[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Increase spawn rates and count at LHC

DiximaNDiximaN
Reactions: 1,390
edited October 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
A lot of bosses nowadays have prequests. Some of them are passable, while some of them are horrible, and one of them is Von Leon's one, which requires you to complete the missions in Lion King Castle or - as I like to call this area - LHC.
Once a favorable training area post-Big Bang patch, it has been nerfed as hell in terms of monsters' HP and EXP. However I feel that the spawn rate haven't been changed at all since LHC's initial release.... And that leads us to me and a lot of other players trying to do Von Leon's prequests and struggling with maps with less than 10 mobs per map and a very long respawn time.

I suggest two possible solutions for this issue: either increase the spawn rate and count at LHC maps, or just edit the quests to reduce the amount of monsters to kill/items to collect/increase the drop rate of certain quest items.
  1. Best possible solution for the quests at LHC?6 votes
    1. Increase the spawn rate and count
       83% (5 votes)
    2. Modify the quests
       17% (1 vote)
    3. Don't touch VL's prequests and this area at all. I'm a masochist
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    I believe increasing the spawn rate would fix this, I normally avoid doing the pre-quests because the spawn rate is so low and the EXP isn't that good.
    However the starforce area behind the questline is actually quiet good imo, so I will sometimes do this questline if I'm bored and want to auto-pilot.
    At least one of the rooms in the King's Castle area only has 4 mobs per wave. This is an extremely low number. It makes grinding in that map pretty pointless.
    If the area could be balanced to have similar spawn/exp rates to other areas around similar level, that would be fantastic.

Also as a small note to DiximaN, please try to keep personal bias out of your poll options.
    You shouldn't try to make people feel bad for having a different opinion.
  • DiximaNDiximaN
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited October 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    I believe increasing the spawn rate would fix this, I normally avoid doing the pre-quests because the spawn rate is so low and the EXP isn't that good.
    However the starforce area behind the questline is actually quiet good imo, so I will sometimes do this questline if I'm bored and want to auto-pilot.
    At least one of the rooms in the King's Castle area only has 4 mobs per wave. This is an extremely low number. It makes grinding in that map pretty pointless.
    If the area could be balanced to have similar spawn/exp rates to other areas around similar level, that would be fantastic.

Also as a small note to DiximaN, please try to keep personal bias out of your poll options.
    You shouldn't try to make people feel bad for having a different opinion.

You can't access to the Star Force areas if you haven't completed the main quests of this area tho. This makes the whole SF area useless for guys who wants to train their mules as fast as possible (and want an alternative for Bains)
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    DiximaN wrote: »
    You can't access to the Star Force areas if you haven't completed the main quests of this area tho. This makes the whole SF area useless for guys who wants to train their mules as fast as possible (and want an alternative for Bains)
    I'm aware of that. Which is why I said I avoid usually.
    There are two other theme dungeons you could give a try if you want a mix up. Golden Temple and/or Fantasy Theme Park.
    I find keeping the game fresh is more important than going "as fast as possible."
    All that ends up doing is burning me out.