[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

how do I lodge a formal complaint about a VFM?

TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
Reactions: 2,320
edited October 2018 in General Chat
Just looking for advice as to what contact in Nexon i need to send e-mail to lodge a formal complaint vs a VFM? I feel offended that I am unable to state my opinions and speak my mind openly and freely without persecution on these forums. Specially when it is obvious sarcasm, that I guess went way over this individual's comprehension.

Guess from now on i will be screen shot quoting on reddit with my rebuttals and staying away from this dictatorship like forum.

Also on another note how long does it take for warnings to fall off your forum posting account? It feels like they are permanent and this is a poor design choice if it is imo.

Any VFM's able to give me this information I need? NeoSpectre you there? Able to help me out?

Comments

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited October 2018
    Look on the bright side, at least you can leave this dictator-like forum. We don't have a minefield or border patrol preventing you from leaving.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2018
    You're allowed to have and speak your opinions. That does not mean you are exempt from the rules, that is to say, you are to post your opinion constructively, without attacking people or Nexon, and without spreading FUD.

For example, it was unnecessary to fan the flames of an argument, sarcasm notwithstanding, by continuing the discussion on speculation regarding Nexon's intentions. Sarcasm specifically does not translate well into text and no, it was not "obvious" in the context of the discussion.
    To add, referring to the forums as a "dictatorship" simply because you were warned not to fan said flames of an argument is not helping your case.

Warnings on Vanilla forums do expire as far as I can tell, but their expiry date is dependent on a number of factors, several of which are set in the background (I.E. I do not know what they are, and have not bothered to look), and the expiration is renewed whenever a new warning is given. Moderators can clear warnings, but this removes all history. Ultimately, warnings are not visible to other users. You can contact a moderator if you believe you do not deserve the warning, as is typical on many sites.

I'll pass along your complaints to Arwoo, if that's what you want, but I maintain that I was quite clear in why you received your warning, and I was also warning users in the thread in general, not just yourself.

Close reason:
    Thread made for "calling out" a moderator
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/6835/code-of-conduct#latest
    - Please do not make threads directed at the Community Managers/Volunteers.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited October 2018
    The best way to reach me would be on Discord or to PM me here on the forum. If it's urgent, I'd recommend Discord as I do get around 100+ requests weekly on the forum for a name change.
    YinYangX
This discussion has been closed.