[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Questions Regarding to Lab Server Legion Block

Comments

• DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited August 2018
    Are the blocks permanent? Permanent 48 ATT sounds like a bit much for an event reward.
    Also nobody answered OP's question- do we get BOTH blocks, or does the enhanced one just replace the normal one once we unlock it?
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited August 2018
    The blocks are permanent, we're also be able to accept both blocks. The enhanced block doesn't replace the normal block. If the blocks weren't permanent there'd be no reason to do Lab aside from a "fun challenge", which wasn't the case in Tms, I don't see why it'd be the case here.

What I want to know is if we seriously have to get to 250 for the max level of the blocks, I'm really confused as to why Gms would change that when Tms only had to do 200. I'm still not even convinced that 250 is possible in Lab. People seem to be underestimating how long it actually takes to get 250, especially without frenzy or kishin.
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited August 2018
    The blocks are permanent, we're also be able to accept both blocks. The enhanced block doesn't replace the normal block. If the blocks weren't permanent there'd be no reason to do Lab aside from a "fun challenge", which wasn't the case in Tms, I don't see why it'd be the case here.

What I want to know is if we seriously have to get to 250 for the max level of the blocks, I'm really confused as to why Gms would change that when Tms only had to do 200. I'm still not even convinced that 250 is possible in Lab. People seem to be underestimating how long it actually takes to get 250, especially without frenzy or kishin.
    I see, thank you!
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    I just wish they'd make the top tier legion block a challenge that's actually doable.

Not 250! What about reach 200 without any bonus HP. That'd be a challenge!
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    I just wish they'd make the top tier legion block a challenge that's actually doable.

Not 250! What about reach 200 without any bonus HP. That'd be a challenge!

Totally agree. I don't see it being feasible for any non-hacker to achieve. This is yet another 'Community Event' where the goal is essentially impossible to reach. And I like the idea of alternate challenges for achieving a goal, although I'm not sure how feasible no HP equipment would be either hahah. =P
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited August 2018
    How does killing von leon work? someone was telling me that we have to kill it at lvl 10?
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2018
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    How does killing von leon work? someone was telling me that we have to kill it at lvl 10?

yep, theres a quest in the star tab
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    i'm just so tired of us getting bad versions of everyone else's content, even our own
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018

What I did is when I got to 150, I emptied out my Use inventory and filled it with just black potions. I also previously picked up a set of level 10 clothes. When you die, you'll get a quest to kill VL while being equipped with a special bottle item. All I did was scroll my noob gear for pure stat, and chugged all the black potions. I ended up being 100k-850k range (yay mastery lol), and it only took 3 hits to take him out. I also suggest activating both quests (VL and level 200 quest) as I anticipated I might die (which I didn't), and you level up from killing VL which means you can no longer accept it at level 10.
    edited August 2018

Ive been getting an error for VL quest after maintenance, so watch out for that too. I asked others in game and they also have gotten errors.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018

Ive been getting an error for VL quest after maintenance, so watch out for that too. I asked others in game and they also have gotten errors.

The error is probably because all the instances are occupied. Try changing channel or just entering at a different time.
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited August 2018
    let's mass rage for the impossible requirement of level 250! for the max rewards, only hackers are gonna achieve that!
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited August 2018
    let's mass rage for the impossible requirement of level 250! for the max rewards, only hackers are gonna achieve that!

I've been trying to hit 250 for years on my main. Theres no way I'm doing it on a new character in the event time, 2x event or not.
  • xMrMeowxMrMeow
    Reactions: 1,625
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Why do the legion blocks have values for <150?

Also you need 200 for the 2nd block after dying post 150? I'm assuming does the ordinary (non enhanced) legion block scale with the max level your character hit at any given time or there level upon closing of the Lab Server?

In other words, I'm lv 150, if I reset to 10 so I can try for the Enhanced block as well, and get bored and quit after lv 100, will my normal legion block be for lv 100 or 150?
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited August 2018
    there are two blocks that your trying to earn. You have to get to 150 for the first block and get the quest. Then die, accept a quest "200 w/o death", kill von leon at level 10, every time you die you have to forfit and re accept the 200 w/o death quest. Level up to 200 w/o deaths for the second block. You would have earned the 150 block even if you stop at 100 on the second time leveling up your character as long as you have accepted the quests.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    I thought it was possible. I made a Paladin with 99k max defense and 200k HP. I grinded day and night around 10 hours+ a day. I ignore my main char for several days. I bought several 2x exp coupons 1 day using cash and grinded with less sleep. Until i arrived at lv 219 and the game crashed me 4 times and those green flying mob at chuchu killed me before i managed to online. SO MAD. I spent 30+hours on this lab server event for NOTHING. and it wasn;t even my fault. I did died before i made this Paladin coz i was using Ice Lightning mage. But it is half my own fault coz i was a bit careless. So once again I made a Paladin. But this time, it wasn;t my fault at all. I'm SO MAD AT THIS. They can check my log, I didn't even move at all coz i couldn't move coz the game keep crashing me
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2018
    The biggest question that needs to be answered is whether lab will be bugged in the same way that it was in tms, in that your final reward was based on whatever level your character was at the time of the server closing, rather than what quests you completed.

It would be very helpful if @Arwoo could get a concrete answer on this matter before it comes to the point of being too late.
    edited August 2018
    if I forfeit the 200 quest but I was already at 150 a second time around, would I have to die and start over(accept the 200 quest again) for the second legion block, since I forfeit the 200 quest?
  • DtxDtx
    Reactions: 770
    edited August 2018
    Do I'm the only one who skipped VL quest to rush to 200? :o
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    if I forfeit the 200 quest but I was already at 150 a second time around, would I have to die and start over(accept the 200 quest again) for the second legion block, since I forfeit the 200 quest?

The 200 quest can only be accepted at level 10.
    It can't be completed if it's not accepted.
    So you must die and go back to 10 to re-accept it.