[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Superior gollux ring in reboot server

JeminJemin
Reactions: 350

I have started this server in a few months. Like any other ring, the Superior gollux ring was lost during reinforcement. However, I have no way to recover this ring forever in my reboot server. I think at least some consideration should be given to special server like reboot server because players can not trade.

I'm sure many other reasonable other server users will not object to this issue. Because reboot server players also charge NX for pets, ornaments, and take on many disadvantages.

therefore, i think management team should consider giving reboot server players a way to regain these items periodically.
LShadow3jujuko12Kyosuke12ShadEightcrazyCyborgofferingsdoTheCheetamanSeanthepepeKevinJunioradideuand 5 others.

Comments

• jujuko12jujuko12
    Reactions: 530
    edited June 2018
    Why are reboot players restricted to purchase only 1 superior gollux ring from the shop? What benefit does this give that it forces players to delet their character and restart all over?
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2018
    Reboot and non-reboot should have access to Gollux shop restocks
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    it does seem like we need a way to address the gollux accessories if we should get 25 star.

I'd prefer they did something more interesting than simply restocking the shop though.

For example: what if the current 4 difficulties of gollux became collectively "normal gollux", and we added a new set of 4 difficulties known as "chaos gollux"?

Normal gollux's easy/normal/hard/hell would remain the same as current.

Chaos gollux would also have easy/normal/hard/hell which would drop ALL (that means belts, pendants, earrings, rings and all qualities cracked, solid, reinforced, superior) gollux items.

My vision would be that Chaos - Easy would be doable with only about 2x as much gear as norma - hellux. This would of course have the lowest drop rates of gear. From there we'd rapidly become more difficult to the point that chaos - hard and chaos - hell would absolutely require a full party.

Why would you not simply do easy gollux? The drop rate would be significantly higher for the each higher difficulty.

Aside from simply having more HP a chaos gollux mode could be an opportunity for new boss mechanics.

Ex:
    -Chaos gollux hands will hit you even if your character is "ducking". Meaning you must actually get away from the hands.
    -Gollux's currently active body part (jaw/eyes/gem) takes 25% less damage per living demon. (and the demons have LOTS of hp)
    -Laser eyes!
    -and more!
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    Reactions: 2,120
    edited June 2018
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    For example: what if the current 4 difficulties of gollux became collectively "normal gollux", and we added a new set of 4 difficulties known as "chaos gollux"?

we got hellux tho, so i dont think another "mode" is necessary. that and I DOUBT the GMS team could code a whole another mode for it lmfao. they could literally just put the rings into the drop table of the heart. or increase the price of ring/earrings when you buy it :V
    darik
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2018
    If they restock the shop, the rings would have to become non tradable
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    First of all; all gollux equips should be restockable in both reboot and regular servers Stop with the Reboot only or Regular servers only BS already!, people in this game should be united and not fight and try to "Find which server is better".
    If they restock the shop, the rings would have to become non tradable
    Second: I disagree with equips being untradeable; we have a lot of untradeable stuff in-game already, the opposite of what you say should become the reality , ALL equips in-game, use items, etc items, set-up items, and cash items should be fully tradeable Nothing should be Non-tradeable or tradeable only through the account.

I think the only reason as to why Gollux equpis are a 1-time buy, is because it might have originated from TMS ( Taiwan ) and as you may or may not know TMS has 25 Star Force and they can safeguard from stars 12 - 24 ( so they can go up to 25 Stars with no risk of booming, the only risk is that they will not have enough rent money ) using Maple Points and TMS is REALLY pro P2W ( So that means Easy 22-Star and no chance of boom as long as they Pay money ), now i'm not saying GMS should have Star Force with Maple Points safeguard; but the shop should act similarly to the AbsoLab and Arcane Umbra Shops.

Gollux ( he is known as Vellud in the other regions ) is present in every Non-KMS region except THMS and MSEA ( Thailand and South East Asia )

So i think the GMS dev team could work together with the other Non-KMS or Overseas MapleStory teams to either; Revamp Gollux in all Non-KMS regions where he is currently present or just make the shop function like the AbsoLab and Arcane Umbra Shops do, OH and add the pendants and belts to the shops; as well as the rings and earrings to the drop table of easy - hell gollux.
  • jujuko12jujuko12
    Reactions: 530
    edited June 2018
    Just lift the 1-purchase restriction for gollux equips in gollux shop. No need to overcomplicate it.
    DaxterbeerShadEightcrazyCyborgLShadow3zoutzakjedarikPride
  • offeringsdoofferingsdo
    Reactions: 420
    edited June 2018
    I destroyed my superior gollux ring during reinforcement, and had to restart my character after 3 months playing on it. This is not fair for reboot players because normal servers can buy multiple rings from other players.
    darikPride
  • levelcutlevelcut
    Reactions: 200
    Can an admin please acknowledge this and forward it to the uppers?
  • walkerrrwalkerrr
    Reactions: 270
    edited June 2018
    I just destroyed my superior ring during the last star force event. Now I have to remake my character after playing on it for 6 months. Or I can just quit the game :/
  • Kyosuke12Kyosuke12
    Reactions: 405
    edited June 2018
    Wait why did we have this restriction in the first place? Seems like Reboot players should be able to work for as many superior rings as they want. This is just punishing the players for playing the game lol
    levelcut
  • levelcutlevelcut
    Reactions: 200
    edited June 2018
    Kyosuke12 wrote: »
    Wait why did we have this restriction in the first place? Seems like Reboot players should be able to work for as many superior rings as they want. This is just punishing the players for playing the game lol

I totally agree. This is especially important since reinforced ring and superior gollux ring will be best in slot if 25 stars come out.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2018
    levelcut wrote: »
    Kyosuke12 wrote: »

I totally agree. This is especially important since reinforced ring and superior gollux ring will be best in slot if 25 stars come out.

I also believe the same should apply to Solid and Cracked Rings and Earrings (Don't ask me why Cracked items should regenerate too or tell me no one uses Cracked Gollux.) Gollux restocking is good for both Reboot and regular servers.
  • dancerx1dancerx1
    Reactions: 100
    OMG this change would be amazing. I think long overdue.
  • crazyCyborgcrazyCyborg
    Reactions: 415
    edited June 2018
    The whole gollux shop should be restockable. Doesn't make sense to allow one item and accidentally dropping/NPCing the item to cause you to have to restart your whole account.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Can you guys think of more interesting ways to re-earn lost gollux equips than simply restocking a shop?
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2018
    How do you accidentally drop a valuable item, nonetheless, if they were restocked shops, the market will flood with these valuables. So, it's not a bad thing. Unless youre trying to make mesos.
  • DarkZettaDarkZetta
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited June 2018
    This definitely needs to be a QoL change added to the game, especially if / when 25 stars come to GMS.
  • ProminisProminis
    Reactions: 1,220
    edited June 2018
    The same also applies to gollux earrings. I accidentally sold mine in Reboot after hammering it to change its cosmetics, then didn't notice for a day that I sold the wrong one (at the time I was still using the reinforced set bonus, as I hadn't acquired the drop parts of the superior set).

That was 1-2 years ago. There's still no way to acquire a second one. Even if they made it cost 1000 more coins for the second copy (and each one following), and only have one more copy available (i.e. stock of 2 or 3 rather than regular resets), I'd still take up that offer.
  • tnyzngtnyzng
    Reactions: 800
    edited June 2018
    [REMOVED]