[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Shadower] - In regards to the new Meso Explosion

LamatoLamato
Reactions: 1,190
edited October 2016 in Bug Reporting
-Copy/Paste from what I posted on Basil-

It just doesn't feel right. I've watched tons of KMS videos and most of them are able to continuously string multiple Assassinates together while also spamming ME without any pauses in between. I understand that ping may be a factor but multiple Shadowers I've spoken to have also noticed the exact same issues. This is leading me to believe that our ME is not functioning the same way as KMS's. It really hurts our DPS when we have to sacrifice a potential hit of Assassinate just to cast ME. If you cast ME first, you'll notice there's a small delay before you can attack with a different skill afterwards. I thought the skill was supposed to have no delay?

The best I can do with it now is only use ME at the exact time of the first hit of Assassinate then quickly go back to mashing Assassinate so I don't pause in between attacks. If I try to use ME after the second hit of Assassinate, it almost always results in a horrid pause in attack and really ruins the flow of the revamped skills (and DPS).

Perhaps this is how the skill worked all along and I'm just delusional, but it just doesn't feel fluid - it wasn't what I was expecting. I'm just assuming it's really just an issue with how GMS servers are compared to KMS (latency/ping). Maybe even the fact that GMS Shadowers can exceed the speed cap (0) unlike KMS Shadowers may also be a contributing factor instated by the GMS team(?) to maintain some sort of balance?

I would at least want to hear how Shadowers who have excellent ping/live near the servers are dealing with this.

Example video from a KMS Shadower:
http://tvpot.daum.net/v/v50aeVnJ3V0pJLddJQs4pap

Comments

• jasperliu0429jasperliu0429
    Reactions: 520
    edited October 2016
    The latest exciting shadower buff patch bring Meso explosion to zero CD and cast action but It is still not the way how it should work.
    Here is a video of recent KMS shad player, as you can see he can use ME while assassinate and ME won't stop him casting assasssinate. They work together smoothly.

However, In 177 GMS, you can use ME during assassinate no problem however assassinate will stop once ME is cast and there will be a half sec delay before assassinate can be used again. It causes tons of DPS loss and counters the purpose of hving ME with 0 delay and cast action.
    Hope this is a bug and shads players please upvote and let our voices be heard.

PS, I dont hv a current ME and assassinate combo video avaliable for comparison, if someone does, plz paste the link here and I will put it up.

Happy mapling guys
  • LamatoLamato
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited October 2016
    Yup, I made a thread about this too. The half-second delay after using ME in conjunction with Assassinate makes using the new ME not as viable as it could be. It really ruins the flow of how it feels to play Shadower compared to KMS. This change was something that me and many others were looking forward to.

The delay is much more noticeable if you first use ME then try to attack with any other attacking skill.

I have yet to make a comparison video, but I can provide a more clearer video that showcases how KMS's ME works:

As you can see, there are no pauses in between each cast of Assasinate when used in conjunction with Meso Explosion.

I hope this gets resolved or at least addressed soon!
    edited October 2016
    Lamato
    Lamato said:

Yup, I made a thread about this too. The half-second delay after using ME in conjunction with Assassinate makes using the new ME not as viable as it could be. It really ruins the flow of how it feels to play Shadower compared to KMS. This change was something that me and many others were looking forward to.

The delay is much more noticeable if you first use ME then try to attack with any other attacking skill.

I have yet to make a comparison video, but I can provide a more clearer video that showcases how KMS's ME works:

As you can see, there are no pauses in between each cast of Assasinate when used in conjunction with Meso Explosion.

Hope it will get addressed asap!
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited October 2016
    Please nexon fix this
    edited October 2016
    bump
  • JulyJuly
    edited October 2016
    here a video of GMS Shadower after patch 177 to compare:

I hope nexon wont throw this issue away to the bottom of their concerns list
    edited October 2016
    bump
    edited October 2016
    bump
    edited October 2016
    Lamato
    Lamato said:

Our post got merged, at least they know now
    edited November 2016
    bump
    edited November 2016
    bump
  • JulyJuly
    edited May 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    Has this been fixed yet?

nope
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    Might have to do with keyboard settings, and 2 keys being pressed at the same time. The new key stops first to execute the function of the second key pressed.