[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Question about quest "soaring on a mount"

HUuuuuUGOHUuuuuUGO
Reactions: 200
edited October 2018 in General Chat
I feel so bad now...

I just spent 50m+20m on the quest "soaring on a mount" by mistake... And meanwhile, I missed that hog catch and I still had Pheromone perfume in my use slot. After that, I googled and found that if I wanna get a mount, I have to spend another 20m meso on it to catch that hog...

I can't tell if I get anything from that huge amount of meso...

Can someone tell me what should I do to make up all those mistakes, please :(

Comments

• ChroniusNightmareChroniusNightmare
    Reactions: 1,975
    edited October 2018
    They recently brought back the mount quest for explorers, so there's some differences in these new quests. At level 60, you go to Kenta in Aqua Road for the first quest where you're opening chests for items while protecting a hog from a Zeta Grey. The second quest is for you to get your own hog, so you talk to Kenta to transport you to the area that has hogs and you use the item when you're really close to them to catch them. At level 120 you go to Chief Tatoma in Leafre to start working on the journey from Hog to Silver Mane, which involves the collection of 500 of Turtle Dragon's Cracked Shells, 500 of Green Hobi's Pin Hov's Charms, and 50 million mesos. The Soaring quest you completed may not have been related to the Hog quests, however, now you have a skill that can be used on special mounts for you to fly around (most) towns and enemy maps. I have a list of them in my Beginner guide.
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/14804/non-leeching-perma-beginner-type-guide/p1
    HUuuuuUGO
  • HUuuuuUGOHUuuuuUGO
    edited October 2018
    They recently brought back the mount quest for explorers, so there's some differences in these new quests. At level 60, you go to Kenta in Aqua Road for the first quest where you're opening chests for items while protecting a hog from a Zeta Grey. The second quest is for you to get your own hog, so you talk to Kenta to transport you to the area that has hogs and you use the item when you're really close to them to catch them. At level 120 you go to Chief Tatoma in Leafre to start working on the journey from Hog to Silver Mane, which involves the collection of 500 of Turtle Dragon's Cracked Shells, 500 of Green Hobi's Pin Hov's Charms, and 50 million mesos. The Soaring quest you completed may not have been related to the Hog quests, however, now you have a skill that can be used on special mounts for you to fly around (most) towns and enemy maps. I have a list of them in my Beginner guide.
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/14804/non-leeching-perma-beginner-type-guide/p1

Thank you so much!

I've read the mount part of your guide. So I guess I won't try to finish the Hog quests now since I don't have enough mesos.

But for the soaring quest, I've finished that quest and I can't find the Soaring skill in my skill book. Could you please tell me what's going on here?
    edited October 2018
    HUuuuuUGO wrote: »

I can't find the Soaring skill in my skill book. Could you please tell me what's going on here?

In your skills window, there is a blue button with the word "Mount" on it. Click that and you will open up another window that will show you all the mounts you have and even the "Soaring on a Mount" skill.
  • HUuuuuUGOHUuuuuUGO
    edited November 2018

I can't find the Soaring skill in my skill book. Could you please tell me what's going on here?

In your skills window, there is a blue button with the word "Mount" on it. Click that and you will open up another window that will show you all the mounts you have and even the "Soaring on a Mount" skill.

Sorry to bother you once again. I think I still can't use the skill called "soaring(mount)".
    I got a Barlog mount recently, and I checked your thread which said that the Barlog mount is known to be able to Soar.
    What I did is double-click Balrog mount and double-click soaring(mount) skill, but nothing happened.
    Could you please tell me what's the right way to mount this Balrog?
    edited November 2018

Sorry to bother you once again. I think I still can't use the skill called "soaring(mount)".
    I got a Barlog mount recently, and I checked your thread which said that the Barlog mount is known to be able to Soar.
    What I did is double-click Balrog mount and double-click soaring(mount) skill, but nothing happened.
    Could you please tell me what's the right way to mount this Balrog?

Was the name of the coupon "Balrog" or "Balrog Mount." One is permanent while the other one has an expiration. To my knowledge, only permanent mounts are capable of soaring. Also while mounted, you can hold down the up key and tap jump as a faster way to enter soaring state and press down+jump at the same time to exit.