[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

This is not a ban appeal

CaseyCaseyCaseyCasey
Reactions: 950
edited September 2018 in Rants and Raves
Fellow maplers,
On September 2nd around 4am pst I was transferring meso to star on my 250 nightlord SuchADupa, when I was disconnected 3-4 times. When I relogged to channel select the last time I was shown a ban notice. It was a permanent ban for third party/hacking software. I of course freaked out and went straight to nexon support to make a ticket. Supposedly since a few months ago the support was supposed to have been “better and more detailed.” I entered all my information and waited not so patiently for a reply. 2 hrs later I had a response to why I was banned. They claimed my 217 kanna URAfever was using full map attack in tynerum labyrinth 3. For those who are unfamiliar with that map, it’s part of the gollux prequests inside the maze part. The mobs in the map I am accused of hacking are level 147. With this level difference I don’t even make meso. I had done the prequests for my kanna September 1st at around 2pm pst with the help of my guildie who’s a 250 lumi. Upon entering the map my kanna put down spirits domain, a 5th job full map attack, to kill the 50 elderwraiths needed to move along with the quest. After finishing the rest of the prequests I did hellux with my guildie before and after reset. I wasn’t banned until almost 13 hours after I was doing the prequests. My main account is over 8100k legion, and my nightlord has 1110 arcane force and is one of the top nightlords in reboot. I’m the leader of a top 3 guild on the guild rock and I have many friends in this game and I have never been banned for hacking before. So why in the hell would I throw it all away to hack gollux prequests when I’m on a 217 kanna with max spirits domain and I have a 250 luminous with max gate of light (another full map attack) in my party helping me????
I really can’t believe I have to defend myself with this. It’s like being guilty before proven innocent only you don’t get a chance to really prove your case.

https://imgur.com/a/QGGxVYY

(Didn’t know where I should post this..)
HeadPanchoHowardsAranDuschaFixTheLagBeramjgj96lodwyvernHeiB0sscarmenpop22

Comments

• HeadPanchoHeadPancho
    Reactions: 330
    edited September 2018
    #FreeTheDupa
    CaseyCaseycarmenpop22
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    can we stop having GMs that don't understand kanna's most popular skills thanks
    CaseyCaseymjgj96carmenpop22
  • CaseyCaseyCaseyCasey
    edited September 2018
    chooz wrote: »
    can we stop having GMs that don't understand kanna's most popular skills thanks
    This!
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited September 2018
    It was probably a new GM, if they in fact "witnessed" it. They were doing so well with the false bans, and now another legit players gets falsely banned.

Probes the question, what the heck is a GM doing in the maze, why would anyone even hack there? out of all the maps that are reported, they decide to visit a map that people only go one time per character they make, if they even decide to do gollux. a map that is timed and has no value in the mobs, that only serve a purpose for a quest.
    CaseyCaseyHeadPanchoLilyflowercarmenpop22
  • CaseyCaseyCaseyCasey
    edited September 2018
    It was probably a new GM, if they in fact "witnessed" it. They were doing so well with the false bans, and now another legit players gets falsely banned.

Probes the question, what the heck is a GM doing in the maze, why would anyone even hack there? out of all the maps that are reported, they decide to visit a map that people only go one time per character they make, if they even decide to do gollux. a map that is timed and has no value in the mobs, that only serve a purpose for a quest.

The worst part for me is my ticket has been escalated to the senior gm but supposedly since he’s the only gm that can help he has a waitlist of over a month. I know I’ll be unbanned but waiting for an answer is hard.

Anyone who has played maple knows of the gollux prequests and knows you are only in the maze for 2 reasons. 1. You are doing the prequests. 2. You are helping someone do the prequests.

Thanks for responding to my post. I feel like these posts don’t really help or bring awareness though. Ugh.
    edited September 2018
    Don't fret, the community knows too well, one situation in particular, a woman got banned for training her Jett I believe. Through our support and her persistence that she was innocent, she and a few others got their accounts back.

There's not much we can do to help other than support you. Youre actually one of the lucky ones that got it delivered to the senior GM to look at, regardless of wait time. Some, it took weeks to months of outcry.

I'll leave you with these words of wisdom,"Whenever something is gained, something is always lost. It's difficult to live after something like that. What is lost will never return. Important things, irreplaceable things, but what is needed to keep those things is in the firm will packed into one bullet. Man knows, he knows nothing will begin unless he speaks, and that nothing will change, unless he moves. "
    CaseyCaseyLilyflowercarmenpop22
  • SoyavistaSoyavista
    Reactions: 430
    edited September 2018
    #FreeCasey This is a false positive
    CaseyCaseycarmenpop22
  • TrashcantTrashcant
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited September 2018
    I don’t trust Nexon’s moderation if they can’t see the difference between playing a video game and violating the rules.
    CaseyCaseycarmenpop22
  • CaseyCaseyCaseyCasey
    edited September 2018
    Trashcant wrote: »
    I don’t trust Nexon’s moderation if they can’t see the difference between playing a video game and violating the rules.

I’m with you. I’m definitely going to have anxiety when I get unbanned that this will happen again.
  • DuschaDuscha
    Reactions: 520
    edited September 2018
    "Multiple" GMs reviewed your ticket and didn't do anything? I can't fathom how little knowledge these people had to have about the game to come to the decision of upholding your false ban. Petomaru and crew need some serious training pronto before they pull something like this again.

Hope you get your account back soon. It really sucks how you're going to miss out on all the symbol dailies and Sengoku.
    CaseyCaseycarmenpop22
  • CaseyCaseyCaseyCasey
    edited September 2018
    Duscha wrote: »
    "Multiple" GMs reviewed your ticket and didn't do anything? I can't fathom how little knowledge these people had to have about the game to come to the decision of upholding your false ban. Petomaru and crew need some serious training pronto before they pull something like this again.

Hope you get your account back soon. It really sucks how you're going to miss out on all the symbol dailies and Sengoku.

Thanks. Luckily I’m only missing out on morass symbol dailies for my nl. Although sengoku would be nice for mules and a replacement badge for my nl in case I boom.. it’s not the end of the world. I have 3bil of Black cubes that will expire that I bought from dmt for inverse earrings/sw earrings and my meister for alchemy has already probably dropped which is annoying...my reputation has probably taken a hit too for ppl who don’t know why I was banned which affects my guild as well.
    I just can’t believe that I have to wait at LEAST a month for the senior gm when it’s clear I was falsely banned.
  • CaseyCaseyCaseyCasey
    edited September 2018
    25 days later and my ticket hasn’t been looked at. Fbm.
  • HanzSoloHanzSolo
    Reactions: 525
    edited September 2018
    If it makes you feel any better, I just got hit today, for Farming on my Illium in bitty Bobble one. - All they are telling me is skill hack, and not even what it was from.

Now i gotta jump through hoops just to get it looked at.

Just started fresh on Eu reboot, decided to gun for MvP litteraly less than 24 hours before grinding it up to 220 on my weekend. Did lach pre-quests and came back home to this. I mean i was using sticky keys ok, but i was just standing in the middle moving ball side to side, and flying around to loot.

same litteral responses as you - do i just keep asking them to forward my Appeal to a senior member?
  • CaseyCaseyCaseyCasey
    edited September 2018
    HanzSolo wrote: »
    If it makes you feel any better, I just got hit today, for Farming on my Illium in bitty Bobble one. - All they are telling me is skill hack, and not even what it was from.

Just started fresh on Eu reboot, decided to gun for MvP litteraly less than 24 hours before grinding it up to 220 on my weekend. Did lach pre-quests and came back home to this. I mean i was using sticky keys ok, but i was just standing in the middle moving ball side to side, and flying around to loot.

same litteral responses as you - do i just keep asking them to forward my Appeal to a senior member?

Type out exactly what happens and that you want your ticket forwarded to a senior gm. My last ticket that was escalated to the senior gm has been sitting for 25 days open. Supposedly it’s a 30-35 day waitlist once your ticket is esculated to the senior gm so I have 10-15 days still to wait. Once he gets to you it should be fairly fast though. It’s eiher get escalated and wait 35 days to get unbanned or get a copy paste every day.
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited September 2018
    Hundreds of botters in Ludibrium in every single channel, spawning Eboss every 5 min= Not banned
    lvl 217 kanna doing legit all map attack on the low level quest map = Gets banned

Everyone plz give a round of applause to nexon maple team. They truly are taking a step in the right direction to fix the game and make it great. It's about time they kick those phony legit player minorities out for all the hackers who make up majority of the population.
    CaseyCaseycarmenpop22
    edited September 2018
    HanzSolo wrote: »

I believe sticky keys aren't against ToS, as long as it's not macros and such
    Lilyflowercarmenpop22
  • JustPallyJustPally
    Reactions: 220
    edited September 2018
    #FreeTheDupa I say we drive to nexon hq and throw hands
    CaseyCaseycarmenpop22
  • GrasirGrasir
    Reactions: 920
    y'all gotta check this again need to stop with all this slackin
    CaseyCaseycarmenpop22
  • yo72yo72
    Reactions: 740
    28 days free my guild leader reee
    CaseyCaseycarmenpop22
  • yo72yo72
    Reactions: 740
    It sucks waiting 4 weeks and counting to be unbanned. Doesn't nexon know you have a PSB box addiction
    CaseyCaseycarmenpop22