[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Do maintenances BETWEEN rare 1 day events

Comments

Reactions: 735
    edited August 2018
    So, 2x event this weekend? and more Bebe boxes after maintenance / update this Thursday.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited August 2018
    So many people used the exploit. According to the TOS everyone of them should be banned. They need to decide at what point the exp/mesos gain could be considered an abuse vs just playing the game. I wonder where they will draw the line? Can they roll back individual accounts, or with there be a mass banning? I am interested to see how this plays out.
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited August 2018
    Plutia wrote: »
    i wish they'd atleast give an ETA

THEY DID! for eta in their post, they said when it is done!
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited August 2018
    Thanks for the false hope.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Freake
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    So many people used the exploit. According to the TOS everyone of them should be banned. They need to decide at what point the exp/mesos gain could be considered an abuse vs just playing the game. I wonder where they will draw the line? Can they roll back individual accounts, or with there be a mass banning? I am interested to see how this plays out.

The semi-funny/sad thing is that with Missions closing in -24hrs, some people could have been rushing the Enforcer mission without even realizing that they were "exploiting". =l
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018

THEY DID! for eta in their post, they said when it is done!

Jw, where does it say the end time for the maint.? I'm looking at the related article and it still says tbd for me. =l
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited August 2018
    I was hoping to get some dailies done, but i guess I'll just go sleep. Hope they got it fixed tomorrow.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2018
    most likely no compensation for this situation, and probably none needed.
  • ZerpZerp
    Reactions: 390
    edited August 2018
    ....and probably none needed.

Considering that I was planning to get beauty coupons on 2 more characters (by the way the last character I was doing was on 8/10 of the last quest ), I would contest that notion.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2018
    Zerp wrote: »
    ....and probably none needed.

Considering that I was planning to get beauty coupons on 2 more characters (by the way the last character I was doing was on 8/10 of the last quest ), I would contest that notion.

maplehood watch is a free event that cycles more than once a year.
  • ArchonisSanArchonisSan
    Reactions: 200
    edited August 2018
    Great....still messed up. I was off today and was trying to get my new WA up to at least 100...work tomorrow and I've missed the entire evening now. If i hadn't done the event earlier I'd be really mad...
  • Metal1777Metal1777
    edited August 2018
    COME ON NEXON DADDY NEEDS TO START A BISHOP
  • Metal1777Metal1777
    edited August 2018
    Game is back up!
  • PlutiaPlutia
    Reactions: 730
    edited August 2018
    Metal1777 wrote: »
    Game is back up!

yeaaah, totally missed the hair/face coupon tho since i wasn't on late last night. :(
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Freake
    CrystalOra wrote: »

The semi-funny/sad thing is that with Missions closing in -24hrs, some people could have been rushing the Enforcer mission without even realizing that they were "exploiting". =l

It was a hack, not an exploit. There was no way to unintentionally abuse it.
    YinYangXSlicedTime
  • Metal1777Metal1777
    COME ON NEXON DADDY NEEDS TO START A BISHOP
  • KritumiKritumi
    Reactions: 310
    YinYangX wrote: »

They haven't, although the most recent update is that they have a fix and are just verifying that it works, that was about 25 minutes ago though..

• DtxDtx
    Reactions: 770
    edited August 2018
    There's no better compensation for our community than banning those hackers :)
    Argent
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited August 2018
    Dtx wrote: »
    There's no better compensation for our community than banning those hackers :)

unfortunately no hack was required, it was an exploitable glitch with the event, as far as i have heard.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 2018
    unfortunately no hack was required, it was an exploitable glitch with the event, as far as i have heard.

No, as AKradian said, it was a hack. I can assure you that there was no way to come across it legitimately, regardless of how much of the Captain Vaga content you played or what you did while playing the content.
    A report was sent by a player in the Discord to one of the other VFMs who forwarded it to Nexon. This is based off of that report.