[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Pendant of the Spirit Spam

YinYangXYinYangX
Reactions: 3,995
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: game item (message)

Brief bug summary: Pendant of the Spirit now gives a message every minute (when charged [?]) instead of just at the hours it get advance charges/when you change channel/move from CS/AH.

More details:

(anything not included in the other sections of your report)

Steps to reproduce:
1. Equip a Pendant of the Spirit.
2. Let it charge for 1hr.
3. Wait a few minutes and notice that you get the Pendant of the Spirit message every minute.

(if not covered in the summary)

Character name: Cygnus277

Character level: 228

Character job: Night Walker

World name: Scania

Date and time of the incident: June 22, 2018 ~0:00-2:00 game time

(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    bump
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Bug type: Text/timer/buff/item

Brief bug summary:
    When equipped with the pendant of spirit, you will get a reminder of how much EXP it rewards every single minute, even when out of combat. This seems a bit excessive and I don't recall it doing that before. It also causes a small lagspike after the reminder.

More details: It's accompanied by the flashing buff icon in the top right, and does not change when ccing. Unsure if it'll remind every minute for the other tiers of EXP or just the maximum (30%).
    uM9BVPp.jpg

Steps to reproduce:

Equip pendant of spirit
    (Wait until it's been equipped for +2 hours?)
    You will be notified of the EXP charge in your chatbar every minute

Character name: Patter

Character level: 206

Character job: Ark

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: 7/2 6:50 AM PST
    Possibly related to the recent change that keeps your pendant charged even when logging out.

Oh, merge with http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/20373/pendant-of-the-spirit-spam/p1 please.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    bump
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Ty for the merge note, irks me when ppl repost bugs (though not so much this time cause my bug report was like all the way on the third page, xd).
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »
    bump

Since you seem so keen on mini-modding other forumers, you must know that bumping your thread is against the forum's code of conduct. Please refrain from it.

This issue has been forwarded.
    HHG1
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    YinYangX wrote: »
    bump

Since you seem so keen on mini-modding other forumers, you must know that bumping your thread is against the forum's code of conduct. Please refrain from it.

This issue has been forwarded.

Apologies, then what is the proper procedure if a bug report is completely ignored, since we aren't suppose to make repeat threads, bump, or necro?
    *Assumption that a post that isn't replied to is either being ignored or overlooked because it ends up buried too deep.

*EDIT: or by technicality is commenting "Reply please/could we get an update on this bug" different from "bumping"?
    *EDIT: And asking for future bug reports, not just this one, since most ppl would probably by reporting it after Monday Hot Week
    *Edit: And yes, I realize I bumped in a short period of time, which I apologize for and not planning to do so again.
    Starcain
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    This is still an issue after the July 12, 2018 patch. Any update on the issue?