[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Disable Breath of Divinity skill for phase 2 HWill

DrAatroxDrAatrox
Reactions: 1,020
edited August 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi, its me again.

I just had a few runs with my squad this week and realised something weird in the bossfight with Hard Will.
I have seen run from KMS, where the boss is way harder than in GMS.
On phase 2 of the boss ALL healing is supposed to be disabled (with exceptions on when you use the moonlight skill (5 sec healing)).
However this is not the case.. Both Breath of divinity and healing familiars work for regening health.
The Breath of Divinity skill makes you heal constantly, and therefore.. Close to impossible to die. This literally bypasses the whole point of the boss.
You can stand still and attack him without being afraid of dodging at all.
This + how much stronger GMS is in general vs KMS seems very off.

I would like to suggest a change in the second phase of Will, where the Breath of Divinity skill is disabled and familiars dont heal you.

-Thanks

UPDATE: Potion pot apparently works aswell... GMS wants this boss to be too easy
Fuhreak

Comments

• OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Familiar healing probably should be disabled, but they haven't disabled it on any other bosses, plus other than releasing new familiars, they haven't really updated the system or anything in quite a while.

It seems the point of certain items of Taiwanese origin (Breath of Divinity, Frenzy Totem, Lucid Earrings, plus stuff we don't have, like Auto-Buff Earrings, the ring that pulls mobs to you, the effect on Orchid's Badge), are to bypass normal in-game mechanics (politeness aside, what I really mean is that they're stupidly broken), so, while I don't exactly like it myself, it is what they're for and I don't see them changing that.
    Fuhreak
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited August 2018
    DrAatrox wrote: »
    Hi, its me again.

I just had a few runs with my squad this week and realised something weird in the bossfight with Hard Will.
    I have seen run from KMS, where the boss is way harder than in GMS.
    On phase 2 of the boss ALL healing is supposed to be disabled (with exceptions on when you use the moonlight skill (5 sec healing)).
    However this is not the case.. Both Breath of divinity and healing familiars work for regening health.
    The Breath of Divinity skill makes you heal constantly, and therefore.. Close to impossible to die. This literally bypasses the whole point of the boss.
    You can stand still and attack him without being afraid of dodging at all.
    This + how much stronger GMS is in general vs KMS seems very off.

I would like to suggest a change in the second phase of Will, where the Breath of Divinity skill is disabled and familiars dont heal you.

-Thanks

I don't agree with disabling it only phase 2. It needs to be changed completely. There a huge problem with the ring skill being in this game in general. I don't think they should remove the ring but the skill it gives either needs to be completely changed, removed or nerfed to the ground. It makes every bit of boss content in this game a joke and unlike Frenzy, Lucid earrings etc it's an item and skill nobody else can get. At least with frenzy there is kishin which people can get for free. Lucid earrings is questionable since it's an extra bind that can be used after the main one. The worst is BOD though.

The fact you can't get this ring anymore is an issue too. Since it is a BIS ring, even if you were to remove the skill, nerf it or leave it as is it should be brought back. Despite being buggy there is absolutely no reason why it shouldn't continue being obtainable. I don't know why they removed the ability to obtain it completely.

The first group in GMS just cleared and majority of them seem to have a BOD and the fastest attackers could stand still and completely ignore all the boss mechanics.

With this I'd highly suggest a massive nerf or complete removal of this skill from the ring.
  • DrAatroxDrAatrox
    edited August 2018
    We cant change the fact that the ring is in the game. There will always be BoDs in the game, its just that in phase 2 of Hard Will ALL healing is supposed to be disabled. In my opinion that makes BoD way too strong in phase 2 on Will. Its really good for other bosses aswell, but thats how it is supposed to work. I am not sure if this is intended or not as they probably didnt think about it.
  • PeepPeep
    edited August 2018
    DrAatrox wrote: »
    We cant change the fact that the ring is in the game. There will always be BoDs in the game, its just that in phase 2 of Hard Will ALL healing is supposed to be disabled. In my opinion that makes BoD way too strong in phase 2 on Will. Its really good for other bosses aswell, but thats how it is supposed to work. I am not sure if this is intended or not as they probably didnt think about it.

Bod is way too strong in general. The item isn't the problem. The skill is. The fact that there's a item with a skill that only p2w players can obtain and there's no other variant of it in the game is absolutely ridiculous. It also hasn't been re-released either so gl getting it now. This is about the health of the game and since Nexon seems to be all about that lately judging by what they've been saying in their memos, then they should do the right thing here and absolutely nerf this skill to the ground or remove it. It's way too broken for all bosses. If they want to keep it as is slap a 20 min c/d on it like what the Reaper pendant has for it's item specific skill.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    They might consider giving BoD a longer cd.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    basically because it's a 100% hp shield you can refill as long as it has even a little bit left
    it trivializes any non-100% attacks....repeatedly. Skills such as the 90% legs you're supposed to dodge 25 of or so for hwill.

100% attacks you can only block 1/min
    which is still likely too strong of course

so tldr:
    It absolutely makes p2 hwill way too easy

Basically I think it should just have a longer cd
    how long idk
    but also a specific nerf to p2 will
    like make it not refill unless you use moonlight skill
  • zz2020zz2020
    Reactions: 920
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    from watching misusing' stream, he can basically ignore the 90% hp damage attacks every 2 seconds in phase 2 during the segment challenge. BOD allows him to tank the hit and instantly refill the shield.
  • boompower1x8boompower1x8
    Reactions: 840
    edited August 2018
    2 major issues with BOD:
    1. Skill is unbalanced: No other in game skill comes remotely close to the short 1 min cd BOD for dodging 100% 1HKO attack. And on top of that, the ring can regenerate the shield hp as you attack, which means virtually double health in most scenarios.
    2. Accessibility: The ring was only made available for a brief 3 day period, so you got a few lucky people getting a permanent enormous advantage at bossing and people willing to breaking TOS and pay thru the roof with real $ outside of the game to get their hands on one. Total unhealthy for the game.

Suggestions: Nerf the cd on the ring to 5 min to be in line with some of the other skills in the game, and remove the shield regeneration mechanic. Nerf or no nerf, accessibility need to be increased for the item.

• DrAatroxDrAatrox
    edited August 2018
    UPDATE: Potion pot also works... Please fix that aswell
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited August 2018
    We'll deliver the details of the first handful of clears. The functionality of BoD on phase 2 will be part of the delivered details.
  • DeathStarDeathStar
    Reactions: 1,330
    edited August 2018
    chiming in to mention that the years old bug of potion pot preventing user from reviving in boss fight is still here

in hard lucid at least
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Maybe you can deliver a ban to the solo clear on day 2 of h will being available.
    zz2020
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited August 2018
    Arwoo wrote: »
    We'll deliver the details of the first handful of clears. The functionality of BoD on phase 2 will be part of the delivered details.

While your at it Arwoo any chance to make it possible to regain soul power during a boss fight like every 20th hit on a boss generate some soul power or perhaps a familiar that slowly fills your soul power gauge. Would add a nice dynamic for end game bossing?
  • DeathStarDeathStar
    Reactions: 1,330
    edited August 2018
    remove the skill
  • NovAuraNovAura
    Reactions: 710
    edited August 2018
    What about TMS / JMS ... their BOD WORK ON 2ND PHASE ... ALSO FAMILIAR ... So BOD IS OP ON ALL PHASE ..... including lucid every boss ... does it change anything on phase 2? .... TMS AND JMS STILL GOT their BOD RING... AND IT WORK ON PHASE 2 SO.... THERE NOTHING WRONG WITH BOD RING... Just because you don't have something doesn't mean you need to nerf everything.... what about firestarter ring? LUCID RING? DOUBLE BIND? is that fair too? ....
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2018
    I think the people that paid for the ring, the legit way, earned that advantage. Especially as it was time limited. I would say if they nerf the ring, those that have the ring should get a refund if they want one.

first, they should see if anyone with a ring even clears Hard Will.
  • boompower1x8boompower1x8
    Reactions: 840
    edited August 2018
    You know in other worlds with BOD, people have a chance to get them at gachapon. Over here, it was removed after 3 days and no one can get it anymore. 99% of the people who gets rings now do it illegally thru real $ trading. The skill itself is just half of the problem, availability is the other one.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018

Every team in GMS that cleared Hard Will (and there have been at least 6 so far) had several people with BoD.
    This thread's creator was in the team that cleared it first.
    Others who have cleared it admit that BoD makes it way easier than intended. (As do Potion Pots and healing familiars)
  • PeepPeep
    edited August 2018
    NovAura wrote: »
    What about TMS / JMS ... their BOD WORK ON 2ND PHASE ... ALSO FAMILIAR ... So BOD IS OP ON ALL PHASE ..... including lucid every boss ... does it change anything on phase 2? .... TMS AND JMS STILL GOT their BOD RING... AND IT WORK ON PHASE 2 SO.... THERE NOTHING WRONG WITH BOD RING... Just because you don't have something doesn't mean you need to nerf everything.... what about firestarter ring? LUCID RING? DOUBLE BIND? is that fair too? ....

Last I checked this was GMS. Nobody gives a crap about whether or not other versions decide to leave BOD the way it is. BOD is ridiculously overpowered in every way shape and form. It's so overpowered that having one allows you to ignore all boss mechanics from pretty much every single boss currently available in Maplestory.

The fact is it isn't available unless you plan on getting it through other means that break the TOS, and yes we do need to nerf things that are stupidly overpowered otherwise you don't have any form of balance.

The two items you mentioned are great and do give an advantage (esp Lucid earrings) but it's not as if u can't already bind in game and burning fields are available and regen relatively quick. BOD on the other hand pretty much gives godmode to some classes for a shot period. Some classes obv benefit far more from it but it still allows you to ignore pretty much all boss mechanics. That is a different level of broken which isn't available in any other form in game to players and one that needs to be addressed.
    I think the people that paid for the ring, the legit way, earned that advantage. Especially as it was time limited. I would say if they nerf the ring, those that have the ring should get a refund if they want one.

The ring is already BIS. That alone is enough. The skill that the ring gives poses serious balance issues. People also paid for their drop rate gear and earned the advantage but that got changed (it wasn't even OP too). If something is broken then it needs to be changed regardless of if people paid for it or not.
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited August 2018
    How about you just fight bosses without the ring. Make another category of boss fighting, "BoD-less boss runs". Or simply join reboot. There's a reason this ring is exclusive to p2w servers. You don't speak for all players.