[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Plant Growing Buff Bug in Textbox/Lag

MiraMira
Reactions: 4,160
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Functionality

Brief bug summary: Ever since the plant growing event, after using one of the buffs you get after getting your 4 golden leaves for the day, I am constantly spammed by a message saying 'You could not acquire the effect' depending on the level of buff used. On my Mage, I used 3 different levels, so I get 3 messages every time I switch channels, come out of the cash shop, etc. My Phantom only used 1, so I only get one message. I also get a massive lag spike every time those messages appear (which could potentially be why the game has been running like crap the last few weeks - if everyone in the game is getting a massive lag spike from these messages...). Either way, this problem really needs to be addressed, especially since the event is now over and I am still getting plagued with these messages. =/

Steps to reproduce: Use any level of the plant buff, let it wear off, and then switch channels/cash shop

Character name: Mirazja/Spyralle

Character level: 232/215

Character job: F/P Arch Mage/Phantom

World name: Scania

Date and time of the incident: Has been happening throughout the whole event, up until and including today at 8:00pm EST.

Comments

• UfologistUfologist
    Reactions: 200
    Bumping this because the event has long since ended, and I also still get spam of this message every time I change maps, etc.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Rebumping - this issue is causing a crapton of unnecessary spam, but more importantly, it causes a LOT of lag when the messages are trying to load. This whole issue with the laggy servers started when the Harvesting event started - coincidence ? Perhaps... But I really think that this is one of the issues that is causing the server instability - if all the people in a server are getting these lagging messages, that's putting unnecessary strain on the servers. I don't know why this bug occurred in the first place, but it needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    I have forwarded the issue.