[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[SOLUTION] Nexon Launcher Runtime Error

ArwooArwoo
Reactions: 17,755
edited March 2017 in Tech Support
Ahoy, Maplers!

Many players have reported that they're receiving runtime error messages when using the Nexon Launcher.
As stated in the title of this thread, we have a working solution for the runtime error.

Please visit this link and follow the instructions to resolve the issue:
https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/115001169426-Runtime-Error

If you're experiencing issues that aren't related to the run time error, but is with the Nexon Launcher, please submit a ticket:
https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us

Thank you,

Arwoooo~
Raro

Comments

• kayabajikokayabajiko
    Reactions: 410
    edited April 2017
    hola mucho gusto yo e tenido problemas para iniciar me sale error. api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll ... no se como solucionarlo C++ 2015 y c++ 2017 me da un error. de compatibilidad.

System Information
    Time of this report: 4/6/2017, 11:58:05
    Machine name: KAIN-PC
    Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.150318-1623)
    Language: Spanish (Regional Setting: Spanish)
    System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation
    System Model: VPCSB45FL
    BIOS: InsydeH2O Version HuronRiver.3.61.05.2051R2087H4
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 4012MB RAM
    Page File: 3203MB used, 4818MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

• 2LoveNx2LoveNx
    Reactions: 200
    edited June 2017
    como resolviste tu error amigo ami me sale igual ahora?
  • darkangel01darkangel01
    Reactions: 800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    i got the same problem but now my launcher don't lunch it keep saying in game and then nothing happen. i got this message error. api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll ... for three day and when they did the maintenance i don't have that no more but the Maplestory don't lunch and let me in the game i click on repair the same thing should i uninstall and reinstall again. It not me that i don't log on i try to log on but it won't let me i hope my guild don't kick me out i am level 201 ans trying my hard to level up to level 202 but it doesn't happen because i have window vista i upgrade mine to window 8 now it used window 8.1. i don't know what to do i trying to get a new computer so far it not good for me it cost to much money i am waiting until Thanksgiving or black Friday to buy that about 3 month away.
  • IcydropIcydrop
    Reactions: 655
    edited September 2017
    My maplestory won't patch. It's downloaded the files but it is permanently stuck on "executing: This may take a while. Please Wait..." without any progress. I have waited for over an hour and still nothing. I have tried restarting the launcher and disabling my firewall but this hasn't helped.
  • ThonerThoner
    Reactions: 1,375
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I think my account has had a completely different issue. It is also in this section of the forum. Glad I eliminated at least one other issue as a possibility.
  • VBoyyyVBoyyy
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2017
    Its been a long time since the last time i've play MS. i just download Nexon lunch and install MS again but when i make it to the sever selection it automaticly pop up this and i cant turn it off pls help25181874_1758305114476571_1077181126_n.jpg?oh=448534db8e310b885b61c90e8abec553&oe=5A2ED5A8
  • Celest4Celest4
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited December 2017
    Black screen to desktop. Gotta love the latest launcher update.
  • FullCircleFullCircle
    Reactions: 960
    edited December 2017
    If you get the blank screen after the runtime error, where you cannot see task manager, there is a way on win 10 to get to task manager and close Maplestory, without having to do hard shutdown with power button.

1, press windows key (will force taskbar to show)
    2, click 'Task View' (normally next to Cortana window)
    3, Click the plus sign on bottom right to open a new desktop.
    4, select the new desktop
    5 , now you can call up task manager (and see it) and terminate the broken Maplestory task. (screen will go back to default resolution)
    6, click 'Task View' again on task bar and close the 2nd desktop

you should now be back on the original desktop that you launched maple from.
  • Deseantay123Deseantay123
    edited January 2018
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Ahoy, Maplers!

Many players have reported that they're receiving runtime error messages when using the Nexon Launcher.
    As stated in the title of this thread, we have a working solution for the runtime error.

Please visit this link and follow the instructions to resolve the issue:
    https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/115001169426-Runtime-Error

If you're experiencing issues that aren't related to the run time error, but is with the Nexon Launcher, please submit a ticket:
    https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us

Thank you,

Arwoooo~
  • YamiTetsuyaYamiTetsuya
    Reactions: 1,210
    edited March 2018
    I can't play. I came back just for this Evangelion event so I downloaded the game all over again and it worked fine in the morning but didn't stay long. Now I'm trying again at night and the Launcher doesn't make the game work at all.
  • SnowedSnowed
    Reactions: 840
    edited August 2018
    Here's a whole folder of all the fun I've been having over the past 3 hours.
    https://imgur.com/a/01gDv problem occurred on the 7th of March

Edit: update on 6th Aug 2018. Encountered the problem again, Maplestory unable to launch. It seems to be a reoccurring problem for many that has never been properly addressed.

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/12170/blank-error-message/p3
    Just scroll down until you find kennyabsilli and yashua's comments, hopefully that does the trick...
  • LordGabranthLordGabranth
    106j7ep.png
    i got this problem, help pls.
  • LordGabranthLordGabranth
    edited April 2018
    ve3dz9.png 11779cx.png
    Now... what i have to do?
  • Dark_EmperorDark_Emperor
    Unfortunately the installation of the Microsoft update didn't work for me.
  • CmiloCmilo
    edited August 2018
    file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/Capturar.PNG Somone can help me ?
  • PimmmmmmmmmPimmmmmmmmm
    ve3dz9.png 11779cx.png

Exact same problem, now what?
  • DropkogelDropkogel
    ve3dz9.png 11779cx.png

Exact same problem, now what?

same problem
  • SSKINGSSKING
    Can something be done about this please. I have tried running the game on my laptop (windows 10) through steam and the nexon launcher but it goes black screen as if it was loading and then it goes back to the the desktop saying "maplestory has stopped working" and then "Checking online for solution". Something like that. Like I love this game and it been a while since I played and I just want to play again but its not working. Ive spent last few hours trying to solve this no matter what ive done the same thing keeps happening.
  • RaireRaire
    Reactions: 400
    I had the Run time problem too, when I followed the steps it fixed my problem. But now whenever I load maplestory I crash when I press on a world "sciana". Any solution to this? Also I
  • ruth02ruth02
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited January 2019
    Raire wrote: »
    I had the Run time problem too, when I followed the steps it fixed my problem. But now whenever I load maplestory I crash when I press on a world "sciana". Any solution to this? Also I

this not have solution to today ... the crashers and problems whit visual persist