[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hero Class viable?

KynoykKynoyk
So I’ve spent the past week leveling a Hero to 150, and it’s been pretty fun. However, the mobbing skills aren’t so great so I’ve been starting to wonder, is Hero viable?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2018
    All classes are "viable" in the strictest sense. You're better off playing something you enjoy playing, regardless of damage.

Heroes aren't good mobbers, but they are good bossers. Once you reach 5th job, the Worldreaver skill should add to your mobbing.
  • zz2020zz2020
    Reactions: 920
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    burning soul blade is a far more important addition to your mobbing than worldreaver. the extra range on the enhanced raging blow allows you to become a pretty good mobber and on some maps you can place it as a summon and let it kill stuff.

watch this video and the others in the playlist to see how hero mobbing is in 5th job
  • RavecRavec
    Reactions: 100
    Kynoyk wrote: »
    So I’ve spent the past week leveling a Hero to 150, and it’s been pretty fun. However, the mobbing skills aren’t so great so I’ve been starting to wonder, is Hero viable?

Hero is also currently the big fat number 1 best job in the game when it comes to sheer damage output while bossing, I'd say that makes them very viable.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited July 2018
    Hero 5th job is definitively better than pre 5th. I would say decent, but excel in certain maps.

As Hero main, I was able to clear stage 100-110 in Dream Defender with 32k STR buffed, but had high stars on tyrant enough to be able hitting 10m range clean at that time.

Hero is also good in Spirit Savior mainly because of Combo Fury. I am also the first Hero getting 22,500. Last night I was close to get my second 22,500 but then my frame dropped for no reason o-0

As little bonus here xD Low damage hard magnus solo lol, Lv1 nodes too of course. Hero is one of these classes having good time at this boss XD