[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Revert DA's Execution Nerf

PetalmagicPetalmagic
Reactions: 7,660
edited July 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Quite some time ago...on DA Release I believe, DA had the ability to mob with Execution. 8 mobs with slightly lower damage.

Now it hits two mobs. Please give us some mobbing back on DA. Even if it was just 6 mobs on Execution, its better than doing a 3rd job skill...and it makes DA progression from 3rd to 4th feel...right.

Comments

• PorcolinePorcoline
    Reactions: 310
    edited July 2018
    I'm conflicted.

I really like Demon Avenger's concepf of HP= Dmg. It makes things simpler. But hjs mobbing is abysmal, especially with the 4th skill execution nerf, and nethershield cooldown no longer bypassable.

So what are his tradeoff now? compared to other class, like what does he really gain by losing mobbing utility.

I find it strange that a class's best mobbing skill is a 3rd job skill, and even that has terrible damage and range.

I'm tempted to switch to Luminous. See, Luminous is fragile and has terrible teleport, but it has great bossing, and AMAZING mobbing.

What does DA get for having terrible mobbibg skills? =/

His skills cost HP, but with auto mp pots, and boss hitting %hp, it might not be a good thing either...

I like 100% stance though, which DS and other classes also get, but they have much better mobbing.
    Petalmagic
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited August 2018
    And the 5th job skills are.... Useless...
    Petalmagic
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited August 2018
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Quite some time ago...on DA Release I believe, DA had the ability to mob with Execution. 8 mobs with slightly lower damage.

Now it hits two mobs. Please give us some mobbing back on DA. Even if it was just 6 mobs on Execution, its better than doing a 3rd job skill...and it makes DA progression from 3rd to 4th feel...right.

I'm a DA main big time and i don't like the idea of adding more mobs hit by execution... if they add more enemies hit guess what will happen they will nerf the damage on the skill and i ain't ok with that. Learn to use lunar slash for mobbing /thousnad sword combo and some nether shields in there. it is fine the way it is. If anything you should be asking, is to have the ability to generate soul power in some kinda fashion during end game bossing since after the 1st death u get 0 soul power for the rest of the fight which kinda sux. would be nice of them to add a way to generate soul power during those end game bossses

Also lunar slash gets passively boosted by a 4th job skill bringing its damage in line with a 4th job mobbing skill so to porcoline your point is moot.

also u can bump it from 2 mobs hit to 4 if u have max level farm with pipsqueak lumi and u get your execution node higher up gives +1 enemies hit as well plus inner ability legendary can add one extra mob hit , so there u go u can pump execution from 2 mobs hit to 5
    TimmyGMS
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2018
    Petalmagic wrote: »

I'm a DA main big time and i don't like the idea of adding more mobs hit by execution... if they add more enemies hit guess what will happen they will nerf the damage on the skill and i ain't ok with that. Learn to use lunar slash for mobbing /thousnad sword combo and some nether shields in there. it is fine the way it is. If anything you should be asking, is to have the ability to generate soul power in some kinda fashion during end game bossing since after the 1st death u get 0 soul power for the rest of the fight which kinda sux. would be nice of them to add a way to generate soul power during those end game bossses

Also lunar slash gets passively boosted by a 4th job skill bringing its damage in line with a 4th job mobbing skill so to porcoline your point is moot.

also u can bump it from 2 mobs hit to 4 if u have max level farm with pipsqueak lumi and u get your execution node higher up gives +1 enemies hit as well plus inner ability legendary can add one extra mob hit , so there u go u can pump execution from 2 mobs hit to 5

Thing is, I used to main DA back on Release...and it just ruins the flow of 3rd to 4th job...cuz you really don't gain a "new" mobbing skill, just a bossing skill. Also...Not all of us play main servers, I play Reboot and cannot get "Pipsqueak Lumi". DS, the counterpart to DA, gets a new mobbing skill alongside a bossing skill (heck, I can mob with my bossing skill) but it still hits 4 mobs plus a node to make 5...still better than the base of two mobs on Execution. DA doesn't get any other 4th job type mobbing skills, as DS gets Infernal Concussion. Both classes do get: A Bind, some passives, a Debuff (Nether Slice and Demon Cry) and a bossing skill. Thing is, Execution PRE-Nerf still did roughly the same damage (they only added like 50% during the nerf and one line) as post nerf...but it could MOB.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2018
    the new 5th job skill will be pseudo mobbing. Nether shield has short cooldown. The only thing I would change is the AoE of Lunar slash, looks wide in animation but it's narrow hitbox. Thousand blade is yet another low cooldown.

What you can argue is a change of execution to have a toggle similar to enrage (Hero) that either has single target capability or without toggle it weakens and becomes mobbing skill.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited August 2018
    the new 5th job skill will be pseudo mobbing. Nether shield has short cooldown. The only thing I would change is the AoE of Lunar slash, looks wide in animation but it's narrow hitbox. Thousand blade is yet another low cooldown.

What you can argue is a change of execution to have a toggle similar to enrage (Hero) that either has single target capability or without toggle it weakens and becomes mobbing skill.

I was also looking into Wind Archer's Song of Heaven and Aran's Beyonder Blade. Song of Heaven and Beyond Blade's attack becomes stronger when it focuses on smaller clusters of mobs. A +x% final damage per less target hit would allow Execution to be stronger when dealing with smaller portion of mobs.
    Petalmagic