[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Auto-lower case

YinYangXYinYangX
Reactions: 3,995
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2018 in Bug Reporting
So not sure if I just missed it in the patch notes or something, but in certain situations, you can't say capital letters.

Bug type: system (?)

Brief bug summary: When chatting, capital letters get auto-corrected to lower cases in some situations (auto-lower case for all chat and skill-macro, no auto-lower for friend/ally chat, so I'm assuming anything with a speech bubble).

More details: Not a major bug but as a semi-ocd who types with caps and punctuations, it really bugs me seeing my sentences start with lower cases.
(anything not included in the other sections of your report)

Steps to reproduce: Try chatting with capital letters and notice that sometimes your letters get auto-corrected to lower case.

(if not covered in the summary)

Character name: Cygnus277

Character level: 228

Character job: Night Walker

World name: Scania

Date and time of the incident: June 22, 2018; ~4:00 game time.

(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    bump

Would appreciate at least some type of response.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Thank you for reporting this. Nexon has been informed.
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    *update: Party chat and /pet creates a chat bubble but still has capital letters. Smegas allow caps.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Not mentioned in the July 12, 2018 minor patch notes, but we are now able to use uppercase letters again in all chat.