[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

(Monad)Nexon needs to adjust this

EXdestEXdest
Reactions: 1,375
edited August 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
1. There are points where you have to fight monsters, but the thing is that you are getting hit by mobs even if you are in conversation with other npcs. In order to start fighting, you have to end the conversation quickly by pressing [next] multiple times. Died a couple because of this bs.

2. Julieta boss shouldn't be exactly the same **** as from the story. The game is kind of stuttering whenever I move on to next phase(it's not even like super hard boss such as Demian, why would you even make a boss with multiple phases?), and the screen is sometimes zoomed in which is quite annoying for boss run.

3. I got dc-ed a couple of times when Julieta demolished a building(bet teleporting me to the next building caused it).

4. Avoidability isn't working in Monad(Holy Magic Shell of bishop doesn't either), and I am not sure if it is intended or not. If it is intended, I bet these aren't working because mobs of Monad have 100% hit chance. Idk why it is this way. I am a phantom and when I do Julieta boss run, all of my chanelling skills(Tempest, Luck of the draw) can't do much since julieta's shout has 100% chance to stun.

5. During the phase on the roof. Julieta's tentacle movement(not 3) sometimes isn't dodgable(and you only give us 10 death counts?)

6. Drinking potion sometimes doesn't work during Julieta run.

Comments

• EXdestEXdest
    edited August 2018
    +
    after crushing buildings, you have to climb up to the roof but julieta appears so quickly and kills you. There is no chance of avoiding it(1 death count wasted).
  • KhromatikKhromatik
    Reactions: 400
    edited August 2018
    +1 on the conversations thing, I actually want to read the storyline this time around...
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 2018
    I played through the entirety of Monad and encountered no areas where mobs attacked during dialogue (and I would have definitely noticed, because it's a huge potion drain in every map). Please specify what area(s) this occurred in.

Julieta's tentacles on the roof are dodgeable (just very difficult, the safe spots are just hard to see and often on the boss herself.

Julieta has a potion cooldown, like most bosses.

You can dodge Julieta's first attack on the tower by bypassing the tower and continuing to move to the right, instead of hopping on the tower immediately. I managed to survive this way myself today.
  • EXdestEXdest
    edited August 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    I played through the entirety of Monad and encountered no areas where mobs attacked during dialogue (and I would have definitely noticed, because it's a huge potion drain in every map). Please specify what area(s) this occurred in.

Julieta's tentacles on the roof are dodgeable (just very difficult, the safe spots are just hard to see and often on the boss herself.

Julieta has a potion cooldown, like most bosses.

You can dodge Julieta's first attack on the tower by bypassing the tower and continuing to move to the right, instead of hopping on the tower immediately. I managed to survive this way myself today.

1. I am not playing that long Monad story again just to specify which maps are glitched. What I can say is that it happened at least once in act 1-2 and in act 3.

2. Sometimes it is dodgable, but not always. I actually stayed tombed for a while to see her movements, and I find it just like undodgable or the safe place is too narrow.

3. I said sometimes. I heard the drinking sound effect when I used it. I always use power elixir whether it is a boss run or hunting. If it wasn't a glitch, my mana should had been 100%(it wasn't).

4. This has nothing to do with my argument.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited August 2018
    EXdest wrote: »
    1. I am not playing that long Monad story again just to specify which maps are glitched. What I can say is that it happened at least once in act 1-2 and in act 3.

Then I can't help you with this. Without knowing what parts of the storyline actually have this occur, you can't adjust them. Acts 1, 2, and 3 encompass the entire Monad storyline, and there's a lot of dialogue and battles spread across them.

4 was referring to your second comment about how Julieta charges at the tower. I'm giving you advice on how to avoid that attack.
  • EXdestEXdest
    edited August 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    Then I can't help you with this. Without knowing what parts of the storyline actually have this occur, you can't adjust them. Acts 1, 2, and 3 encompass the entire Monad storyline, and there's a lot of dialogue and battles spread across them.

4 was referring to your second comment about how Julieta charges at the tower. I'm giving you advice on how to avoid that attack.

1. Well, I am not playing that all over again, but I might give you the one in act 3 since I have another character to play it.

Found one 38:30

2. Ty for your advice I will try it next run
  • RheaSilviaRheaSilvia
    Reactions: 305
    edited August 2018
    Same here, disconnected when Julieta push you. I lost three entrances today.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited August 2018
    All monsters including Julieta use the dreaded -HP% based attacks.

Because of that, all damage mitigating mechanics (Avoidability, Holy Magic Shell, Magic Gaurd, etc.) are circumvented.
  • TacoLOLTacoLOL
    Reactions: 640
    edited August 2018
    I disconnected during all 3 of my Julieta attempts today. This needs to be fixed.
  • SKYROXYROXSKYROXYROX
    Reactions: 200
    During Julieta run once I get pushed out of the castle, I automatically get locked and then the left and right arrow thing on top of my head pops up. Here comes my issue, I tried to press the left and right arrow to the point where I should be free but it just stayed there and I couldn't even get away or get free. Also, every time I get Julieta's life to either half or when I start to fight her I get d/c. Today I was d/c about 8 times just doing monad, so I just gave up because it's getting ridiculous for me and such a freakin waste of time!
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited August 2018
    SKYROXYROX wrote: »
    Also, every time I get Julieta's life to either half or when I start to fight her I get d/c. Today I was d/c about 8 times just doing monad, so I just gave up because it's getting ridiculous for me and such a freakin waste of time!

Monad is very frustrating at certain points, but constantly DCing is just plain unacceptable.

Are you able to recall what happened just before you were DCed and when you were playing? Other players have noted they have been DCing when Julieta knocks down one of the towers, but it could have also been from server instability; with 2x event going on during an already active weekend.
  • SKYROXYROXSKYROXYROX
    edited August 2018
    scholar624 wrote: »
    SKYROXYROX wrote: »
    Also, every time I get Julieta's life to either half or when I start to fight her I get d/c. Today I was d/c about 8 times just doing monad, so I just gave up because it's getting ridiculous for me and such a freakin waste of time!

Monad is very frustrating at certain points, but constantly DCing is just plain unacceptable.

Are you able to recall what happened just before you were DCed and when you were playing? Other players have noted they have been DCing when Julieta knocks down one of the towers, but it could have also been from server instability; with 2x event going on during an already active weekend.

Yes, there were few instances were I got d/c. One was when one of the towers collapsed, then when I was on top of the castle and then when I was outside of the castle. The other night when I got Julietta's life half way through, all of a sudden I was teleported back to henessey and I had plenty of time left on the timer then when I came back to monad it made me start everything all over again in fighting Julietta, so I gave up. When I logged back on the next morning, it went back to just fighting Julietta and from there the d/cing started happening.
  • EXdestEXdest
    edited August 2018
    scholar624 wrote: »
    All monsters including Julieta use the dreaded -HP% based attacks.

Because of that, all damage mitigating mechanics (Avoidability, Holy Magic Shell, Magic Gaurd, etc.) are circumvented.

and that is why I am basically saying "adjust it"

There are lots of problems in Monad: full of glitches, inconveniences, visual stutterings, and many others. I am just pointing out a couple of those in feedback section. I don't mind how all of my skills do even less than 10% of what they used to do or how mobs of monad do -HP % damage with 100% on-hit. It is a story walkthrough, and I have no problem with that. However, boss run is a different story.
    SKYROXYROX
  • EXdestEXdest
    edited August 2018
    Found one in act 3

you are getting hit by mobs while in conversation when you do the frost hellfang quest(Alika) from 3 choices

+ Julieta run is so annoying since the screen zooms in and out, stuttering all over(seriously you are doing this in boss run?). I got cancer playing act 3 again. Also, I just noticed that the warning sign of 3 tentacle attack is not visible when the player is far away from Julieta.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited August 2018
    I've determined that the likely reason you can't use potions in certain parts is because falling into the fire pit (anywhere between the buildings or beneath the tower) marks you with an effect that blocks healing but, unlike potion cooldown, still consumes the potion. If you don't fall in, potions work fine, and the effect wears off (but cannot be cured with Hero's Will or All-cures).
    You should be surrounded by a black flame when under this effect.

Otherwise I can't replicate it at all (I've been running Julieta 3 times a day for the achievement mission).
  • SKYROXYROXSKYROXYROX
    edited August 2018
    Once again, I tried battling Julietta after I stop for 3 days and once again right after the first building/tower collapse I got d/c. I have really good internet connection so I just don't understand why this is happening, and it really is getting very frustrating because I waste potions and time. Is this ever going to get fix?
  • ZepioreZepiore
    Reactions: 300
    i have been having issues with being hit by mobs during dialogue as well, it seems to be happening on any map with the tree monsters that i am supposed to collect wood from. also not sure why but this entire thing seems to be level 150, i entered at level 103, my attacks only do maybe 2% damage to the regular monsters per use, died in three hits to the first boss, and all of the enemies seem to be killing me stupidly fast. is there some sort of issue with the entire thing or did you make this entire area unfinishable by virtue of anyone not at level 200 will ragequit from dying five times on a quest to fetch wood with a 15000+ health character that passively heals?

honestly you need to balance this area or at least don't give the regular enemies 15 billion hp.
  • HousePetHousePet
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited August 2018
    The first boss appears to be designed to kill everyone in 3 hits. The only reason I could get past it was because of the free res that doesn't reset boss health.

I can confirm that there are a couple of areas that spawn enemies while you are in conversation, but I didn't take note of which areas. I didn't realise that MONAD was a beta test event...

I think there is a decent story under there somewhere, but its buried under bad UI and mechanics. (and apparently bugs, but I haven't got to Julieta yet.)