[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Changing account email

bingogls2bingogls2
Reactions: 100
so i want to change my account email becase i forgot its pasword, the question is, the confirmation code get sent do the new mail or the old one?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    The confirmation is sent to the old one.
    I mean, think about it logically: would you want a hacker to be able to just click on "change email" and steal your account that way?

If you've lost the password to your email and can't recover it (most email services will help you do it), you can change the email through Nexon's Customer Support: http://support-maplestory.nexon.net
  • LyedenLyeden
    Reactions: 1,510
    edited June 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    The confirmation is sent to the old one.
    I mean, think about it logically: would you want a hacker to be able to just click on "change email" and steal your account that way?

If you've lost the password to your email and can't recover it (most email services will help you do it), you can change the email through Nexon's Customer Support: http://support-maplestory.nexon.net

Thats not true though,
    I just tried it with another account and the code was sent to the new email adress, if a hacker knows ur email and password your acc is easily stolen. So please forward that, would be nice to get us more secure.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2018
    The way I changed my email address was with support ticket, since they ask you to verify the account is yours with a bunch of info.
  • LyedenLyeden
    edited June 2018
    The way I changed my email address was with support ticket, since they ask you to verify the account is yours with a bunch of info.

But if you login via the site, and go to account, and change email you just simply type a new email adress and it sends the verification code to the new email. not the old one.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Lyeden wrote: »

But if you login via the site, and go to account, and change email you just simply type a new email adress and it sends the verification code to the new email. not the old one.

This sounds quite alarming. I'll inform Nexon.
  • LyedenLyeden
    edited June 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Lyeden wrote: »

This sounds quite alarming. I'll inform Nexon.

Thank you!