[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Lab Server LV.200 Reward Bug.

AerwickAerwick
Reactions: 505
edited August 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Lab Event Quest, Not visible.

In short, once I've reached level 200, (yes, after I got to level 150, died and accepted the quest at lv.10) , I've reached lv.200 and I didn't get the lv.200 reward quest completion in the star notification.

In these pictures, you can see proof of reaching level 200, no completion of the lv.200 reward quest, regardless of it being in my quest-log.
qz5sFuG.png
2UXyJmZ.png

Comments

• HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Did you die attempting Von Leon after accepting the quest? The quest says you have to reach 200 without dying.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Omg that had better not be true. There's nothing in the description of the server that would lead you to believe that you have to do back-to-back deathless runs in order to get the legion block, especially when doing VL is likely to result in death. =/
  • PlutiaPlutia
    Reactions: 730
    edited August 2018
    Mira wrote: »
    Omg that had better not be true. There's nothing in the description of the server that would lead you to believe that you have to do back-to-back deathless runs in order to get the legion block, especially when doing VL is likely to result in death. =/

it is true. this is meant to be a hardcore server.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018

You can just forfeit the quest, finish the VL challenge and then die and accept the level 200 quest. But if you die after that you have to do it over again.
  • kannatoouuuukannatoouuuu
    Reactions: 100
    Many have also suffered through the same problem, horrible design imo. Not only was the VL quest open at the same time as the level 200 quest, it is 100% logical to complete the VL quest first then finish the level 200 quest. Not only that, no reminder or notification that your quest is void since you died at level 10? And a fix is to forfeit the quest and then redo it? Nexon, they died at level 10, it's not like they died at level 100, so this is a "hardcore" server is not really a good counter to this. Just horrible design, wish they would fix it where its if you die at any level above 10, the quest is void which would avoid the problem of dying at VL then screwing yourself over at
  • AKisAKis
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited August 2018
    SadVirgin wrote: »

You can just forfeit the quest, finish the VL challenge and then die and accept the level 200 quest. But if you die after that you have to do it over again.

This would be really redundant that you have to forfeit and re-accept the quest every time you die. you will alway have to level from 10 to 200 for the quest to be completed and nothing would change or remove anyting noteworthy if the quest would still be valid if you die after accepting it (except the forfeit and re-accept part). it
    kannatoouuuu
  • MiraMira
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018

But that is bad design. Why would anyone think that the current quest would become null and void at that point. It's extremely counter-intuitive and horrible, horrible design.
    kannatoouuuu
  • HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018

But that is bad design. Why would anyone think that the current quest would become null and void at that point. It's extremely counter-intuitive and horrible, horrible design.

I agree that it's bad design, they could have made the quest automatically forfeit and pop up or notify you that you've failed once you die. But to be fair it does list it as a requirement in the quest dialogue, so if you still die after accepting it you would then question whether you've failed the quest or not, right?
    Think of it like any other quest, the requirement for completing it at 200 is 0/0 deaths but it still tallies them up. So if you have 1/0 deaths or more you can't complete it. Much like not drinking the potion that tutorials give you, the quest will stay active but you're still at 1/0 potions when you need to be at 0/0 to complete it.
  • MiraMira
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    I agree that it's bad design, they could have made the quest automatically forfeit and pop up or notify you that you've failed once you die. But to be fair it does list it as a requirement in the quest dialogue, so if you still die after accepting it you would then question whether you've failed the quest or not, right?

That is exactly what should have happened. The fact that there's no notification would lead a player towards believing the death had no consequence, and instead head towards a false sense of completion, as has happened to the op.

Either way, it's a moot point for us to discuss. Nexon should have done a better job coding/explaining the event so as to not have people waste so much of their time doing this. =/
    TheToxicDudeFromRene
  • TheToxicDudeFromReneTheToxicDudeFromRene
    Reactions: 845
    edited August 2018
    100% unacceptable. They sure as hell better be fixing that nonsense. All the proof is there for the people that both completed VL (meaning they hit 150 and died) and then getting to 200. There is NO REASON that we should have to forfeit and re-accept that quest. Absolutely no reason. Wasting my effing time like that, when the ONLY notifier was barely a noticeable "update" blip on the Lab event page. One of which that wasn't even broadcast. I'm going to hold out for a retroactive fix, because there is no way I am going to get to 200 again. Complete BS.
    Tamirelia
  • BfortbattleBfortbattle
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited August 2018
    Why forfeit and then accept again.... makes no sense at all i want my reward, because even though i might have died at level 10 to von leon i still reached lvl 200 without dieing, as everyone else did, this can't be intended because EVERYONE did go 10-200 without dieing else they wouldn't be lvl 200 in the first place. Must be a bug and not intended... If this was intended it's just to make people really upset!
  • LamenterLamenter
    Lol. I hope they fix this.
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited August 2018
    This almost happened you me, had someone not warned me about it. Really terrible design, I'm sure a lot of people had to get to 200 twice because of this bs.
  • Daniel1954Daniel1954
    Reactions: 715
    edited August 2018
    Why forfeit and then accept again.... makes no sense at all i want my reward, because even though i might have died at level 10 to von leon i still reached lvl 200 without dieing, as everyone else did, this can't be intended because EVERYONE did go 10-200 without dieing else they wouldn't be lvl 200 in the first place. Must be a bug and not intended... If this was intended it's just to make people really upset!

Rather than a bug it seems like an oversight by design (Nexon didn't realize that people wouldn't forfeit the quest if they died, rather than the quest itself having faulty code). The current quest mechanics don't allow for auto-forfeit whenever you fail, and a lot of the ones that send you to a special location to complete them tell you that if you fail you have to forfeit the quest and reaccept them (like the second job quest for example, if you don't collect all the marbles and leave the area or get DC'd you have to forfeit the quest in order to try again).

So it really is an expected behavior of in-game mechanics, as frustrating as it can be. Don't get me wrong though, even if they currently can't do anything about that, I agree that they should be less vague in the quest info in-game and tell you more clearly (maybe it should be stated in red/bolded letters or it could include a death-counter so people can see that they have 1+/0 deaths required) that if you die you have to forfeit the quest and then reaccept it (currently, they only added a note about it in the event news, but people who don't go back to those after reading them won't even notice it).