[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

No refund on my lab server cash shop purchases?

Comments

• st4rchst4rch
    Reactions: 200
    edited September 2018
    It really depends on how maple points are generated into the game ( I assume it's not the same as the currency ( mesos) They have to account for how much people spent and how they spent (some methods or purchases weren't eligible for refunds via maple points).

All of which should have been stated from the get go. I just have this sinking feeling that it is going to turn into weeks.
    All NX purchases made on the Lab server would be refunded in Maple Points once the server closed. Not all NX purchases made on the Lab server would be refunded in Maple Points once we hopefully figure out how to do it.

See what I mean?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    st4rch wrote: »
    It really depends on how maple points are generated into the game ( I assume it's not the same as the currency ( mesos) They have to account for how much people spent and how they spent (some methods or purchases weren't eligible for refunds via maple points).

All of which should have been stated from the get go. I just have this sinking feeling that it is going to turn into weeks.
    All NX purchases made on the Lab server would be refunded in Maple Points once the server closed. Not all NX purchases made on the Lab server would be refunded in Maple Points once we hopefully figure out how to do it.

See what I mean?

It's not a question of figuring out how to do it. They worked that out before the event even started.
    It's more a question of who to do it for, especially in light of the fact that LAB remained open for 12 hours longer than it was supposed to. They need to go over the data to make sure everything was recorded properly, and also that no cheaters managed to mess things up. That is something Nexon could not do until the event was over and they could look at all the cash shop purchase logs.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited September 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Lol. Lab is done and there has been a maintenance. No reason it should be some later date. If that was the case I wouldn't have spent nx there. This is ridiculous.

The event notice said "All NX used in the Lab Cash Shop will be refunded to the player as Maple Points (MP) after the end of the event"
    Not "immediately after," not "in the first maintenance after," just "after".
    If having to wait a bit for your refund was such a deal-breaker for you, you should have confirmed the date of the refund before spending anything.

lmao such a lame excuse, lets just wait till next year since its still technically 'after' the event....
  • SpiritFoxGamingSpiritFoxGaming
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited September 2018

See what I mean?

It's not a question of figuring out how to do it. They worked that out before the event even started.
    It's more a question of who to do it for, especially in light of the fact that LAB remained open for 12 hours longer than it was supposed to. They need to go over the data to make sure everything was recorded properly, and also that no cheaters managed to mess things up. That is something Nexon could not do until the event was over and they could look at all the cash shop purchase logs.

Not normally the type to complain about these things and I love giving Credit to Nexon where Credit is Due, But... This whole ordeal with the fact of how you explained it. That is actually the craziest way of ever possibly calculating stuff, like wtf. Does Nexon just love making designs that are overtly harder or something? I've played MMO's that had events similar to this if not exactly like this and all points were given, like the second the event ended and the game Updated. It's normally done by some way of an Auto-Calculator of sorts that keeps tracks per account per person when money is spent. That is all Calculated and then distributed automatically by the system. If errors were found the Company would then look at the logs and could see any anomalies in amount compared to the amount spent. This could be done before the Update is live just as a precaution or go live then check it and if issues were found and players spent said error points they'd be banned (for obvious reasons). What you're telling us here is, *Nexon does all this by hand, adding in the equation of human error*... I like MapleStory/Nexon but even they can't lie to themselves and say they haven't had some pretty bad track records in regards to *Human Interaction* within the last few years. I feel like having Nexon calculate money spent on accounts as humanly as possible is a literal S*** storm of a Disaster waiting to happen, not to mention super inconvenient for not only Players but Staff as well. All the time Nexon has to waste to do this is almost not worth having said Event, they could be using this time to do something more productive but they instead opted out for a slow resolution to something that shouldn't need a resolution for it, all they've done is take something and turn it into a *problem* rather than a *working idea*.

I only really have one question, well 2. should we expect it to be given out after all the CS Event end (Sakura Card Capture stuff I mean)?
    2nd, Why did Nexon choose such a weird way to tally/calculate results? Is it due to lack of engineering/ lack of workers? I feel like if a Game such as Latale in 2007 can have an Event like this that uses this function that fully worked, for a game that was admittedly smaller player wise compared to the massive gorge of a monster Maple was. But Maple can't nowadays with it's much smaller playerbase, This is kinda odd to me.

P.S. Those games that I mentioned were events ranging from 2007-2016. This kinda thing has been used for over a Decade now in MMOs.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    I don't think you understood my explanation.
    Everything is recorded automatically.
    But because of past cases of bugs, they want to check the results of the automated processes before giving money.
    This is how Nexon has always done things. As I pointed out before, MVP credit for spendings on Marvel is always delayed as well.

I'm not denying that other companies have better ways to do things. Some companies don't even need to take the game down for hours of maintenance with every update. Some companies actually communicate transparently with their players.
    But this is Maplestory, this is Nexon, and we players learn from experience what we can expect from them. That's all I've been trying to say.
  • SpiritFoxGamingSpiritFoxGaming
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited September 2018
    But because of past cases of bugs, they want to check the results of the automated processes before giving money.
    This is how Nexon has always done things. As I pointed out before, MVP credit for spendings on Marvel is always delayed as well.

I'm not denying that other companies have better ways to do things. Some companies don't even need to take the game down for hours of maintenance with every update. Some companies actually communicate transparently with their players.
    But this is Maplestory, this is Nexon, and we players learn from experience what we can expect from them. That's all I've been trying to say.

I understand that and I honestly feel like Nexon would benefit from fixing the way they do some things though. Wouldn't only help with reducing unneeded Tickets clogging the system but also help with both time consumption for Staff/Dev and the player base as a whole imo. Nexon's been trying to be more transparent recently which is great... still wish they could at least tell us whether or not we should expect our MPs after or before the Sakura Event ends. I assume before, there is no way it should take anyone over 30days to figure out who paid for what, I've dealt with bank fraud where someone used my card before under my identity and literally 2 People at the bank were able to trace down the source of uses and every single amount down to the cent used. This was all done on a Friday 5pm during extremely busy hours and it only took them an hr to figure it out. took then a day to refund everything I had lost also. I'm not saying this is the same exact thing, But I feel like dealing with bank fraud and a person using your identity would tilt more towards the side of being *More Difficult* than finding who bought what on a Video Game when said people finding the info literally have access to all the info themselves because they quite literally work on said Video Game. < I feel like this is the main issue most people are complaining about tbh, They feel like it shouldn't take this long. Which I kinda agree... but I digress, idc as long as I get it before Sakura Card event ends, or at the least have some shred of info on if we'll possibly receive it by then. If Nexon says no then I'll likely go buy some NX...
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited September 2018
    Everything is recorded automatically but...

There are really no buts here, you're making it seem like this is a really convoluted process on nexon's end. They had 7 hours to 'double check' the refunding process and more than a day afterwards to rectify it. There's no reason it should be taking this long, let alone become an issue in the first place. I'm not usually a cynical person but the way this was handled, and the fact it coincided with an nx box event, just screams malice to me. And this isn't me spreading FUD because we are STILL in the dark about this (all we got was the redundant 'we'll get back to you' treatment on goddamn reddit).

If this doesn't get resolved in this weeks maintenance, there are definitely questions to be answered because coming up with nuances and excuses is just white noise.
  • POdUserPOdUser
    edited September 2018

The issue at hand is not the convoluted processes of Nexon. we are customers, we don't care how you flip our burger, just get it to us. Again if Nexon knew they had to do this why not start on the weeks leading up to lab end? All they had to do is go through some purchase logs (which lets face it even a 12-year-old can go through it), and even IF they somehow had an outstanding amount of data to go through, there should have been a PSA and a PR on the news stating so, and an estimated time especially after specifically saying that NX will be refunded at the closing of the server.

The fact of the matter is that without a date and a public statement this leaves the costumers feeling wronged. Especially with limited cash shop items, this makes new players who maybe even spent NX for the first time that cannot do so often (such as myself) feel like I spent it at the wrong time. The trust has seriously been broken, and though this probably won't stop me from playing the game, it will definitely affect how I view all valuable promises the company may offer.

Also as a new player, don't give me any of this "we expect it" stuff. Clearly, not all of us do which is the entire point of the post, since we know nobody got a refund, and nobody has a date. well ain't that great
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    POdUser wrote: »
    The issue at hand is not the convoluted processes of Nexon. we are customers, we don't care how you flip our burger, just get it to us. Again if Nexon knew they had to do this why not start on the weeks leading up to lab end? All they had to do is go through some purchase logs (which lets face it even a 12-year-old can go through it), and even IF they somehow had an outstanding amount of data to go through, there should have been a PSA and a PR on the news stating so, and an estimated time especially after specifically saying that NX will be refunded at the closing of the server.

They never said "at". They said "after".
    They will get your burger to you, just not within 10 seconds of your order, which was never promised.
    As for the PSA and PR - Arwoo made a statement on reddit and I quoted it in this thread. It's a vague statement, because Nexon doesn't like to commit. I'm sorry you had to learn it this way, but we all have to, at some point. Some people keep playing, despite that. Some even keep paying. What you choose to do with the knowledge is entirely up to you.
  • AnnonTAnnonT
    Reactions: 800
    edited September 2018
    I don't understand why people are defending Nexon as if this is extremely delicate and technical. It's 100% a business plan to get people to spend more on the Sakura event. Had they given it right away, I would have gotten over 200k maple points, taking away my need to pursue my addiction of buying NX and getting the latest CS items. Being a frequent Diamond MVP player, odds are I would have wasted the 200k maple points and still bought more nx. After this nonsense I refuse to purchase and spend anymore and quite frankly it just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Had it been stated before hand I would have not spent any on the Lab server and just saved it. The only reason I spent all the NX I had was solely because, like the rest of the Maple community, I was under the impression that "after the server" closed, would mean literally after the server closed.
  • POdUserPOdUser
    edited September 2018
    Irregardless of the lenguage used. We are now both at and after the server closing.
    There is no reason why my burger isn't done and since we can't see the grill and the cook won't speak, I have every right to be outraged. This indeed leaves a sour taste, and it definitely makes me feel like I should switch restaurants.

Also this isn't "10 seconds after" this is more like after waiting their "ETA" and after waiting then being told it could be done "anywhere between now and infinity". Which is basically what we have been told

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited September 2018
    It'll either be next maintenance or one after.

But, why spend so much nx on a temporary server?

The way you should see it is as a tax return, you do your taxes after the end of a work year. then you wait a bit to get the return. they haven't stolen anything from you, it just isn't instant return.

it's just like when they hold contests, the winners don't get their maple points instantly, they get them during the following maintenance(s). My educated guess is how the points are generated, as they appear to hold value in terms of actual currency. just like nx holds real value. So, I don't think they can just generate the points out of thin air.
  • EnokumoEnokumo
    Reactions: 1,610
    edited September 2018
    They never stated at any time they will pay you back the spent out cash as maple point at a certain time, they said they will AFTER the event. If you're not here to complain then your bad. If you complain you're not getting your spent out cash back then also your bad, nobody forced you to that. It's like crying you're not getting anything back when you quit/get banned/whatever.
  • st4rchst4rch
    edited September 2018
    This is in no way anything like quitting or getting banned. Are you mental? We are upset because they are straight up lying. They don't need to check to see who spent nx. Its all automated.
  • pepepepe
    edited September 2018
    The way you should see it is as a tax return, you do your taxes after the end of a work year. then you wait a bit to get the return. they haven't stolen anything from you, it just isn't instant return.

Tax agencies don't give false promises. I don't even know why'd you compare a whole national revenue service to a low population video game event.
    Enokumo wrote: »
    They never stated at any time they will pay you back the spent out cash as maple point at a certain time, they said they will AFTER the event.

This has got to be the pettiest excuse I've ever heard yet its even being peddled by a VFM. Any person with common sense would look at it and assume, rightfully so, that we'd be getting it once the event was over.
    edited September 2018
    false promise? exactly what did they promise? theyre still reimbursing you guys, just not instantly. the process compares, who the hell is comparing companies, it's the practices/process that compares.

SO, I repeat, Nexon hast stolen anything, theyre just not instant maple points. They don't just press a button and viola, maple points.
  • pepepepe
    edited September 2018
    false promise? exactly what did they promise? theyre still reimbursing you guys, just not instantly. the process compares, who the hell is comparing companies, it's the practices/process that compares.

Your analogy is terrible, is what im saying.
    SO, I repeat, Nexon hast stolen anything, theyre just not instant maple points. They don't just press a button and viola, maple points.

They had 7+ hours to double/triple check an automated process yet we still don't have a definite word of clarity on this issue beyond some reddit post. So far it just seems like it was an intentional move to delay rewards.
    edited September 2018
    Why are you assuming the issue is with "checking" anything?
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited September 2018
    It'll either be next maintenance or one after.

or the one after that, or the one after that, or the one after that repeat ad infinitum

if you object to this, then consider the fact that 'after' can mean 50 years from now
  • EnokumoEnokumo
    Reactions: 1,610
    edited September 2018
    This is in no way anything like quitting or getting banned. Are you mental? We are upset because they are straight up lying. They don't need to check to see who spent nx. Its all automated.

No need to be abusive. Accusations they are "straight up lying" is pointless because I doubt you can know if they are lying about that. I also doubt you understand the procedure of charging back the spent amount of cash into maple points to make sure they do not mess up. In the end they are in the right to say they don't have to pay back because simply that's the policy and you willed to pay real money in the game. If you're going enrage because you did not consider that then I feel bad for you.

and if you're mad because of these facts, stop paying money into MapleStory.