[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Holy Magic Shell : wth ?

RetrolightRetrolight
Reactions: 710
in General Chat
Hello
I don't get it. What happened to the skill ? 10% reduction on % damage as a buff sounds good at first, but is very situational. On the other hand, the skill seems to be nerfed to oblivion with the restriction to use it for 80 sec (not as cooldown, the basic cooldown is 90 sec), plus the duration reduction (15 sec only), plus the non benefit of buff duration skills / traits... I mean seriously?
Besides, the hyper skill "Holy magic shell - Colldown reduction -50%" is pointless as it reduces the cooldown to 45 sec, but you still can't use the skill due to the use restriction of 80 sec?
Very bad balance design, or am i missing something?
Thanks guys for your explanations in advance.

Comments

• L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    It keeps me alive through the initial lotus lasers when they're already active when you're just spawning in. That's a huge buff for me. Everywhere else I was just using it to block blockable instant kills so for me personally this was a buff.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited October 2018
    Holy Magic Shell was found to be too broken in more difficult content and needed some fine tuning for balance. Maplers were near completely invincible (excluding HP% based mechanics) facetank all touch damage while the buff duration stacking bishop sat nearby recasting the skill continuously.

The spell is now redesigned to be used more strategically requiring more foresight on the Bishops part to pull off a "Hail Mary" moment.
    Sgf
  • RetrolightRetrolight
    edited October 2018
    Thanks guys for your explanations.
    I get that the skill could be abusive in more difficult content, but the problem is, imo, that's it's a 3rd job skill. This makes a 3rd job skill kinda useless until way later in the game. So you have to put points in a skill you won't use much, during like 70 lvls... That's no fun at all >_> And the hyperskill cooldown reduction (you get 10sec from it all in all now if i'm correct) adds to the feeling you're putting points in nothing till you're 220+...
    I'm not a fan of this, but i appreciate your points of view though :)
  • SuperJonicSuperJonic
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited October 2018
    Rip -50% CDR for holy shell now.

https://imgur.com/AUUjwI3
    Retrolight
  • RetrolightRetrolight
    edited October 2018
    Yea the CD reduction hyper skill is pretty useless AND misleading now, that's why i spoke about "bad design". The skill is nerfed mostly for end game balance purposes, i can hear that. But the skill has no real purpose until then, whereas you get it at 3rd job AND you have to put 20 points to max it. It's current design has nothing to do with a 3rd job one. I'd suggest to add something like knockback reduction as a passive effect to it, for example.
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Retrolight wrote: »
    Besides, the hyper skill "Holy magic shell - Colldown reduction -50%" is pointless as it reduces the cooldown to 45 sec, but you still can't use the skill due to the use restriction of 80 sec?

KMS realized this and changed the Hyper Skill to increased %HP Damage Reduction in the following Skill Balancing.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited October 2018
    yo who ever did that needs to be back handed. who would do this to bishops its like we get no love screw over did this.