is not SOOOO good, the only additional option anyone needs to care about for a weapon is getting + wa(6-7) or +ma(6-7) if u r a magic class for an outrageous 150wa/ma+ on an umbra weapon if u happen to get a little extra bonus boss or all damage on top of it then u r one happy camper.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2018
    If you have enough %HP from potential and skills, raw HP would give you more damage than the amount of %HP you lost.
    2600 wrote: »
    Only a god tier hacker or GM can have the decent speed infusion nebulite because it's a S rank nebulite and is unobtainable by normal means.
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited June 2018
    Yeah, my DA is going to cry. I'd been saving up nebs hoping for a revamp where Nexon removed trash lines or gave better tier up rates but I still had a 20% boss and DSE neb equipped. The DSE flame exchange is pretty bad in general but for DA's it's awful.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2018
    A level 5 increase on a level 150 equip (assuming Fafnir) is 2,250 HP, whereas level 6 is 2,700 HP, for comparison.

Some of the VFMs brought up Demon Avenger in terms of compensation a while ago. I personally did not.

Truthfully there's not really a way to satisfy every single player across every single server. The issue I brought up was about Reboot and how %damage is valued less than normal servers, for example.
    My personal advice would be to start stocking up on Nebulites (especially since fusion tickets are now 1 meso) to mitigate any nerf you might be expecting, as they'll be converted to flames for you to reroll. That was also part of the compensation.
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited June 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    A level 5 increase on a level 150 equip (assuming Fafnir) is 2,250 HP, whereas level 6 is 2,700 HP, for comparison.

Some of the VFMs brought up Demon Avenger in terms of compensation a while ago. I personally did not.

Truthfully there's not really a way to satisfy every single player across every single server. The issue I brought up was about Reboot and how %damage is valued less than normal servers, for example.
    My personal advice would be to start stocking up on Nebulites (especially since fusion tickets are now 1 meso) to mitigate any nerf you might be expecting, as they'll be converted to flames for you to reroll. That was also part of the compensation.

No plans to stock up here since Nexon never got around to making it so boxes actually dropped in the Arcane River, drop rates elsewhere are bad and the tier up rate is something awful like a 15% chance. I'll just have to be satisfied with the 41 eternal flames I get, though I'm not looking forward to even more rng considering how bad my luck normally is. Flames having ranged values is going to make for so very salty rolls.

I really do hope flames end up being as good as people claim; I don't want to be on the forums or Discord if things go poorly.
  • FyFoxFyFox
    Reactions: 100
    Can someone tell me how flame item will looks like? will it looks like in EMS that only special stast like %all stat and boss will look in green while rest in blue? or will it looks like in KMS that all flame stats are in green. also, what about the sok needed? looks like because of GMS getting it ems wont need sok anymore.

"For all equipment that had Bonus Stats previously in EMS and had a Scissors count restriction, the scissor count restriction will be removed."

Idk anymore about this patch, I need more information on whats going to happen. how will it look. etc..
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2018
    FyFox wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how flame item will looks like? will it looks like in EMS that only special stast like %all stat and boss will look in green while rest in blue? or will it looks like in KMS that all flame stats are in green. also, what about the sok needed? looks like because of GMS getting it ems wont need sok anymore.

"For all equipment that had Bonus Stats previously in EMS and had a Scissors count restriction, the scissor count restriction will be removed."

Idk anymore about this patch, I need more information on whats going to happen. how will it look. etc..

They will follow the green text format. And regarding scissor count restriction being removed on items in EMS, it might hint we are getting a Tier 7 flames with crafting with no scissor count (which was a turn off long time ago when I talked about flames.) What we are complaining now is that some items are being poorly compensated and they are going to feel weaker due to rings and other non flammables losing there Nebs without a replacement stat and that some Nebulite results cannot be replicated as a Bonus Stat.
  • BostonGeorgeBostonGeorge
    Reactions: 830
    edited June 2018
    Well it has been well not sure years since i posted anything but only if i saw something i did not like. Well the day has come seeing this **** irks me to no end have they really lost there mind who the hell was at that maplestory fest that came up with this bs. Nevermind i said what i wanted to say good luck losing another 75% of your population.
    edited June 2018
    all i know is it is going to take a lot of +flat hp to compensate for the 80% hp that was removed, but it is apparent all versions of ms are going to conform to the kms systems as time goes along, thus we will lose our level 3 links and i just got all my level 3 links recently at a cost of about 10X1 day 2X exp cs coupon per char and to find out later i wasted my time and money and should not of gone past 200 makes me upset at the impending change coming with the addition of 25 stars =(
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited June 2018
    Neospector wrote: »

You should not waste time buying those Fusion tickets even if it's only 1 meso. Mainly because the chance to get A nebs from fusing B is low, then the chance to get 3-4% all stats or 20/25% boss neb is low as well. Then you only pay for meso rank D and C nebs.

Atm, I have 7 rank B nebs, one 25% boss neb equipped on Shield, 5 4% all stats nebs from equipments which can't be flamed, 17 A neb not mentionned which are in inventory. So i can earn 168 Eternal Rebirth Flames.

Unless getting tier 6 on %dmg, %boss AND attack on Arcane weapon, considering that certain equips can't be flamed, Bonus Stats are a bit worse than nebulites finally ... not counting flat attack and main we can potentially get on armors, but still... Talking for end game players. Don't think im one of them because i'm at 33k STR buffed as Hero.

If i come back on arcane weapon, supposely you can get tier 6 on %boss (12%BD), %damage (6%dmg) and ATT (135-142 att on non-mage weapon), does this 135-142 att gain justify the lost of 32% boss?

Finally, there are like 8 equips that can't have Bonus Stats (4 rings, badge, emblem, heart and shoulder), so you basically lose 32% all stats from these 4% all stats nebs, so you need to get 16 armors/accessories with 6% all stats (extra 2% from 4%) Bonus Stat to gain your 32% back. You may be lucky to get tier 7 which is rare to get. You will also want get a good flat stat tier, not just % all stats, so it may take some time to get some decent/perfect lines.
  • RadiantSightRadiantSight
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited June 2018
    I'm quite surprised that the main developers at the main Nexon HQ at Tokyo Japan have never added HP% or a skill that treated All stat% as HP% for additional options for Demon Avengers after all of the years when Flames of Rebirth were first released. These options would of at least made additional options a bit more fair for Demon Avengers while still making HP% still viable on potential since it gives way more.
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    They didn't give a damn about att% nebs even though they have just as much value in many cases
  • EmongAdarnaEmongAdarna
    Reactions: 610
    edited June 2018
    are the rebirth flames from removal tradable tho?, i dont wanna check all 30 chars for nebs :|
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited June 2018
    are the rebirth flames from removal tradable tho?, i dont wanna check all 30 chars for nebs :|

no idea but they should make it account tradable at the very least
  • EmongAdarnaEmongAdarna
    Reactions: 610
    edited June 2018
    ShadEight wrote: »

no idea but they should make it account tradable at the very least

damn so no assurance? and also the fragments :| my mules have em, and i cant transfer em :|