[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Privacy when buying gacha or boxes

YoongiYoongi
Reactions: 1,735
edited June 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Whenever a user buys something from the gachapon, style boxes, etc, the winnings are announced to everyone on the server.
I think this feature should be optional, as not everyone wants to broadcast what they are doing (or what they got) to everyone else. I know some people may see the announcements as no big deal, but I'm a more private person and like the option of being able to hide what I'm doing.
Can this be an optional feature please?
JulyNeonTwilightSlicedTimeAurstScyroseHoneyWater

Comments

• warren890warren890
    Reactions: 100
    Me personally I think this is necessary to tempt people to buy more NX. You can always buy these on a separate character and transfer it to your main.
  • AurstAurst
    Reactions: 400
    edited July 2018
    Yeah it would be nice to have a box where you can tick and thus, no announcements out to the server.
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited July 2018
    The feature can get a bit annoying, especially when stuff starts clogging my message log. Still, the basis of gacha is gamblimg. And the thought behind the messages is "if person A sees person B winning, then person A now feels (however slightly) more inclined to try their luck at winning."

It's the same thing with lottery winners and why some states in the US refuse anonymity and other states want winners to do interviews and such. Unfortunately when personal preference clashes with profit, profit always wins.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    Especially if you get a Frenzy Totem in marvel, you wouldnt want hackers to know.