[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Elva's Potion Book is undropable

BBMakerBBMaker
Reactions: 300
edited August 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Item

Brief bug summary: Even after completing MONAD, Elva's Potion Book is undropable.

More details: Elva's Potion Book is undropable, nor storeable, just takes up a space.

(anything not included in the other sections of your report)

Steps to reproduce: Get book, try and drop.

(if not covered in the summary)

Character name: BBMaker

Character level: 165

Character job: Lumi

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: Aug 2nd 2018 / 5pm PST

Edited to say "Even after completing MONAD"

Comments

• scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited August 2018
    Once you complete Elva's quest, the book should disappear from your inventory. Opening the book will allow you to select which map to travel to when collecting her crafting ingredients.

Allowing the item to be dropped would only cause more problems with Maplers now being unable to continue Monad's storyline.
  • plikkenplikken
    Reactions: 350
    edited August 2018
    scholar624 wrote: »
    Once you complete Elva's quest, the book should disappear from your inventory. Opening the book will allow you to select which map to travel to when collecting her crafting ingredients.

Allowing the item to be dropped would only cause more problems with Maplers now being unable to continue Monad's storyline.

ya im stuck act 3, it says there is a horde of monsters, but its not there. i got this problem after i went to NLC to get new potions
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018

Er, not sure if that was changed with the recent maint and just not mentioned, but finishing the quest doesn't remove the book from your use invent.
    *For reference, I finished that quest ~July 26, so ~1.5days after the release and before any of the un/scheduled maints.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018

Should, being the keyword here. It is still in my inventory, and I cannot drop it. I'm finished the storyline with no plans on repeating it, so I have no use for continuing to have it in my inventory.
  • xCoraxCora
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited August 2018
    can confirm the book doesnt get removed from the quest and stays stuck within the inv

would be great if someone could remove them (have 2 because i did the whole thing twice)

ign: xHornet
    world: eu reboot
    YinYangX
  • BBMakerBBMaker
    edited August 2018

Yeah, I've completed it, got the chair and title. I still have the book. Even the Maple administrator in the Event Hall cannot remove it.

Mira wrote: »

Should, being the keyword here. It is still in my inventory, and I cannot drop it. I'm finished the storyline with no plans on repeating it, so I have no use for continuing to have it in my inventory.

^ This, Should, being the keyword here.
  • TotallyBrokenTotallyBroken
    Reactions: 720
    edited August 2018

What everyone else said. "Should" disappear. Didn't. Elva's quest done, Julieta beaten, Act 3 clear, book still eating space in my inventory.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited August 2018
    Got it, I was able to replicate it myself. I'll pass it along and get this book return (permanently!) to it's rightful owner.
    BBMakerYinYangXxTeeHee
  • BBMakerBBMaker
    edited August 2018
    Got it, I was able to replicate it myself. I'll pass it along and get this book return (permanently!) to it's rightful owner.

Thank you! I'm sure she'll use it more than I will. :)
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited August 2018
    On act 3 of Monad Elva gives you a notebook to craft a quest item. After obtaining the notebook it remains in your use inventory even after you complete Monad.
    This is pretty annoying since it's essentially -1 Use slot permanently.
    Can you guys make it so we can drop it?
  • Sa1tSa1t
    edited August 2018
    Yeah this is till a glitch, I can't drop the book, like I've finished the monad questline and I don't wanna do it again but, the books still in my inventory even after talking to all NPCs before i finished Act 3, please help me out IGN K1irito-Windia
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Elva asks you in the storyline if you want to keep the book or not. If you just spacebar through dialogue then you are selecting to keep it.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    Elva asks you in the storyline if you want to keep the book or not. If you just spacebar through dialogue then you are selecting to keep it.

Be that as it may, that does not mean that the book should be perma-trapped in your inventory. I chose to keep the book, thinking it would be something like Mr. Do's Recipe Book from Mu Lung - something that is useful for the quests, and can then be thrown out when not needed.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Mira wrote: »
    SadVirgin wrote: »

Be that as it may, that does not mean that the book should be perma-trapped in your inventory. I chose to keep the book, thinking it would be something like Mr. Do's Recipe Book from Mu Lung - something that is useful for the quests, and can then be thrown out when not needed.

Yeah, just clarifying since a lot of people seem to think that it's a bug that you keep the book after the storyline when they've really not even skimmed through the text.
  • SirBrownBearSirBrownBear
    Reactions: 210
    edited August 2018
    The item "Elva's Potion Notebook" that you get in act 3 of Monad can't be dropped from the inventory, which becomes a larger issue since each time you go back and complete the act 3 quest you receive the same item that also can't be dropped.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited August 2018
    Hey SirBrownBear,

I understand your frustration, I also have Elva's Potion book stuck in my inventory. This issue is being looked into though.

Thanks for the Report!
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited August 2018
    Hey Guys!

Just wanting to let you know that the issue with the being unable to remove the book from your inventory is being looked into.

Thanks for the reports!
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited August 2018
    I have two of them!
  • VyrinVyrin
    Reactions: 200
    edited August 2018
    Yeah, I've got two of them as well.

Character name: Vyrín

World name: Broa
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    I was able to get mine removed from my inventory.

Goto Abrup Base camp -> double click the book -> select the 2nd option to remove the book.
    YinYangX