[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[SPOILERS!!!][MONAD] end of the storyline

skwarekskwarek
Reactions: 830
edited August 2018 in General Chat
Only for people who has completed Monad act3! If you didnt finish it yet, you should do it ASAP!
So guys, If you just opened the spoiler that means you completed Monad just like me, and I have to say - I am really really hyped!! I have got a lot of questions but first of all - will there be something like part 2 of the Monad? Because it was kinda open ending, we still don't know what about Blanche and other people who just dissapeared, and who is the suspicious guy with the scroll..
For now we have only some traces..
1. The helmet in the cave full of treasures. The same helmet which is a part of the space armor in the Captain Vaga. Does It means that Captain Vaga story is connected with kidnapping people? One of prizes at the monad countdown event was some Captain Vaga credits. At first I was like wtf but for now I feel like it is a kind of a hint
2. What Naricain was doing at the and in the video?? Is he responsible for all of that?
3. Speaking about the video.. "where is the guardian?" question at the ending seems to suggest that the crystal in the video was The Antellion which was guarded before by Crimsonheart..
Theres so many plots which starts to connect which each other, thats pretty interesting so If you guys have some more traces or just want to discuss feel free to join!!!

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2018
    What's funny is that, as was seen in masteria through time, crimsonheart destroyed the antellion. That's what sank the continent of masteria underwater. The only surviving piece of it was the small chunk powering the time machine in present-day crimsonwood keep. And also seen at the end of masteria through time was crimsonheart telling lukan to guard that fragment with his life or some such.

The base point here is that the whole antellion that alika saw in her dream simply does not exist anymore according to the story. The only reason the small chunk that powered the time machine remained afterward is because plot device the antellion and its associate fragments are anchored in time and space.

It feels like they're trying to use monad, or future expansions thereof, to tie together the sengoku, masteria and jett-crap storylines, but it's really goddamn ham-fisted and rife with inconsistencies and so many blatant plot holes that it's as watertight as a sieve.
  • CharniaCharnia
    Reactions: 605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    I guess it's because demons (like Blanche) originate from Masteria, which is canon in the mainstream storyline despite Masteria itself not being available in KMS. Or was it demons originate in Tynerum and the demon kids got captured by Naricain's army that got transported there alongside the castle? I don't really remember the story, or even read it (spacebar skipped most of it; and I want is them Gollux equips).

Sengoku I guess can work since it's time and space manipulation at work that brought the Japanese warriors to Maple World which the Antellion is capable of. Versallians are also pretty advanced since they could warp between universes seemingly without issues which took Darmoor and Black Mage to become transcendents to do; that power is something Naricain can do even without the Antellion.

The PULSAR / Stellar Detectives felt forced though to try to connect Beast Tamer, Jett, and Zen to this story.

"Where is the guardian?" is probably referring to either Crimsonheart pre-MTT or Lukan post-MTT. Antellion has BS powers so one little fragment may be all you need to bring it all back; perhaps Crimsonheart "destroyed" it in the sense that he scattered it throughout the universe or timelines. Possibly, PULSAR is hired to beat up Lukan, take the fragment and Antellion (which was the last piece they needed) and is used to bring back Naricain from wherever Crimsonheart sent him for eternity. They will probably do something like Dr. Jang's mutation thing peeking PULSAR's interest to work for the currently unnamed antagonists that appeared at the end.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited August 2018
    During the epilogue when the scene cuts to the researcher’s lab, take a good look at the two photos pinned to the chalkboard. One of them you should recognize from Sengoku regional content.

It could suggest there might be some lore tiring into the Demon King’s Summoning ritual; which somehow backfired and sent everyone to Maple World.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited August 2018
    Charnia wrote: »
    I guess it's because demons (like Blanche) originate from Masteria, which is canon in the mainstream storyline despite Masteria itself not being available in KMS. Or was it demons originate in Tynerum and the demon kids got captured by Naricain's army that got transported there alongside the castle?

Tynerum has no relation to the New Leaf version of Masteria. I'm also under the impression that people assume Blanche is from Masteria since she looks like a demon, however i'm convinced she comes from Versal.
    Sengoku I guess can work since it's time and space manipulation at work that brought the Japanese warriors to Maple World which the Antellion is capable of. Versallians are also pretty advanced since they could warp between universes seemingly without issues which took Darmoor and Black Mage to become transcendents to do; that power is something Naricain can do even without the Antellion.

Naricain couldn't travel between dimensions without the use of the antellion, he's powerful but not that powerful.
    The PULSAR / Stellar Detectives felt forced though to try to connect Beast Tamer, Jett, and Zen to this story.

I don't see how this was forced, we know Pulsar is operating and maple world and we know they'll go to any length to complete/perform their experiments. Since the Abrup basin has minimal communication with el nath and the surrounding areas, it makes it the perfect target for Pulsar to perform kidnappings without too much interfence. I'd say this falls in line with how the organization operates.
    "Where is the guardian?" is probably referring to either Crimsonheart pre-MTT or Lukan post-MTT. Antellion has BS powers so one little fragment may be all you need to bring it all back; perhaps Crimsonheart "destroyed" it in the sense that he scattered it throughout the universe or timelines. Possibly, PULSAR is hired to beat up Lukan, take the fragment and Antellion (which was the last piece they needed) and is used to bring back Naricain from wherever Crimsonheart sent him for eternity. They will probably do something like Dr. Jang's mutation thing peeking PULSAR's interest to work for the currently unnamed antagonists that appeared at the end.

While im unsure which guardian is being referred to, I think what's going on is that there might be more than one antellion, and the fact that Burke appears in Alika's vision leads me to believe that Jett's Core is powered by a piece of an antellion.
    scholar624 wrote: »
    It could suggest there might be some lore tiring into the Demon King’s Summoning ritual; which somehow backfired and sent everyone to Maple World.

Sakuno intentionally interupted the ritual after Kanna awakened her during the fight with Ranmaru, the results of her interference is what sent them to maple world.

skwarek wrote: »
    1. The helmet in the cave full of treasures. The same helmet which is a part of the space armor in the Captain Vaga. Does It means that Captain Vaga story is connected with kidnapping people? One of prizes at the monad countdown event was some Captain Vaga credits. At first I was like wtf but for now I feel like it is a kind of a hint
    Near the end of the content, Aruhi confirms that pulsar was the ones kidnapping the citizens of abrup, though i do find it odd that your character doesn't recognize the armor after your encounter with them in Stellar Detectives.

2. What Naricain was doing at the and in the video?? Is he responsible for all of that?

Naricain, the Demon who swallowed the sun of versal was banished to another dimension by Crimsonheart, it's likely he was in the vision purley due to his connection to the antellion.

3. Speaking about the video.. "where is the guardian?" question at the ending seems to suggest that the crystal in the video was The Antellion which was guarded before by Crimsonheart..

I didn't get the impression that somebody guarded it before him, however this is plausible.
  • CharniaCharnia
    Reactions: 605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    bumbertyr wrote: »

Naricain couldn't travel between dimensions without the use of the antellion, he's powerful but not that powerful.

Wait, did I remember that incorrectly? I though Crimsonheart took the entire Antellion away with him to Maple World, and Naricain was still in Versal at that time before interrogating and threatening his adopted siblings and then traveling to Maple World himself (presumable without the Antellion's power since it was no longer in Versal).

It's been along time since I've done Masteria questline.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited August 2018
    Wait, did I remember that incorrectly? I though Crimsonheart took the entire Antellion away with him to Maple World, and Naricain was still in Versal at that time before interrogating and threatening his adopted siblings and then traveling to Maple World himself (presumable without the Antellion's power since it was no longer in Versal).

It's been along time since I've done Masteria questline.

During Act 3 it's explained through Dr.Jang's virtual world. Delgrund stated that Naricain successfully stole a fragment of the Antellion which is a first in Versal's history. This was before Crimsonheart took the Antellion to Maple World.

This is just before the part where Naricain is threatening his adopted siblings and learning about it being taken to Maple World.