[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

LAG LAG LAG

RaindewRaindew
Reactions: 1,030
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2018 in Rants and Raves
How many weeks has it been?

ITS STILL LAGGING. FIX WHEN? 2020? HOLY GOD DAMN WHATS TAKING YOU SO DAMN LONG TO FIX THIS LAG.
I would of thought the stability of the game is #1 most important thing when it comes to MMO's but this is stupid and ridiculous.
The only time the servers were stable was before Luna even came back up.
Dazed

Comments

• FixTheLagBeraFixTheLagBera
    Reactions: 500
    edited July 2018
    It was such a blissful moment when Luna was down, you can actually use all your buff skills right away instead of the server making you wait a full second or so between each buff.
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited August 2018
    August 5th and it's still laggy af.
    Pretty clear nexon doesn't care at all.
    ManiOh
  • CislunarCislunar
    Reactions: 820
    Hey fellas,
    Is everyone still having problems? I've been lagging and disconnecting all day but my friend's doing fine. Any word on how things are holding up on your end or is it just me? I'm really tryin' to get some gains but this is putting a damper on things.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited August 2018
    I mostly lag during peak hours. During the off times I still lag a bit but not as bad. It comes in spikes. Maybe how bad it is depends on where you live?
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2018
    the further away you live from the servers, the more youll be prone to lag. Keep in mind it's global maplestory so people from many countries connect to the servers.
    edited August 2018
    the further away you live from the servers, the more youll be prone to lag. Keep in mind it's global maplestory so people from many countries connect to the servers.

So more servers in more places might help? Sounds expensive, though. Don't think they'd consider it a sound business move unless there were to be a huge influx of players or something. I imagine one's internet service would have something to do with it too. A user with DSL is going to lag more than a user with fiber. This is all speculation, of course.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2018
    No that is how it works, as well as wifi, if you play via wifi, youll lag and experience more crashing etc, probably not in different places, since that would require leasing out offices or stuff like that, but more of an upgrade, of course each project and expense has a certain budget, and they most likely set aside more for content, updates and maintenances than their server hosting.
  • FixTheLagBeraFixTheLagBera
    Reactions: 500
    edited August 2018
    Given I live in the Midwest and I use wired connection, I should not be lagging as bad as I should.
    edited August 2018
    Given I live in the Midwest and I use wired connection, I should not be lagging as bad as I should.

Do you have fiber? I have fiber and my connection is usually good. A bit of lag occasionally when there's tons of people on but not too bad.
  • xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    Reactions: 1,860
    edited August 2018
    i crashed like alot today every 10 mins f3.