[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Change ring level after starforce cap removal

NiceBuffsNiceBuffs
Reactions: 200
edited June 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I know that 20 star or 25 star system is not confirmed yet, but if Nexon decides to bring them over to GMS that would mean many of the equipment we invested time, money, and effort wont be considered as BiS.

One particular item that I had in mind were Forest Guardian Ring, Magnus Rage, and Hilla's Rage. If the 15 star cap is removed, then these rings would be obsolete compared to Meister and Scarlet Ring. I personally got Forest Guardian Ring from Gachapon few days ago. This ring, along with Magnus and Hilla's Rage , are extremely rare and costly to get from gachapon, marvel, and so forth. Even though it is not confirmed, it makes me sad to think that my ring would be worthless after the cap removal. It will be no different from having empress or pensalir equipment.

It would make no sense for these rings to be included in marvel and be rare as it already is. Therefore, if the changes are brought about in the future, these rings should be raised in equipment level to at least 140 or 150. If not, they should either be deleted from gachapon/marvel/philo or not be as rare to obtain. What do you guys think?

Comments

• ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited June 2018
    So what you're saying is that we should hold back a great boon to many players just because you wish to keep a rare ring relevant?
  • iHaveNoMainiHaveNoMain
    Reactions: 310
    edited June 2018
    ShadEight wrote: »
    So what you're saying is that we should hold back a great boon to many players just because you wish to keep a rare ring relevant?

What he's saying is that just because you guys want a great boon (Not everyone even wants 25* because of the damage it's going to do to their progress) doesn't mean that items that take a lot of money and time to get should become irrelevant. Every Reboot player using transposed SW equips is worried about 25* coming because it means that they have to virtually start over because if not they'd be losing a lot of stat. Adding it and ruining end game rings all together for this is even worse and liable to make many players quit if it causes too much of a problem for their character's current progression. He's just suggesting that they raise the ring level to stop these very expensive and rare rings from becoming worthless. I don't see the issue here, you're sort of making it a bigger deal than it is by getting what you want to out of his suggestion.
  • NiceBuffsNiceBuffs
    edited June 2018

What he's saying is that just because you guys want a great boon (Not everyone even wants 25* because of the damage it's going to do to their progress) doesn't mean that items that take a lot of money and time to get should become irrelevant. Every Reboot player using transposed SW equips is worried about 25* coming because it means that they have to virtually start over because if not they'd be losing a lot of stat. Adding it and ruining end game rings all together for this is even worse and liable to make many players quit if it causes too much of a problem for their character's current progression. He's just suggesting that they raise the ring level to stop these very expensive and rare rings from becoming worthless. I don't see the issue here, you're sort of making it a bigger deal than it is by getting what you want to out of his suggestion.

Thank you, this is what I was meaning to say. I know that BiS items change progressively; just see how we switched from VIP items to empress to CRA and tyrants throughout the years. However, with the introduction of 25 star cap, many items such as certain rings, sweetwater for reboot, shoulders, etc. would become irrelevant. Don't get me wrong, change is great. But this would bring too much change all at once.

From the items that are on stake, I was using my recently obtained Forest Guardian Ring as an example. I am mid-funded in terms of funding, and I was glad to obtain this ring since it's relatively rare and pricey to get. Not to mention, it is currently one of the BiS ring. However, 25* would make this ring obsolete to say, meister or solid gollux rings. It would make no sense for these rings to be rare to obtain, or even exist in marvel, gacha, philo for that matter.

Stuff like hilla's rage, FGR, magnus rage, frenzy totem, etc. are rare for a REASON. They are advantageous to have and rare to obtain. With this change, no one would be wanting to use FGR for example, because other rings are much better and easier to obtain. Hence, they lose value for being worthless.

Nexon constantly tries to make these gambling methods of obtaining items (gachapon, philo, marvel, etc.) "better" by removing outdated items such as empress equips. Therefore, if they don't do anything about these rare rings (other other rare-to-obtain items for that matter), my proposition is to either increase its equipment level to make them relevant or just get rid of them completely lol.
  • levelcutlevelcut
    edited June 2018
    Terrible idea. Items can't stay BiS forever. Otherwise empress will still be best in slot. Just sell yours off or throw them away. They will be worthless in a few months :)
  • NiceBuffsNiceBuffs
    edited June 2018
    levelcut wrote: »
    Terrible idea. Items can't stay BiS forever. Otherwise empress will still be best in slot. Just sell yours off or throw them away. They will be worthless in a few months :)

Yes, I know items can't stay BiS forever as I've mentioned. The downside of the starforce cap removal is drastic change in one patch. Again, if these changes are brought about in the future, these rings for example shouldn't be included in marvel, gachapon, and philo books at all. They shouldn't be rare to obtain either, since other rings are much easier and better to obtain. Unless they were to increase its equipment level ;)

I doubt this would happen, but it is just a suggestion.
  • Excelsior05Excelsior05
    Reactions: 330
    edited June 2018
    Most of the BIS wouldn't change though. So it seems like you're mostly worrying about your rings? Probably like 99% of players don't have gach rings, but Nexon can always raise star cape I guess. I don't think scarlet is viable to use due to the supply to boom. However, 25* is overall better for the majority of the players. Gears are more flexible and many equips people can use in KMS isn't so irrelevant here any more. Does anyone know If KMS has Black Tinkerer equips?
  • NiceBuffsNiceBuffs
    edited June 2018
    Most of the BIS wouldn't change though. So it seems like you're mostly worrying about your rings? Probably like 99% of players don't have gach rings, but Nexon can always raise star cape I guess. I don't think scarlet is viable to use due to the supply to boom. However, 25* is overall better for the majority of the players. Gears are more flexible and many equips people can use in KMS isn't so irrelevant here any more. Does anyone know If KMS has Black Tinkerer equips?

I was just using my Forest Guardian Ring as an example since I recently obtained it. But yes, black tinkerer equip would be another example. These are also obtainable through marvel and I don't think they exist in KMS. Since they would not be considered BiS after the 25* change, they would also hold no value and should not exist in marvel either.

Nexon constantly "clears" out marvel, philo books, etc. because some items are not considered BiS and rarely anybody uses it anymore (such as empress or necro equips). After the change, tinkerer items, hilla's rage, etc. would be comparable to those equipment.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2018
    NiceBuffs wrote: »

I was just using my Forest Guardian Ring as an example since I recently obtained it. But yes, black tinkerer equip would be another example. These are also obtainable through marvel and I don't think they exist in KMS. Since they would not be considered BiS after the 25* change, they would also hold no value and should not exist in marvel either.

Nexon constantly "clears" out marvel, philo books, etc. because some items are not considered BiS and rarely anybody uses it anymore (such as empress or necro equips). After the change, tinkerer items, hilla's rage, etc. would be comparable to those equipment.

If the levels of these rings were increased to allow for higher star force, it would cause a lot of problems since these rings would be 70 ATT. The only KMS ring I know of capable of reaching 25 stars is the meister ring. Regions with Gollux have Superior Rings and Reinforced Rings which are 150 and 140 respectively and both have access to 25 stars.

It is difficult raise the star cap levels in GMS because of Sweetwater, Gollux and other items that GMS has that KMS doesn't have. We are currently behind KMS in terms of damage because they have both Flames and 25 stars. In a few days, we will be closing on KMS since we will have our flames implemented (get ready!) but we are not as high since we don't have high starred items since the attacks on items start increasing dramatically when they are 15+ stars. But if GMS blindly implements 25 stars without accounting for tranposed Tyrants and non-KMS items, things will be really broken.

But I do understand you have a powerful ring that you gambled on, but you don't want it to go to waste because of an update makes high leveled items better and yours remains untouched. Items that are 130 have access to 20 stars, so you can still obtain attack from stars 16-20, so I was thinking items available through Gach, Marvel and other P2W methods will get their levels boosted to 130 to enjoy some stat boosts. The rings you are talking about have a high amount of attack on them and a single slot unhammered to "balance" it so if your ring were 130, it would serve as an alternative to having a Meister Ring with 20+ stars.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    edited June 2018

Firstly all reboot player aren't worried about it because transposed SW will be roughly equivalent to the arcane set (just a little under). Secondly, yes it does mean that your rare items SHOULD be devalued. There is no other way around it, what you're asking for is special treatment.
    Thank you, this is what I was meaning to say. I know that BiS items change progressively; just see how we switched from VIP items to empress to CRA and tyrants throughout the years. However, with the introduction of 25 star cap, many items such as certain rings, sweetwater for reboot, shoulders, etc. would become irrelevant. Don't get me wrong, change is great. But this would bring too much change all at once.

From the items that are on stake, I was using my recently obtained Forest Guardian Ring as an example. I am mid-funded in terms of funding, and I was glad to obtain this ring since it's relatively rare and pricey to get. Not to mention, it is currently one of the BiS ring. However, 25* would make this ring obsolete to say, meister or solid gollux rings. It would make no sense for these rings to be rare to obtain, or even exist in marvel, gacha, philo for that matter.

Stuff like hilla's rage, FGR, magnus rage, frenzy totem, etc. are rare for a REASON. They are advantageous to have and rare to obtain. With this change, no one would be wanting to use FGR for example, because other rings are much better and easier to obtain. Hence, they lose value for being worthless.

Nexon constantly tries to make these gambling methods of obtaining items (gachapon, philo, marvel, etc.) "better" by removing outdated items such as empress equips. Therefore, if they don't do anything about these rare rings (other other rare-to-obtain items for that matter), my proposition is to either increase its equipment level to make them relevant or just get rid of them completely lol.

Did you forget about the potential system, which wiped out 80% of the market value of previous BiS items in one night? This is going to have far less impact anyway, these rare rings had a good run in the marvel machine etc but they were never going to last forever. You're only having a fit because you obtained a rare BiS item and felt special about it, wanting no one else to match your prestige. Just sell your ring while you can and work on meister. It really isn't that hard.
    Strezlecki0
  • Strezlecki0Strezlecki0
    Reactions: 650
    edited June 2018
    I've already made plans to sell all my rings, and replace them with meister ring ready for 25 stars. Im fine with or without 25 star tbh, but if 25 stars were to come out, it would be great for all players to optimise their gear. Stilll need the server to be stabilise HAHHAHA
  • NiceBuffsNiceBuffs
    edited June 2018

Firstly all reboot player aren't worried about it because transposed SW will be roughly equivalent to the arcane set (just a little under). Secondly, yes it does mean that your rare items SHOULD be devalued. There is no other way around it, what you're asking for is special treatment.

Did you forget about the potential system, which wiped out 80% of the market value of previous BiS items in one night? This is going to have far less impact anyway, these rare rings had a good run in the marvel machine etc but they were never going to last forever. You're only having a fit because you obtained a rare BiS item and felt special about it, wanting no one else to match your prestige. Just sell your ring while you can and work on meister. It really isn't that hard.
    I'm not having a fit tbh, I don't know why you are being triggered by my inputs and suggestions.

Also, I have played since the pre-bb era. Not sure where you got your 80% statistics from, but I do agree that the introduction of the potential system drastically changed the game. I also think that was when the game started going downhill and Maple lost a lot of its player base. However, the DIFFERENCE between the previous and current change is monetary input and output. Compared to the introduction of the potential system, it takes much more NX, mesos, etc. to "perfect" your items or obtain BiS items. Therefore, a change that forces a player to change many of their equipment that they have spent much time and money on is not really favorable.

You may say, "Well, you don't HAVE to always have the best gear if you can't afford it. Just settle with what you can afford and what you have." But the thing is, Nexon constantly release new content, area, and bosses that encourage upgrading.

I appreciate Dexterbeer's input, because that is sort of the discussion I was looking for. There are many differences between GMS and KMS, so a big change like 25* is something to be carefully discussed and implemented. Frankly, I could care less if 25* system is not introduced to GMS. If it IS introduced, then some equips like tinkerer, hilla's rage, FGR, etc. should NOT be rare as it is or even exist in those gamble machines.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    edited June 2018
    I appreciate Dexterbeer's input, because that is sort of the discussion I was looking for. There are many differences between GMS and KMS, so a big change like 25* is something to be carefully discussed and implemented. Frankly, I could care less if 25* system is not introduced to GMS. If it IS introduced, then some equips like tinkerer, hilla's rage, FGR, etc. should NOT be rare as it is or even exist in those gamble machines.

You specifically highlighted the gach rings to be altered level wise, its in the title itself. It's no coincidence that you have said ring and you wanted a direct buff to it, otherwise you would have just made a general 25* warning thread. Also it doesn't matter if it should be rare or not its going to be devalued either way.
    Also, I have played since the pre-bb era. Not sure where you got your 80% statistics from, but I do agree that the introduction of the potential system drastically changed the game. I also think that was when the game started going downhill and Maple lost a lot of its player base. However, the DIFFERENCE between the previous and current change is monetary input and output. Compared to the introduction of the potential system, it takes much more NX, mesos, etc. to "perfect" your items or obtain BiS items. Therefore, a change that forces a player to change many of their equipment that they have spent much time and money on is not really favorable.

You'd still get to keep things like gollux equips, SW equips, sengoku badge, android heart etc, thats nearly half of the current BiS equipment. This is not the same as the potential system update, im actually underplaying it when I said 80%. Virtually all BiS equips like BWG/SCG, PAC, FS, Zhelm, etc we're devalued in that update. You'll be fine fam.
  • tnyzngtnyzng
    Reactions: 800
    edited June 2018
    [REMOVED]