[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ark discussion

Comments

• ZerpZerp
    Reactions: 390
    edited July 2018
    Definitely too many. And the worst part is: none of them are skippable.
    Mascarade
  • MascaradeMascarade
    Reactions: 1,210
    edited July 2018
    Totally agree! I left the first night I tried to play the char, I was just going to log on, get my ark box take out some items for the ark and dc thinking I'd be ready to play the next day.. umm like 20 mins later I just quit game... where is that option ? SKIP SKIP SKIP ...
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    One thing that bummed me out was that even though Ark is Pirate class, his inventory space is abysmal. So, that is one thing I would change, give him the master of swimming organization, which expands inventory.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Actually that's Master of Organization.
    edited July 2018
    thanks
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    My only complain is his main mobbings skill cooldown is so annoying.
    I mean it loses its cooldown when in specter mode but its muscle memory to use it in flora mode.

Also i think they should rework the battle frenzy passive.
    The faster skill chaining is nonexistant and i thought it would work like cadenas stacks.
    I also find he needs 1 or 2 more skills for variation.
    edited July 2018
    I use the cube for mobbing, this is my sequence in flora mode: jump cast scarlet drive into gust, the 3rd job drive that goes diagonal (directional keys depending if it's only one platform or two) (also since it moves you around, if you want to just stay in place use directional keys) then the 4th job cube drive then the claw one with the cool down that's spammable in spectre

pretty much, ark is all mobbing as he has no single target attack, I'll see if I can record what I'm talking about
    edited July 2018
    Here's my sequence; it doesn't fully illustrate the efficiency as they get one shot, even with the normal flora attack, due to Ark's power.

• walkerrrwalkerrr
    Reactions: 270
    edited July 2018
    the class is just a more complicated version of shade
  • VM9797VM9797
    Reactions: 920
    edited July 2018
    I find this class incredibly fun. I really like the effects and the playstyle, and the story. People like to compare it to shade but in my opinion the only thing they share is both of them being pirates. And maybe the spectres. Being complicated is fun to me. The main selling point of Ark and Cadena for me is the variety of skills. I also really like that I'm encouraged to use the previous job skills. And unlike many other jobs, these skills have a very nice AoE and great damage boost, therefore it's not a pain in the butt. (This is completely personal opinion but for example I find Mercedes linking trash, because her prev job skills are useless in 4th job. Just simply not viable)
    Another thing I really love about Ark is the mobility. Fast speed, vertical and horizontal flash jumps, 2x flash in Spectre mode. Unstoppable Instinct also helps a lot while mobbing. It's convenient to reach for mobs a few platforms above.
    I use my spell bullets on auto mode, but if you 1-hit the mobs, it can be quite frustrating if the spell fails to hit the target, therefore you won't get the buff. So a bit of management is needed. Also +buff duration helps a lot.
    It's been only 5 days but I'm pretty sure it's one of my favorite jobs so far (and I have ALL classes level 140+). Mobbing is godly, skills look amazing, bossing is also viable. I think that since Illium (illium included) Nexon managed to design some really enjoyable and unique classes. Way to go!
    Mambic
    edited July 2018
    Ark has a lot of mechanics to it, it has either Evan's magic dust which you manually set off, or AB's soul seeker with the auto trigger missiles. It also reminds me of Kaiser with the transformation and the swords/daggers. Shade's spirit claw and Cadena's animation canceling skill linking. It also reminds me of Demon Slayer with all the AoE attacks.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Semi-for discussion semi-for bug reporting purposes, but did anyone get the fishing tutorial quest on Ark?

And anyone else notice how in the video clip, Ark has heterochromia while still in military training (pre-specter ritual)?
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Mhh guys, I think I noticed a problem with plain/basic charge drive.
    When you have alot of attack speed, it gets impossible linking skills with basic chsrge drive.
    KevinJunior
  • KevinJuniorKevinJunior
    Reactions: 520
    edited July 2018
    Mhh guys, I think I noticed a problem with plain/basic charge drive.
    When you have alot of attack speed, it gets impossible linking skills with basic chsrge drive.

This.
    When using a rune of swiftness combined with knuckle booster (and Battle Frenzy stacks and Gust Charge Drive buff? I'm not sure), chaining Basic Charge Drive gets messed up. I haven't tried it with other attack speed boosters or with chaining Endless Dream while in specter mode, though.

Anyways, for the discussion, I love Ark so far. The mobbing, mobility, and complexity are fantastic. However, specter mode uptime feels a tad bit short to me. It feels like you're in specter mode for less than a third of the time you spend mobbing. Maybe its balanced that way, but its a little unsatisfying :P

Also, I wish that Basic Charge Drive would change across job advances, in the same way that the Endless Nightmare/Dream skills increased in range from 1st to 4th job. Basic Charge Drive's attack range and visual effects feel very underwhelming late game, which is pretty relevant since you use it so often to chain into Ark's other skills.
    foussiremix