[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Typo or skill] Meltdown invincibility?

ThatBaldyThatBaldy
Reactions: 1,145
edited June 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Typo or skill functionality

Brief Bug Summary: Meltdown skill description claims to give invincibility while wielding the orbs. The skill however does not provide invincibility.

More details: Is this a mistranslation or typo? Or is it supposed to give invincibility?

Steps to reproduce: Stand in a constant barrage of attacks and cast the orbs. Look for moments of invincibility.

(I tested at skill level 22, not sure if level 25 makes a difference)

Character name: ThatBaldy

Character level: 238

Character job: Buccaneer

World name: Reboot

Date and time of incident: I suppose since the release of the skill.

Comments

• ThatBaldyThatBaldy
    edited June 2018
    Bump, if possible I'd like this to be confirmed to be either a bug or typo at the very least please.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2018
    According to the Korean skill description using google translate, I think it mean that the energy orb do not get destroyed if it hit an enemy under damage reflection. I blame the Korean for making the unaffected by damage reflection portion more complicated than necessary by adding the word invincible (the crime of padding the word count with the wrong words).
    초인으로 변신하여 강력한 힘을 발휘한다. 초인 상태에서는 방향키를 한쪽으로 2번 연속 입력하여 순간적으로 이동할 수 있게 되고 스킬을 한번 더 사용하여 주변 적을 공격하는 에너지 오브를 사용할 수 있다. 에너지 오브는 공격 반사 상태의 적을 공격해도 피해를 입지 않고 사용 중 무적이다.
    It transforms into a superman and exerts a powerful force. In the superhuman state, you can enter the direction key twice in a row to move instantly, and you can use Energy Orb to attack nearby enemies once more. The Energy Orb is invulnerable even when attacking an enemy in attack reflective state without being damaged

The skill description should be "Unleash your rage and soar to new heights of power. Double-tap an arrow key to teleport in that direction. Use the skill again to attack nearby enemies with a humongous orb of energy. The orb of energy is unaffected by attack reflection."
  • ThatBaldyThatBaldy
    edited June 2018
    Oh wow that makes a lot more sense. Thank you for the reply :D