[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Superior gollux ring in reboot server

Comments

• crazyCyborgcrazyCyborg
    Reactions: 415
    edited June 2018
    How do you accidentally drop a valuable item, nonetheless, if they were restocked shops, the market will flood with these valuables. So, it's not a bad thing. Unless youre trying to make mesos.

Let's say you meant to double click the item to equip it then accidentally drop it. Let's say you're selling off pensalir gear and accidentally NPC your item and not notice. Let's say you forget to tick the "safeguard" box in the enhancement window and your item turns into a trace. There are so many possibilites.

We should not be punished so harshly for human error. Does it make sense that just by 1 small mistake, you have to restart your entire character even if you've been playing on it for 2 years? Why is the game so unforgiving? How does this encourage gameplay and make us want to spend money?
    loveGIRLFRIENDLShadow3Pride
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2018
    How do you accidentally drop a valuable item, nonetheless, if they were restocked shops, the market will flood with these valuables. So, it's not a bad thing. Unless youre trying to make mesos.

Let's say you meant to double click the item to equip it then accidentally drop it. Let's say you're selling off pensalir gear and accidentally NPC your item and not notice. Let's say you forget to tick the "safeguard" box in the enhancement window and your item turns into a trace. There are so many possibilites.

We should not be punished so harshly for human error. Does it make sense that just by 1 small mistake, you have to restart your entire character even if you've been playing on it for 2 years? Why is the game so unforgiving? How does this encourage gameplay and make us want to spend money?

To this I say, don't be in such a rush. People only make these "mistakes" like confusing pensalir for gollux? when theyre in a rush or not paying attention. But truthfully, I wouldn't mind being able to buy more than one superior item, since itll become worthless in terms of meso. But I find the reasoning behind it rather dumb. There's better reasons for having it be restocked than "accidentally selling to npc"
  • ProminisProminis
    Reactions: 1,220
    edited June 2018
    To this I say, don't be in such a rush. People only make these "mistakes" like confusing pensalir for gollux? when theyre in a rush or not paying attention. But truthfully, I wouldn't mind being able to buy more than one superior item, since itll become worthless in terms of meso. But I find the reasoning behind it rather dumb. There's better reasons for having it be restocked than "accidentally selling to npc"

Fusion anvils can make them look like fodder/trash. The issue also arises (and is strongest, imo) with things like starring and scrolls. This is purely random chance and is part of a recommended action for gear progression. You could say that in Reboot with stars, there is now the option to prevent gear destruction while starring for more mesos, but that fails to take into account anyone who boomed their gear before the changes.

Would you tell them that due to their bad luck or stupidity, their only option is to either opt for worse gear or restart on a new character? If there's a possible solution that doesn't negatively impact others, why not go for it?

These items weren't meant to be locked into this level of one-time accessibility. That's why they were made tradable. The issue is that on Reboot, you can never acquire a second, at present, no matter how many hours or dailies you're willing to slog through. Though if the initial stock was upped to two (presumably with a doubling or tripling or more of the price of the first one) without restocking the shop on regular intervals, its value wouldn't drop to zero. It'd drop for sure, but not to zero. This impact on the market for these items honestly depends on the implementation and it doesn't have to be as dramatic as you made it out to be (understandably, that was likely hyperbole).
    loveGIRLFRIENDPride
    edited June 2018
    There's no drama in saying they'll become worthless (in terms of mesos). No one said zero, just worthless. And again, I don't care if they do change this, I rather have access to them at cheaper price than access to expensive ones.
  • crazyCyborgcrazyCyborg
    Reactions: 415
    edited June 2018
    There's no drama in saying they'll become worthless (in terms of mesos). No one said zero, just worthless. And again, I don't care if they do change this, I rather have access to them at cheaper price than access to expensive ones.

I understand your concern that prices will drop but please realize that is an unavoidable part of the game. Remember when CRA armor first came out they were 1bil each? Gollux has been out just as long as CRA. it is only natural their prices drop.

Also keep in mind the original post was for REBOOT. Where there is no trading. And reason we wanted this never had to do with trading. We wanted it because it can allow one silly accident/unwitting individual to completely ruin his character and force him to start over.

Having to restart my character after one small mistake makes me want to quit, not buy more NX
    Pride
    edited June 2018

I understand your concern that prices will drop but please realize that is an unavoidable part of the game. Remember when CRA armor first came out they were 1bil each? Gollux has been out just as long as CRA. it is only natural their prices drop.

Also keep in mind the original post was for REBOOT. Where there is no trading. And reason we wanted this never had to do with trading. We wanted it because it can allow one silly accident/unwitting individual to completely ruin his character and force him to start over.

Having to restart my character after one small mistake makes me want to quit, not buy more NX

I'll only repeat this one more time, I said I would rather see them cheaper than expensive. How is it a concern when I want them to be cheaper. Jesus Christ.

If they change it in reboot, they'll have to change it in regular servers, which I wouldn't mind as well.
  • loveGIRLFRIENDloveGIRLFRIEND
    Reactions: 230
    edited June 2018
    Love how it's been 4 years since reboot came out and we still haven't had this fixed yet. Come on guys.
  • LShadow3LShadow3
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    As someone who just lost Superior Earrings in Reboot due to a once in a lifetime situation of lag, it's quite disheartening. After 3 years of effort, this wouldn't be so bad. In KMS, nothing that's BiS is only obtainable once, even in Reboot. Yes, having to recube and re-star in exchange for human error is a high punishment, but at least no one is gated eternally for a mistake.
  • loveGIRLFRIENDloveGIRLFRIEND
    Reactions: 230
    edited June 2018
    LShadow3 wrote: »
    As someone who just lost Superior Earrings in Reboot due to a once in a lifetime situation of lag, it's quite disheartening. After 3 years of effort, this wouldn't be so bad. In KMS, nothing that's BiS is only obtainable once, even in Reboot. Yes, having to recube and re-star in exchange for human error is a high punishment, but at least no one is gated eternally for a mistake.

I'm sorry for your loss. This just hurts the players. How hard is it to implement it that we haven't gotten this change in 3 years?
    offeringsdoLShadow3
  • offeringsdoofferingsdo
    Reactions: 420
    edited June 2018
    I submitted a ticket about my ring. It's been 2 weeks and still no response. Why not avoid all the hassle and just let us restock? I can't think of a plausible reason against this other than just pure apathy. Please believe this is important especailly when 25 stars come out
  • adideuadideu
    Reactions: 100
    completely agree with this. What was the reason they refused this suggestion 4 years ago when Reboot first came out?
  • LShadow3LShadow3
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    I've played Reboot since literal release in December of 2015 and have reached really high endgame.

Anviled earrings, had it unlocked for flames, and accidentally sold it due to server lag and the extreme speed of the transaction. Unless 25-stars comes, I'm literally gated from heavy endgame content with 3+ years worth of effort down the drain.

Arwoo and SavageAce have both said they didn't think this non-restocking thing made sense in Reboot last year during the community event: so why isn't anything done about it?
    adideu
  • adideuadideu
    edited June 2018
    LShadow3 wrote: »
    I've played Reboot since literal release in December of 2015 and have reached really high endgame.

Anviled earrings, had it unlocked for flames, and accidentally sold it due to server lag and the extreme speed of the transaction. Unless 25-stars comes, I'm literally gated from heavy endgame content with 3+ years worth of effort down the drain.

Arwoo and SavageAce have both said they didn't think this non-restocking thing made sense in Reboot last year during the community event: so why isn't anything done about it?

If that happened to me I would quit. Can we please do something about this?
  • SevienSevien
    Reactions: 455
    edited June 2018
    I think restocking is a good Idea but I would also like to suggest an alternate:
    Allow you to 'restore' an item trace into a useable item, removing everything (starforce/pot/flames etc.) and make it untradeable (moot if this is a reboot only solution). If you really wanted to you could even say this doesnt apply to supererior gear. This would allow you not only to get back gollux equips, but other once only items as well (like the GSE badge for example)
    adideu
  • TheCheetamanTheCheetaman
    Reactions: 410
    edited June 2018
    Adding to what has been said here already, it doesn't really makes sense to put the option to 15 star an item that you can't get back in reboot. Why should we even risk losing the item and restarting the character for the miniscule stat gain that the 15th star gives?

If they change it in reboot, they'll have to change it in regular servers, which I wouldn't mind as well.
    Why would they have to change it in regular servers if they change it in reboot? It's not nearly as big of an issue in regular servers than in reboot. They don't need to change something in one server solely based on the fact that they did it in the other.
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Reactions: 2,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    I think it's more fair making the gollux shop items more expensive if you need to buy it again.

just restocking wouldn't be fair, but at the same time knowing players do make mistakes and not punishing them for it would be nice.

just doubling the price of the items in the gollux shop would be fair in my opinion :T from 160 to 320 to 640 to 1280 coins

it might seem expensive but it's better than not being able to get one :/
  • adideuadideu
    edited June 2018
    HoneyWater wrote: »
    I think it's more fair making the gollux shop items more expensive if you need to buy it again.

just restocking wouldn't be fair, but at the same time knowing players do make mistakes and not punishing them for it would be nice.

just doubling the price of the items in the gollux shop would be fair in my opinion :T from 160 to 320 to 640 to 1280 coins

1280 coins would take about 40-45 days. Think carefully about what you're saying. Just restock with the same price. In the normal servers, you spend money to buy a new ring. The ring doesn't get more expensive after each copy. In reboot, you spend time to buy a new ring. The ring shouldn't double in price every time you want to buy a new one.

Bottomline is there is no logical reason to overly punish players for trying to advance in the game and star forcing their items. The second absolab knuckle doesn't cost twice the coins. The second fafnir weapon doesn't cost twice the badges. The second arcane umbra weapon doesn't cost twice the Lucid coins. There shouldn't be any compromise to this. Let the players have gollux restocks. We deserve it and it should have been done when Reboot first came out.
  • LShadow3LShadow3
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    I don't care about the the price or method. I just want to be able to buy a second one and not be eternally gated. As long as Rebooters can actually GET replacements, I'm happy.
  • ZelpexRebootZelpexReboot
    Reactions: 570
    edited June 2018
    Please make this possible!
    This would help Reboot out a lot, especially if 25* beccomes a thing.
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Reactions: 2,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    adideu wrote: »
    HoneyWater wrote: »

1280 coins would take about 40-45 days. Think carefully about what you're saying. Just restock with the same price. In the normal servers, you spend money to buy a new ring. The ring doesn't get more expensive after each copy. In reboot, you spend time to buy a new ring. The ring shouldn't double in price every time you want to buy a new one.

Bottomline is there is no logical reason to overly punish players for trying to advance in the game and star forcing their items. The second absolab knuckle doesn't cost twice the coins. The second fafnir weapon doesn't cost twice the badges. The second arcane umbra weapon doesn't cost twice the Lucid coins. There shouldn't be any compromise to this. Let the players have gollux restocks. We deserve it and it should have been done when Reboot first came out.

there should be no punishment for players that are trying to advance in the game and star forcing their items, but right now the games isn't that way. The game is making gollux ring, and earrings one per person. So they can't really get a 2nd chance, and i'm sure the game made it that way for that reason. to punish the players...
    so more than not being able to buy another one, maybe just doubling the coin it takes to gain another one, so it would be saying "hey.. it's ok to make mistakes, but try not to do it again, or be more careful next time" the reason why i want it to double is so players would be careful about star forcing it to 15 stars, and for it to still feel like it's one per person, somewhat (ok possibly the ring and earrings could get cheaper in the AH since 320 wouldn't take a whole month of hellux to get anyways) but it's still trying to prevent you from just getting to 15 stars without no worries, while it forgives players for making mistakes.

i'm just trying to keep it the way the game makers were trying to keep it :/

and you're just mean telling me i didn't think carefully about what i said. how dare you ASSUME

latest?cb=20160924231228