[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Glitches and bugs

AlwaysSilverAlwaysSilver
Reactions: 600
edited June 2018 in Bug Reporting
Nothing in ellinia is bad as far as I know...
Perion glitches: blair npc doesn't work
Bug the taxi npc takes you inside the nautilus...
Puppeteer cave is locked idk if it needs a prequest
Bug south rocky mountain perion southern ridge right bottom portal says there is nothing there and doesn't go anywhere...
Bug maplestory truck is unclickable
Bug no amoria PQ
map inside dances with balrog warrior sanctuary is closed or missing..
Some maps in leafre and temple of time don't drop drops like money/etc/equips
In flag race the only glitch is when you type it telecasts in small letters...
Not sure if this is wrong but the mr. smith blacksmith doesn't allow you to make things?
Glitch phantoms skill that shoots out cubes is glitched it only shoots on when the character is on the ground...
Kerning glitches: Mr. pickall doesn't end chat and continue talking..
Matthias is an unknown npc in kerning...
Dark lord is glitched secret conversation goes nowhere...
Kerning city hideout portal is under repairs
Lith harbor Gold richie doesn't do the trade
Henesys has nothing wrong with it so says another GM

-Always,
Silver

Comments

• AlwaysSilverAlwaysSilver
    edited July 2018
    Rein npc yulia does nothing?
    Maha spirit of polearm does nothing
    Blair still doesn't work
    Puo instructor penguin does not allow gow to train in the penguin training center
    Ice wolf map on snow island dangerous forest doesn't work
    Sleepywood
    Mike npc doesn't take you to the dungeon
    secondary weapon doesn't have bandit job weapons
    Dug npc doesn't give out a quest and is in 2 places in sleepy wood
    Glitched: flash jump and haste is slower
    Dame appropriation doesn't take you to the Legion
    Glitch mr wetbottom is in 3 places is outside the sauna
    Glitch one of the quests for christrama undoes itself and you have to reclick it
    Glitch mr wetbottom has no quests inside the sauna
    Gold beach:
    tofu npc is unclickable
    Glitch little richie doesn't have a quest and I think he's in the wrong place
    Glitch npc ralphio is on a ledge with monsters and doesn't have a quest and is on 2 maps like that
    the innertube npc caddy is the same way it just makes the game look fugly
    swanson resort manager doesn't have a quest and is amid monsters too
    Shanghai
    npc chen deoming farmer doesn't have a quest
    police officer npc doesn't have a cutscreen but it just doesn't doesn't go anywhere
    trapped man npc is the cutest man npc I've ever seen and it has no quest
    Shanghai garden npc merchants only give out level 60 equips and weapons and it's a level 140 place
    and the quests don't show it's an empty town [cool town though]
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Rein npc yulia does nothing?
    Maha spirit of polearm does nothing
    Blair still doesn't work
    Puo instructor penguin does not allow gow to train in the penguin training center
    Ice wolf map on snow island dangerous forest doesn't work
    Sleepywood
    Mike npc doesn't take you to the dungeon
    secondary weapon doesn't have bandit job weapons
    Dug npc doesn't give out a quest and is in 2 places in sleepy wood
    Glitched: flash jump and haste is slower
    Dame appropriation doesn't take you to the Legion
    Glitch mr wetbottom is in 3 places is outside the sauna
    Glitch one of the quests for christrama undoes itself and you have to reclick it
    Glitch mr wetbottom has no quests inside the sauna
    Gold beach:
    tofu npc is unclickable
    Glitch little richie doesn't have a quest and I think he's in the wrong place
    Glitch npc ralphio is on a ledge with monsters and doesn't have a quest and is on 2 maps like that
    the innertube npc caddy is the same way it just makes the game look fugly
    swanson resort manager doesn't have a quest and is amid monsters too
    Shanghai
    npc chen deoming farmer doesn't have a quest
    police officer npc doesn't have a cutscreen but it just doesn't doesn't go anywhere
    trapped man npc is the cutest man npc I've ever seen and it has no quest
    Shanghai garden npc merchants only give out level 60 equips and weapons and it's a level 140 place
    and the quests don't show it's an empty town [cool town though]

Maha is technically an NPC that should only interact with Arans.
    What makes you think Mike is suppose to take you to the dungeon? (Jw, which "dungeon" are you referring to?)
    Dame Appropriation never took you to the Dragon Raid Legion map.
    Which quest does Little Richie not have and where is he suppose to be?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2018
    • Yulia corresponds to the Tinkerer's event. If you win multiple Tinkerer's shoulder from Marvel Machine, you can speak with Yulia to combine/upgrade them.
    • Maha interacts with Aran.
    • Blair is the package delivery NPC. She's primarily legacy content, though apparently still useful for GMs delivering compensation.
    • Puo interacts with Aran.
    • I believe the Ice Wolf map (Cold Forest?) is also for Aran. If you're looking to complete the Rien exploration achievement, you'll have to create an Aran to do so (remember: achievements are shared within the account).
    • Mike is legacy content (no active quests that I can see). However, there is no "dungeon" to take your character to.
    • I'm not sure what "secondary weapon doesn't have bandit job weapons" means, I'm going to guess you're talking about the secondary weapon shop, but a Bandit's secondary weapon is either a Dagger Scabbard or a thief Shield. I have not bought any Shadower secondaries, so I cannot confirm if they are in the shop.
    • Dug is a Beast Tamer NPC. Beast Tamer has several NPCs scattered throughout the world (for example, Non-Von Leon in El Nath).
    • I'm not sure what you mean by Haste and Flash Jump being slower. You may be lagging, which can cause Flash Jump to react slowly, but otherwise I'm not sure what you mean.
    • Dame Appropriation does not take you to the Legion raid. To get to the Legion raid, click on the menu button (the same one used to get to the Auction House) and select "Manage Legion", then select "Enter Raid".
    • Can you specify where Mr. Wetbottom is? Nexon moved him outside of the Sauna so that the Secret Book questline is a bit faster, however to my knowledge that is the only place he is.
    • Tofu is not unclickable (I just did the quest on my Ark), however I will note that in the past the hitbox has been difficult to work with. As a countermeasure, you can walk up to Tofu and press the "NPC chat/Harvest" key (default: space bar) to speak with him.
    • You would need to specify the quest you are trying to complete with Little Richie. There is one part of the Gold Beach questline where he returns to the main resort, which I have also found to trip me up on occasion (you need to kill both Starfish and Seashell Octopuses before completing the quest).
    • I have not encountered the Ralphio NPC appearing in multiple locations. Multiple issues with NPCs and such indicates to me a DLL corruption; if this repeatedly occurs for you, you might try a full shutdown of your computer.
    • The inner tube caddy NPC only appears on one map, and does not move. It does, however, change from empty to full once you complete the quest.
    • I have not encountered Swanson among monsters. You should try a full shutdown.
    • I am not familiar with the Shanghai questlines. You should try a full shutdown just to be sure.
    • I'm not sure what you mean by the police officer NPC (which police officer?) not having a cutscene, but also not going anywhere. Please be more specific.
    • If Trapped Man is involved in any quests, I do not believe he gives any of them. I cannot confirm anything about this.
    • NPC merchants do not necessarily give out items according to area level. Level 140 equips, I.E. Pensalir, is obtained from hunting monsters near your level.
    • I'm not sure what you mean by the "quests not showing it's an empty town". You'd have to be more specific.

Many of your issues seem to indicate a DLL corruption, however I cannot be sure. A full shutdown may resolve these issues easily. It's also good to get into a habit of shutting down your computer periodically to help avoid issues that crop up from leaving it on for so long.
    If this does not resolve the issues, please say so.
    YinYangX
    edited July 2018
    Glitch guild kick messages don't appear
    Glitch in leafre when you type out loud words don't appear correctly
    Nana k npc is hiding behind a rock
    maybe glitched npc is missing in leafre chiefs house
    guild's don't accumilate exp for just being online anymore? [ and it's too hard to get a guild emblem]
    edited July 2018
    Forum bug if you click enter in the subtitle the forum post dies
    Orbis park left portal doesn't open
    isn't earned contribution supposed to be fame? it doesn't fame after quests now
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    You're gonna have to follow the Bug Reporting guidelines and post a more detailed thread for each bug so it's easier for Nexon to process them.

I can tell you right now though that the +1 contribution from quests is not supposed to be fame. It's added to your guild contribution (max 5000 contribution per day). But there are several quests that reward fame as well.
    edited July 2018
    Neville npc words underneath are unreadable
    monster park laku merchant words are hiding behind another npc
    unenterable door on orbis tower 5th floor
    mesos don't drop in orbis and in el nath
    El nath
    legion npc is unreadable hiding behind a tree
    Alcaster glitch quest keeps appearing and the zombies travelled to has a 80 kill number that doesn't show the secrets behind the contrast of darkness 120 quest
    the portal beside jenn's brother npc isn't working can't go in
    glitch on flag race invisable portal that take you nowhere?
    Lion kings castle portals I can't get it without a key and monsters don't drop anything
    Ludibrium
    no quests appear for the fantasy theme world
    cash shop glitch lags and almost crashes glitched exiting and entering it blinks twice
    Elin forest
    glitch in elin forest the party quest takes you to the map of all the party quests
    [I think you should put back all the party quests and then Ludi maze party quest for mesos because of the mesos shortage]
    elin forest rocky mountain cave cave entrance is ungoable npc rius doesn't have a quest npc shadrion doesn't have a quest mesos don't drop in elin forest
    Altaire camp tenthouse 2 sion and crawls with balrog don't have quests and a ledge that covers your ign
    basically all npcs in elin forest are glitched and don't give out quests
    Ludibrium
    no quests appear for the fantsy theme world

edited July 2018
    ark present doesn't give out hair changing coupon
    hene npc for random takes you into the cash shop instead of changing your hair then changes it
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited July 2018
    1. Neville is the Secondary Weapon salesman. The text below him reads "Secondary Weapon Vendor". I cannot confirm his text being unreadable. If it is, it's a minor graphical glitch, and does not occur everywhere.
    2. I can confirm that Laku's NPC description is partially obscured by NPC Mary
    3. If you are referring to this door, I believe this is used in Evan's questline. Not all portals are open for all characters at all times. Both of the other portals on this floor are working fine.
    4. Please tell us your character's level. If you are over-leveled for the area, monsters will not drop mesos and your EXP gained will be reduced. Attacking monsters when this is the case will produce a message in green text stating as such. In addition, if the area has a cursed rune on it (signified by a purple message stating as such), you will need to activate the rune currently on the map in order to restore your EXP/drop rate on this map.
    5. I can confirm that NPC Pancho's name and description is hidden behind one of the tree sprites, yes.
    6. You are going to need to be more specific regarding which quests you're talking about and why they're broken. I don't understand what you mean by "zombies travelled to has a 80 kill number that doesn't show the secrets behind the contrast of darkness 120 quest"
    7. That portal is a part of Kanna's questline.
    8. You are going to need to be more specific. What invisible portal? What part of Flag Race?
    9. The portals at the top of each tower are a part of the Lion King's Castle theme dungeon questline. You will only ever enter these portals once in the questline. You do need to have NPC Jenn create a key out of gathered materials for each tower during this questline. If you are on this questline, you will need to specify what part of the questline you are on. See point (4) for a potential explanation of drop rate.
    10. The quest for starting the Fantasy Theme World dungeon is called Dylan's Story, and should appear in the lightbulb tab at level 120.
    11. I cannot replicate this glitch. I would recommend a full shutdown of your computer, as I specified on your previous thread.
    12. The Forest of Poison Haze party quest can be accessed via the crossworld party quest area, if it is on the current crossworld PQ rotation. This is intentional.
    13. To start the Ellin Forest questline, you can accept the quest "Invitation to Ellin Forest" at level 95 in the lightbulb tab. Having completed the questline, the door opens for me. Please see point (4) regarding drops.
    14. Both NPC Sion and NPC Crawls with Balrog are part of the Ellin Forest questline. Be aware that not all NPCs interact with the player all the time.

This is your 5th thread compiling minor glitches/bugs, all of which are very undetailed and confusing. For example, you never followed up on my previous comment in this thread requesting you be more specific and attempt solutions (such as a full shutdown). Your other thread was essentially spam and an attempt to flamebait and was as such locked and hidden.

If you are going to continue compiling such threads please limit them to one thread. Do not spam repeatedly. In addition, please make your bug reports as detailed and clear as possible; we're not mind-readers and cannot always understand everything you've written. Many of your issues are minor graphical issues which, are intentional, or may be the result of other issues (I.E. DLL corruption), so please keep that in mind.
    YinYangX
    edited July 2018
    Orbis ticketing usher Agatha and npc irene doesn't give out tickets or transport you places
    Mu lung
    invisable npc that shows up on the map in the mu lung temple
    hackers in elin forest and mu lung to fast to report
    glitch on leasure look black the pink hairdo shows and it came from default after you click it shows that hairdo
    in mu lung the secondary weapon seller neveille is covered over you can't see it

Korean folk town
    npc tree cutter doesn't have a quest plus is unclickable map tiger forest 2 monsters in KFT doesn't drop drops of equips/mesos/etc
    Ariant
    glitch first time you click on the portal to go to ariant from orbis it takes you to mu lung then 2nd time takes you ariant
    commerci republic
    sospetto forest crossroads left portal doesn't enter
    edited July 2018
    Ludi
    npc sarah and tara doesn't make gloves or shoes they just repair stuff...
    edited July 2018
    eldestien portal in city doesn't take you to go anywhere

in hair salons they don't show all the hair colors and on reg preview they don't show the real reg hairdos
    in eldestien all the npcs don't give out quests
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited July 2018
    I've merged all of your threads into a single thread.

As I pointed out before: spamming threads is against the rules. All of your threads and the replies to them fit on a single page (and some posts could even be combined on their own), and none of them are any more detailed than they were when you first posted. You also haven't replied to a single thread with any requested clarification or information.

As per your three additional threads since my last comment:
    • Agatha is legacy content from when the flying ships cost mesos. Irene does sell tickets: to go to Singapore, select the option "I would like to buy a plane ticket" and after paying the 300,000 meso fee select the "Singapore" option; to travel to Malaysia, simply select the "Malaysia" option (you do not need to buy a ticket to go to Malaysia); to travel to Mushroom Shrine, select the "I would like to buy a plane ticket" option and then select the "Mushroom Shrine" option. All areas cost 300,000 mesos, and it should be noted that you can travel to Mushroom Shrine for free by speaking with NPC Perry in Six Paths Crossway.
    • I believe you are referring to Entrance of Sealed Shrine? This is likely a character-specific NPC, though I cannot confirm which.
    • You can use the menu button on the bottom-right screen to open the report menu, which gives you access to a drop-down menu of all characters currently in the map. In addition, you can report an individual map by taking a screenshot and sending a ticket.
    • I do not understand what you are trying to convey with "the pink hairdo shows and it came from default after you click it shows that hairdo"
    • I can confirm NPC Neville is partially covered by the Maple Television, however it's only partially (and the television being present at all is its own bug)
    • NPC Tree Cutter is involved in the main Korean Folk Town questline, specifically the Stone of Greed. Please see the explanations in my above posts for issues pertaining to monsters not dropping items.
    • Cannot confirm. Taking the portal from Orbis Station Entrance to the Ariant platform works fine. The option to go to Mu Lung is right above the option to go to Ariant, however; you may have accidentally clicked the wrong option.
    • Cannot confirm. All portals in Sospetto Forest: Crossroads work fine. You may have to complete the Commerci theme dungeon to proceed, however.
    • NPC Sara and Tara have never "made" items. This is legacy content related to items with durability, the same as Mr. Thunder in Perion.
    • You need to specify which portal in Edelstein. Again, please see above comments; not all portals are open to all characters all the time.
    • Different hair salons across Maple World have different styles for regular coupons. This is intentional.
    • Again, please see above comments: not all NPCs give quests all the time. Some do not give quests at all, and are instead there to provide background.
  • FynixxFynixx
    Reactions: 200
    edited July 2018
    Ariant Desert Desert Mist drops during mobs but counter does not acknowledge it on quest helper or inventory. after at least 30 desert mists dropping and my pet picking them up my quest helper counter is still at zero. I am on the last learning the culture of ariant quest...a boy loves his rose and cannot move forward because I cannot aquire desert mist despite having picked it up multiple times above the 5 bottles needed.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Fynixx wrote: »
    Ariant Desert Desert Mist drops during mobs but counter does not acknowledge it on quest helper or inventory. after at least 30 desert mists dropping and my pet picking them up my quest helper counter is still at zero. I am on the last learning the culture of ariant quest...a boy loves his rose and cannot move forward because I cannot aquire desert mist despite having picked it up multiple times above the 5 bottles needed.

Please make a separate Bug Reporting thread for this issue, and follow the Guidelines.
    edited July 2018
    No exp on phantom class training at leatty's I lost 0.04%
    Can't transfer clothes to phantom thru the cash shop and certain classes
    Two people that are my mortal enemies said they hacked my game accounts and dropped my stuff please ban them idk their igns should I say their names?

IDEA: A NEXON CASH ITEM THAT YOU USE TO GET BACK LOST HAIRDOS AND LOST EQUIPS AND STUFF WHEN YOU WERE HACKED!
    edited July 2018
    on maplestory the hairdos and eyes can not be saved on hair salon