[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Community Event Boxes? Eh...not gonna make it

xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
Reactions: 1,860
edited June 2018 in General Chat
Yeah.......Last day of attendance (not really), even if we can kill enough mobs as possible on this attendance day, it still wont be enough to catch either boxes.....how lovely. f3

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2018
    I'm guessing people either didn't participate because they thought it was per individual, or they missed a few days.
  • xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    edited June 2018
    wait wut? did i misread something?
    edited June 2018
    wait wut? did i misread something?

nope, it is accumulation from all attendance kills. But some may have thought otherwise, so they may have not participated.
    edited June 2018
    will the attendance progress that's not turned in get carried over until the end of the event period?
    EDIT: That was a lie.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/8ndn1i/ark_community_attendance_event/

It seems there are only about 10,000 people doing attendance.
    I've run into quite a few maplers who didn't even know there was an attendance going on, or never do them anyway.
    It looks like either someone at Nexon grossly overestimated the size of the event-aware population, or they intentionally made the goals unreachable for some unfathomable reason.

I hope they will update the goals.
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited June 2018
    I'd say it was a gross overestimation. It appears someone looked just at the active population to extrapolate these goals, without taking into account any sort of past event participation rate, botters, etc. It would seem that they estimated more around 30,000 accounts participating.

Box 4 should realistically have been at about 60m monsters.
    edited June 2018
    i found that even though we got all the rewards, we can still keep doing the attendance. there's just no more rewards for you to get.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited June 2018
    The attendance can only be done for 12 days per account. How many accounts does nexon think each person should do this event on? 50,000 accounts would need to participated to reach the max number... With so many trying out MS2, and lagging out in the bigger servers it was never a reasonable goal to begin with. I don't feel that it is okay for them to assume so many people are so engaged in this game anymore. The events are bad, party exp is bad, almost no 2x events anymore, they just announced that they are taking nebs away (so much rage quit here), the next level equips are almost unobtainable, and the drop rate change (don't even get me started). They should reward the loyal players who participated in the event by giving them the best box. That would encourage more of the lazy players to participate next time!!! Reward your players and they will want to play more what a novel concept!!!
    JadedOne
    edited June 2018
    180mil mob kill absolutely makes no sense wutsoever. i'm gonna guess they didnt plan this thoroughly.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited June 2018
    it would make more sense if it were not linked to the attendance event. if as a community we just had to kill as many monsters as we could.
    edited June 2018
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    it would make more sense if it were not linked to the attendance event. if as a community we just had to kill as many monsters as we could.

I don't know about that Janice, botters would get involved.
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    Reactions: 2,120
    edited June 2018
    Hopefully they cheese the numbers like PokemonGo did lmfa o
    DiximaN
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited June 2018
    This week they should have made it so each monster killed counts 5x.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited June 2018
    They were probably counting the botting accounts when they set up this event. Just because the account is active does not make it legitimate. I still think they should just give the top prize to all the accounts that did participate!!!
    edited June 2018
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    They were probably counting the botting accounts when they set up this event. Just because the account is active does not make it legitimate. I still think they should just give the top prize to all the accounts that did participate!!!

Smart cookie Janice, They probably thought botters participated in attendance events.
  • TachikawaHiyokoTachikawaHiyoko
    Reactions: 1,290
    edited June 2018
    Maybe they were just hoping to entice more people to participate and hopefully bring more people to be online and playing the game. Or maybe they set the goal deliberately high so it was kind of unattainable. Maybe...
  • SumiSumi
    Reactions: 1,840
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    This sux tho i really wanted box 4 .not even close to box 1 now...
    Maybe they should have added the pink bean jingle kills
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited June 2018
    It was easy to see early on that we would get far with the kills because the game is dying because of the extreme focus on P2W has turned a lot of people off. Players feel cheated and putting an impossible goal to reach just exacerbates the problem. Whales don't care because those free items don't matter to them.
    TachikawaHiyokoDarkPassenger
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited June 2018
    anyone else think the server instability and lag may be at the heart of the cause LOL?
  • BandaBanda
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited June 2018
    you can still do the daily attendance till the 20th, it will Count even if you do not get any daily gifts