[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maple Story now have frequent memory leak

RexaarRexaar
Reactions: 3,645
edited July 2018 in Bug Reporting
Before the Monard patch, the average memory usage of Maple Story is around 1 gb.
After the Monard patch, the average memory usage is around 1.5gb, and will frequently raise up to to 2-3gb before crashing much much more frequently.

Character name: Rexaar2
Server: Scania
Character level: 235
Class: Hero
YinYangX

Comments

• DarkZettaDarkZetta
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited July 2018
    Adding my two cents to this as well. Ever since the update my client will memory leak on average 2 times a day. It quickly increases to 3.5GB to 4GB before it kills itself.
  • EtzuEtzu
    Reactions: 305
    edited August 2018
    Yea, i thought this was just me but this happends on multiple pc's for me. On windows 7 elements start disapearing from the map thanks to this so you dont see people or monsters. And on win 10 it just closes itself after sometime.

Also started noticing this after the Monad update the game has been running fine before.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Likewise. At least 2-3 mem leaks per day on average now compared to maybe 1-2 a week previously.

Windows 10 btw.
  • ElaieElaie
    Reactions: 585
    edited August 2018
    I too am experiencing this same issue at least 4-5 times per day where Maplestory goes from 1 gb up to 4 gb usage. It lags out my computer very bad and I have to force Maplestory close with task manager because it has bogged down my entire OS and causing Maplestory to go into fits where it freezes for several minutes, unlags for a few seconds then starts freezing again.

Also experiencing issues where some of the game's graphics stop loading in which causes me to crash upon switching maps. Not sure if these issues are related to each other. Figured I would note it anyway.

• mapleCezmapleCez
    Reactions: 310
    Yep. Once maplestory.exe uses almost 4 Gigs memory (average 3.7 G) I will start to notice :
    - music not changing when entering another map.
    - missing textures (missing buildings/ background / character missing body parts.. etc..)
    - monsters slowly spawn in when I know they shouldnt
    - crashed MS client when ever i tried to use Evolution(add cores) if I was long longer than 3 hours on or memory is high
    (lost quite a few Evolution coins in the process)

Usually happens when I am playing for long periods (3+ hours)
    Clean starting MS client or it crashes(whichever first) fixes the problem.. until the memory starts adding up again. Rinse and repeat.

Got 12 Gigs of ram for the record.
    i7 Windows 7 64 bit
    970GTX
    2 SDD
    bare minimum background app when playing
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    This happens very often (daily) ever since ark part 2. It was never this often before.