[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Question about removal of non-kms content

xedozxedoz
Reactions: 455
edited October 2018 in General Chat
With the latest removals of non-kms content me, and alot of other people are worried about the direction the game is going.
The removal of singapore is a new meso farm nerf for reboot.
This raises concerns about what new changes are coming in the future, especially those where a kanna is involved.
The current meta for reboot is to either use a kanna / kish mule and farm on your main or the use of a suicide kanna mesofarmer.
The latest change makes a clp farmer the best (only?) alternative, either a kanna farmer or a kishmule.
The questions that i think both me and most of the community want & needs answers on is what is the future plan for kanna and kishin?

Will sengoku and other non-kms classes be removed aswell?
Will kishin be nerfed/removed?
How much other non-kms content is getting removed?

These three questions need official response since they all heavily impact the future of the game.

Comments

• DavOpsDavOps
    Reactions: 560
    edited October 2018
    *if CLP is the only place where one can farm, technically Nexon is forcing us to have a main Kanna

*I think the memo says that all non-Korean content will be removed, not now but maybe in the future
  • DiximaNDiximaN
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited October 2018
    You still got Byebye as long as it's safe from Nexon's sword.
    DavOps wrote: »
    *I think the memo says that all non-Korean content will be removed, not now but maybe in the future

Well, let's just kill GMS once and for all.

However we don't want to be an exact copy of KMS
    Lilyflower
  • EXdestEXdest
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited October 2018
    so glad this is happening.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited October 2018
    Hi guys, we get the concerns and the precedent that is set with the removal of Singapore.
    However, currently our team hasn't made finalized plans on what is to be removed.

As stated in the memo, we'll be sure to communicate any upcoming changes sooner to you all.
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited October 2018
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Hi guys, we get the concerns and the precedent that is set with the removal of Singapore.
    However, currently our team hasn't made finalized plans on what is to be removed.

As stated in the memo, we'll be sure to communicate any upcoming changes sooner to you all.

With all due respect, I highly doubt this last minute announcement was an honest mistake. You guys knew the outlash that would follow and so decided to wait until it's too late for us to resist. This isn't the first time you've done this and I'm bet my kidney that it won't be the last.
    HHG1ArgentShadEightHarmlessSlicedTime
  • xedozxedoz
    Reactions: 455
    edited October 2018

These questions needs to be answered now, not a few weeks before happening.
    Alot of people are disappointed that they invested time and money into their kannas that became useless in a few months, and even if they level them up to 247 to farm on clp we dont know if stuff will be nerfed soon.
    I have friends who just recently levled up and funded their suicide kannas on eu reboot wich now need to be leveled up to 200+ and heavily invested in (dailies etc) to be viable as farmers.
    Players need to know that they arent wasting time leveling up new farmers or mules.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018

I don't think the timing is the issue.. it's still removing content as well as removing an items obtain-ability, sure if it was announced early we could of done the quest more on mules, but it's still being removed and screws over new players and new characters post removal. We are sick of all these negative changes Arwoo. They have been happening ever since Unleashed and it's been whittling away at the population since then. The game was at a high when it was all about party playing pre unleashed and it was so lively. Now we have a ridiculous end game with the black update and along with that we get even more removal of content and areas starting with neo city , crimsonwood keep pq. We have lost so much of it , along side stuff like the destruction of kanna ,boss changes which don't even make sense for the GMS region. I would love to know who gets the final say in all this i really would ..

The content isn't even outdated so i don't see how that can be used as an excuse when you have MORE outdated content than content which you are removing
  • DavOpsDavOps
    Reactions: 560
    edited October 2018

when? u post the Memo in less that 12 hours
    those changes took us by surprise
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    Reactions: 2,120
    edited October 2018
    But yet they keep **** actually dead content like Twisted Aqua road. lmfao.
    BDanLilyflowerSlicedTime
  • DSpellGuyDSpellGuy
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited October 2018

as one who works retail and sees customer's opinions I'll point out that a company only considers what their consumers say to an extent. I'm not too happy with the removal of a means of a decent badge. While I DO understand why such area was removed [hackers, etc] I do feel that NX america should consider doing something like what happened with Chyrse and make it a pq sorta thing where players can at the very least get the badge still.
  • DodochDodoch
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited October 2018

This has me even more worried about the fact that you keep avoiding the haku's blessing thread. Who's not to say that you will post on it saying that kannas are getting removed 20 minutes prior the black mage update.
  • VinsaneVinsane
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited October 2018
    DiximaN wrote: »
    You still got Byebye as long as it's safe from Nexon's sword.
    DavOps wrote: »

Well, let's just kill GMS once and for all.

However we don't want to be an exact copy of KMS

The way I see how nexon can kill GMS is too kill the beast tamer.

Lilyflower