[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Add Zero to Reboot

BattoBatto
Reactions: 450
Much like the title says, I want Zero to be added to Reboot in the next Zero event.

I spend basically all of my time in the Reboot world instead of the regular servers, which may upset various people upon hearing that. I saw videos on the game-play of Zero and saw that the style of the class looked incredibly fun and fluid in movement. It looked quite enjoyable to look at their skills, as they were visually stunning, especially their newer fifth job skills. They have a fairly decent DPM, however not too high in comparison to when Reboot was first structured, considering they don't rank too high up in the tier lists right now. When Reboot was first made, Zero topped the DPM charts and was considered a god among the classes, but nowadays that is no longer the case. They only hold a few advantages over other classes, but that should not be why it is deemed unworthy to be playable in Reboot.

In addition to being a potential main class to players in Reboot, it can also be utilized as a very helpful mule class. They come with an incredibly useful Link and Legion that could be beneficial and perhaps even essential to this world. With the loss of Nebulites, people loss one source of IED which could come from obtaining Zero's link skill (even if it is not on the same level of amount), which at level 5 provides an additional 10% of it, as well as a useful 15% reduction in damage, which would be a helpful link skill for the more fragile classes, namely Jett and most Mage classes. Next, the Legion, which would be extremely beneficial and help reduce the grind in Reboot for players progressing and leveling characters. At max level legion, Zero gives 12% Additional EXP. This may seem like a lot, however we should remember that there are other mule sources of EXP, such as Mercedes, which means this either should not be justification of Zero being prohibited from Reboot world.

Now, some of you will likely respond with some points, such as:"Why don't you just play on regular servers then?"

Well, obviously all of my progress is on Reboot, else I wouldn't have much an issue over it. I enjoy the community of Reboot far more than I do regular servers, and would greatly appreciate progress on a new class I make to actually be on the world I play on the most, does that not make sense?

To finish my point, I do not believe Zero would tip the balance of Reboot because of the large scale of content being added ever since the start of Reboot. It made sense back then as to why he was prohibited, but to keep the ban to this day makes little-to-no sense to me. The only reasonable explanation would be that you are simply waiting for Korean Maplestory to unban Zero first. While we do follow KMS's direction, GMS has proven time and time again it is capable of doing what it wants (such as the exclusive content, or holding out flames and 25 stars for so long). So why should the people of reboot in GMS miss out on a class that the normal servers have, especially a character so lore-heavy in content such as the Shadow Alchemist?

I appreciate your time for reading this suggestion of mine. Please don't confuse me for another person ranting and such. If you have any questions or clarifications on this point, please reply.
Arch_AlyssaTzumeraPetalmagic

Comments

• Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited August 2018
    Keeping Zero away from Reboot doesn't make sense anymore... We have the right to have all the classes in Reboot as well!
    Batto
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2018
    this thread has already been made, and I believe nexon has addressed it.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2018
    ...REEEEEEEEEEEE I have made one of these threads. I want Reboot Zero badly....like "Would main the moment it came out" badly.
    Arch_AlyssaBatto
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    edited August 2018
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    I want Reboot Zero badly....like "Would main the moment it came out" badly.

Same here!
    BattoPetalmagic
  • BattoBatto
    Reactions: 450
    edited August 2018
    this thread has already been made, and I believe nexon has addressed it.

I don't want to sound aggressive in my point, but I do think it'd be better to start this point fresh instead of necro-ing an old thread, albeit I wasn't too aware of the old thread on it. And even if Nexon addressed the issue, the meta is different now than it is back then. I made the point, but in the past, Zero was more reasonably prohibited. Although with today's meta and damage that classes are reaching, Zero shouldn't seem as much of a problem anymore, at least in my opinion.
    Arch_AlyssaPetalmagic
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2018
    the point is, it's already been addressed, they know people want Zero in Reboot.
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    edited August 2018
    the point is, it's already been addressed, they know people want Zero in Reboot.

Just to remind them that we still want Zero, just in case they forgot... Been a while since they adressed it and nothing has changed so...
    BattoPetalmagic
  • SwiftLilEagleSwiftLilEagle
    Reactions: 230

I mean, they also know we want a replacement for kishin, but that's still unadressed too...

Bring zero to reboot!
    BattoArch_AlyssaPetalmagic