[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

A Marriage for Lovers!

DragnoraDragnora
Reactions: 300
edited August 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Video games are a safe place to escape from problems and the daily struggles of life in general- for me at least that's the case. When i get home, i fling my bag off, yank my socks off and throw myself into the couch, ready to enjoy some zen time with my boyfriend. We love to play open MMORPG games, i mean who doesn't here? Most MMO's are plain or just dead in general but for us, we've had our eyes on Maple Story 2 for a few years now. It's finally coming soon! We're completely hyped and ready to just escape into this chibi and cute utopia. Like any odd couple, who wouldn't want to get married in a game even if it 's just a game. (Ha! You guys know Asuna and Kirito?! Don't pretend now! You'd wanna marry in a game too!). Any couple would want other's to know they are reserved for someone special! (flash that ring kirakira!)

But the thing is, i'm a guy too. It sort of sucks in real life when i have to hide who i love and that it will be the same inside a video no matter what-even if it is just a virtual world. As much as i want to believe that the Maple World community is fun/loving/caring/accepting given they play an anime-like games branching into Japan (a place/culture where guy x guy is more accepted), i know that there are people who will find this disagreeable or share a different cultural perspective. But the reality is politics/beliefs/religions aside, we do exist, disagreeable or not and we do, like any other normal couple wish to be married too, even if its just a video game. I just hope on the basis of a video game that i can still enjoy playing MS2 with my partner like other couples, carefree.

If things don't workout, i heard switching gender would possibly allow for a marriage! I know i can simply do this and avoid the hassle of writing this post, but i just wanted to say something. I just wonder how others in my situation are feeling about this.. and i think about maybe others who are mulling over this sighish matter.

I have my fingers crossed anyhow! In the name of love!! (haha sailormoon reference >u<)

-Dragnora

-P.S I'm sorry if anyone is offended. I made this post just for some intel/opinions from others that are on the same boat.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.