[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unable to use Unstable Arcane Symbol

AznboiEAznboiE
Reactions: 3,445
edited August 2018 in Bug Reporting
I used the arcane catalyst to turn my Paladin's Level 6 Vanishing Journey Arcane Symbol into an unstable one and moved it to my Marksman and am unable to turn it back into an Arcane Symbol or consume it, with an error message saying that I must have the same arcane stone equipped (which I do). And I have finished the Vanishing Journey quest line to where I am able to do the daily quests.

Character Name: Zwei
Job: Marksman
World: Bera
Level: 202

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    You actually must not have the same symbol equipped or in your inventory.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited August 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    You actually must not have the same symbol in your inventory.

Thats... really dumb. If I had arcane symbols stored to level up the unstable symbol (which I did) I shouldn't have to drop every single one of them or the pre-leveled one I thought I could save to use on this symbol. That's upsetting to know I had to drop my level 2 symbol in favor of a level 6 one.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    The system is intended to allow people to switch mains, without losing all the time spent on leveling their symbols.
    It is not meant to allow people to farm symbol dailies on mules and transfer the results to their main, thus leveling it many times faster than intended.
    Unfortunately, the method Nexon decided to use to prevent such "abuse" was to require dropping your old symbol in order to stabilize a new one.