[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Jett Bugs that need to be addressed

SummerMistSummerMist
Reactions: 530
edited May 2018 in Bug Reporting
I know it says that I shouldn't post multiple bugs into 1 thread but making 1 separate thread for every bug is ridiculously long for me and as you can see there is many that needs to be addressed

Bug type: Multiple bugs

Bug Summaries:

[1st Job] The skill 'Space Walk' is not affected by the reverse abnormal status
[2nd Job] The skill 'Stella Impact' shows bamboo art graphics at the end of the skill animation
[3rd Job] The skill 'Spacial Shift' only deal 3 lines of damage when used for the first time in horizontal position. Upward, downward direction and any second use will only apply the number of lines and damage of the skill 'Vortex Cross'
[3rd Job] The skill 'Spacial Shift' does not allow the Jett to go in the upward direction when holding down the skill for the second use
[3rd Job] The skill 'Cosmic Upheaval' can disconnect the character if monsters you pulled are pushed too far away of the default distance
[3rd Job] The skill 'Falling Stars' doesn't always deal damage to monsters
[4th Job] The skill 'Strikeforce Showdown' cast an animation when the skill is activated at the same time the Jett skill 'Starforce Salvo' is released
[4th job] The skill 'Maple Warrior' has a delay on it upon cast and therefore you are unable to move for a while after casting
[4th job] The hyper skill 'Singularity Shock' is not affected by changing the ‘Other Characters’ Skill Transparency’ option
[5th Job] The skill 'Strikeforce Showdown' doesn't have a boost node
[5th Job] The skill 'Starfall' doesn't have a boost node
[5th Job] The skill boost node 'Vortex Cross Boost' doesn't increase damage on the 'Spacial Shift' upgrade skill of Vortex Boost
[5th Job] The skill 'Gravity Crush' is not affected by changing the ‘Other Characters’ Skill Transparency’ option
[5th Job] The skill 'Gravity Crush' final AoE damage doesn't increase when you and/or allies attack monsters inside the singularity
[5th Job] The skill 'Lucky Dice' given by the skill 'Loaded Dice' is affected by buff duration [Fixed in KMS ver. 1.2.294]
[5th Job] The skill 'Suborbital Strike' can turn buggy and will continuously attack a monster even though it registers damage
Design Issue(s)
There is no real benefit to use the Starline combo
Jett is a damage character performing badly at this current state. This class needs to have higher damage by giving them more final damage and/or critical damage
[1st Job] The skill 'Space Walk' jump distance has been heavily nerf in the Jett's latest revamp v.186 – Override: Evolve
[2nd Job] The skill 'Starline Two' only deals two lines of damage while other Starline skills do 3 lines of damage
[3rd Job] The skill 'Cosmic Upheaval' doesn't pull every monster hit if another player is in the map (common knock-back issue mechanic)
[3rd Job] The skill 'Turret Deployment' does not use the character damage formula
[4th Job] The skill 'Backup Beatdown' should be revamped to offer more flexibility in terms of mobbing
[4th Job] The skill 'Backup Beatdown' animation suggests the Jett should attack monsters behind him, but the skill hitbox only hit in front of the Jett character based on the Zen code from another MapleStory region
[4th Job] The skill 'Starfall' has a long cooldown (60 seconds) and doesn't provide any benefit. This skill is weak in comparaison of existing pirate skill 'Nautilus Strike'
[4th Job] The hyper skill 'Starforce Salvo - Range' does not increase the range of the skill 'Strikeforce Showdown', making this hyper skill less desirable to use
[4th Job] The hyper skill 'Bionic Maximizer' provides few non desirable buffs. If these buffs could be provided passively, another active effect could be introduced for this skill
[4th Job] The hyper skill 'Singularity Shock' has a really long skill animation on use
[5th Job] The skill 'Gravity Crush' would be too much limited by the current damage cap if the final AoE damage would be fixed and deal at maximum 30000% damage per line

(Thanks to Slatymate for the majority of these)

Steps to reproduce: Just play the class

Character Name: SummerMist

Character Level: 250

Character Job: Jett

World Name: Luna

Date and Time of the incident: been happening for a very long time and needs to be fixed (Everyone that has played Jett has experienced these problems)

MastahiroSkittlebraddleJettLuvsU

Comments

• OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited May 2018
    Thaaank you.
    I will be going through this very soon, if I need some more info I will let you know!
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    this list is so long...
    i'd say we need a Whole patch just for this lol

Next Patch title: Jett: The Rebirth of the Space Cowboy.
  • BeatsGoesOnBeatsGoesOn
    Reactions: 405
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    Lol Jett
    MagicFoxhair
  • SummerMistSummerMist
    edited May 2018
    There is another problem which is most of the skills that can be considered "mobbing skills" have a delay on it at the end too thus making this character not as viable as most characters. Dont know if you can really can call that a bug but i think its something that needs to be looked into
  • PurpleScarPurpleScar
    Reactions: 100
    Starline One's Damage stays the same throughout all advancements, regardless of having learned starline 2-4. At fourth Job, it says that Starline One should be doing 420% per line, as of right now it is still using the original damage percentage per line. If this is a semantic error, the skill says 420% while Starline Four does 470%. Either way it should be fixed.

PurpleScar
    135 Jett
    GMS Reboot
  • SummerMistSummerMist
    edited May 2018
    [3rd Job] The skill 'Spacial Shift' does not allow the Jett to go in the upward direction when holding down the skill for the second use

This bug was the only bug that has been fixed since the last maintenance, there is still a number of bugs to go... another bug i remembered was

[5th Job] The skill boost node "Starline One Final Damage" boost node actually affects the "Starline Four" skill

This needs to be corrected because that is a huge problem for a number of new Jett mains starting out who mess up their node composition because of this misprint.
  • BelloPallyBelloPally
    Reactions: 1,905
    edited May 2018
    I've addressed some of those issues for years now, but none of them have been fixed... Honestly, I don't think there's any hope for Jett.
  • asainkid89asainkid89
    Reactions: 620
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    im a lv 215 mained jett i have most of these problems too and i have posted about the cosmic upheaval and star line 3 d/c bug. i can relate to this, nexon please make changes or buff jett. jett is such an under rated class and hate.
  • lethalvb01lethalvb01
    Reactions: 960
    edited July 2018
    I have always liked Jett and recently started getting mine to 200 and been posting with my guild about them trying to move people away from the negative stigma this class has. Please Nexon fix these bugs soon! At least Gravity Crush in the next patch so we can at least say yeah, this class has problems but its the only class with a 30,000% multiplier :)
  • V0iiDzV0iiDz
    Reactions: 1,030
    edited July 2018
    SummerMist wrote: »
    I know it says that I shouldn't post multiple bugs into 1 thread but making 1 separate thread for every bug is ridiculously long for me and as you can see there is many that needs to be addressed

Bug type: Multiple bugs

Bug Summaries:

[1st Job] The skill 'Space Walk' is not affected by the reverse abnormal status
    [2nd Job] The skill 'Stella Impact' shows bamboo art graphics at the end of the skill animation
    [3rd Job] The skill 'Spacial Shift' only deal 3 lines of damage when used for the first time in horizontal position. Upward, downward direction and any second use will only apply the number of lines and damage of the skill 'Vortex Cross'
    [3rd Job] The skill 'Cosmic Upheaval' can disconnect the character if monsters you pulled are pushed too far away of the default distance
    [3rd Job] The skill 'Falling Stars' doesn't always deal damage to monsters
    [4th Job] The skill 'Strikeforce Showdown' cast an animation when the skill is activated at the same time the Jett skill 'Starforce Salvo' is released
    [4th job] The skill 'Maple Warrior' has a delay on it upon cast and therefore you are unable to move for a while after casting
    [4th job] The hyper skill 'Singularity Shock' is not affected by changing the ‘Other Characters’ Skill Transparency’ option
    [5th Job] The skill 'Strikeforce Showdown' doesn't have a boost node
    [5th Job] The skill 'Starfall' doesn't have a boost node
    [5th Job] The skill boost node 'Vortex Cross Boost' doesn't increase damage on the 'Spacial Shift' upgrade skill of Vortex Boost
    [5th Job] The skill 'Gravity Crush' is not affected by changing the ‘Other Characters’ Skill Transparency’ option
    [5th Job] The skill 'Gravity Crush' final AoE damage doesn't increase when you and/or allies attack monsters inside the singularity
    [5th Job] The skill 'Lucky Dice' given by the skill 'Loaded Dice' is affected by buff duration [Fixed in KMS ver. 1.2.294]
    [5th Job] The skill 'Suborbital Strike' can turn buggy and will continuously attack a monster even though it registers damage
    Design Issue(s)
    There is no real benefit to use the Starline combo
    Jett is a damage character performing badly at this current state. This class needs to have higher damage by giving them more final damage and/or critical damage
    [1st Job] The skill 'Space Walk' jump distance has been heavily nerf in the Jett's latest revamp v.186 – Override: Evolve
    [2nd Job] The skill 'Starline Two' only deals two lines of damage while other Starline skills do 3 lines of damage
    [3rd Job] The skill 'Cosmic Upheaval' doesn't pull every monster hit if another player is in the map (common knock-back issue mechanic)
    [3rd Job] The skill 'Turret Deployment' does not use the character damage formula
    [4th Job] The skill 'Backup Beatdown' should be revamped to offer more flexibility in terms of mobbing
    [4th Job] The skill 'Backup Beatdown' animation suggests the Jett should attack monsters behind him, but the skill hitbox only hit in front of the Jett character based on the Zen code from another MapleStory region
    [4th Job] The skill 'Starfall' has a long cooldown (60 seconds) and doesn't provide any benefit. This skill is weak in comparaison of existing pirate skill 'Nautilus Strike'
    [4th Job] The hyper skill 'Starforce Salvo - Range' does not increase the range of the skill 'Strikeforce Showdown', making this hyper skill less desirable to use
    [4th Job] The hyper skill 'Bionic Maximizer' provides few non desirable buffs. If these buffs could be provided passively, another active effect could be introduced for this skill
    [4th Job] The hyper skill 'Singularity Shock' has a really long skill animation on use
    [5th Job] The skill 'Gravity Crush' would be too much limited by the current damage cap if the final AoE damage would be fixed and deal at maximum 30000% damage per line

(Thanks to Slatymate for the majority of these)

Steps to reproduce: Just play the class

Character Name: SummerMist

Character Level: 250

Character Job: Jett

World Name: Luna

Date and Time of the incident: been happening for a very long time and needs to be fixed (Everyone that has played Jett has experienced these problems)

Another bug I've encounter with Space walk is that when you try to use it twice very quickly, (hence pressing the input for the second jump too early and therefore getting no second jump), your next use of Space walk will go really fast and only allow you to use it once (second jump is disabled for some reason), it almost feels like the old one. Then it goes back to normal. It's really weird. Really easy to reproduce too.
  • MagicFoxhairMagicFoxhair
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited August 2018
    Is nexon ignoring all the posts about jett or...?

[1st job] You can no longer vortex jump out of Star line 1 after learning Star line 2.

[3rd job] Not having enough points to max out every skill while there are points left over in other job advancements.

[3rd job] Cosmic upheaval sometimes fails to pull monsters when another player is present in the map or near the target. However, when it does succeed, there is a chance the mob would return to it's initial position. This results in monsters walking through the air and me accidentally killing my friend hanging on a supposedly safe rope :)

[5th job] Suborbital strike can't hit some things. Examples include horntail from from certain spots and gollux gem.

[5th job] Falling star boost node shows starline 3 instead.

Job rankings in Mulung dojo don't work for jett.

BUMP

My Jett doesn't get the maplehood watch quest.

• FawkoFawko
    Reactions: 2,360
    edited May 2019
    I know this is a necro-post, however almost all of these bugs are still present with Jett. Rather than copy and pasting and having to cite SummerMist's list in a new thread, I thought bumping here would be more appropriate to show how long these bugs have been an issue. Is there any update on these?
  • MastahiroMastahiro
    Reactions: 1,370
    edited June 2019
    Okhura wrote: »
    Thaaank you.
    I will be going through this very soon, if I need some more info I will let you know!

This wouldn't be as funny if it hadn't been addressed and referred to as "very soon".
    I wonder if the Jett "buffs" are going to be fixing half of what is on this list.
    SkittlebraddleJettLuvsU
  • MastahiroMastahiro
    Reactions: 1,370
    edited June 2019
    While you're fixing bugs for other classes, how about going through with this list for us too?

I'll keep necro-posting until the bugs are solved.
  • AirBlitz79AirBlitz79
    Reactions: 100
    Ill just have to bump this again. Jett needs fixing ASAP
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited June 2019
    AirBlitz79 wrote: »
    Ill just have to bump this again. Jett needs fixing ASAP

Actually, it would be best if we start a more recent list rather than updating this outdated one.

It cuts down on confusion for the debugging team and everyone has a more concise list of reported issues.
This discussion has been closed.